Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MISSING/FOUND DEAD: Baby Elaina - Toledo
Thanks Nightowl. That's a shame about the hair. I didn't see your post until now.

So they're both being held for obstruction of justice. That's not enough (obviously). I wish they'd find that little girl's body although, if she's in the water, I don't know how long forensic evidence would last.

Sad, sad case.
Commando Cunt Queen
(08-08-2013, 05:20 PM)username Wrote: if she's in the water, I don't know how long forensic evidence would last.

In water, not long at all. It's my understanding that things begin to deteriorate at a rapid pace once submerged.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
http://www.13abc.com/story/23352660/poli...ighborhood
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Thanks for the update, OTD. Anxious to hear what comes from tomorrow's press conference.

I thought LE searched Steven King's home months ago? If so and those were Elaina's remains found in a box in his home today, it's puzzling that they weren't discovered by LE before (or disposed of by King before he was arrested for obstruction).

Hope we learn more details tomorrow.
Police were back near Steven King's house early this evening, reportedly in response to a fight that broke out related to the case.

The possible remains were found in the afternoon, within a computer box that was located in the detached garage of Steven King's home.

Sure sounds like King provided LE with the information after his obstruction hearing today. He was interviewed by investigators just before they executed a search warrant on his place.

IF these are indeed Elaina's remains, fully expecting to see King claim that Angela is responsible and he was covering for her, and Angela to claim that Steven is responsible and she was too afraid to tell.

Ref:
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...-case.html
HOT, I can't imagine the baby being at that house all this time. If so, bad police work and a lot of time and $$$$$ wasted. This story is beyond my imagination. So very, very sad. I'll be watching the news conference !
Thanks! OlderThanDirt for the update on baby Elaina. What a terrible terrible story, this poor little baby possibly inside an empty box.

I would not rule out anything yet on how the box arrived in that garage and where did a computer box come from? the King house looked very shabby signs of impoverishment, I don't see how a box would hold up this length of time, a plastic tote would hold up, I'm thinking a box would deteriorate, then you would have a terribly foul odor that would linger and linger.

Taken from Northwestohio.com September 6th 2013.

TOLEDO -- The case of missing baby Elaina Steinfurth has taken another sad, and some would say unsurprising, turn as Toledo Police confirm the discovery of human remains near the home where the toddler was last seen.

Police addressed the media Friday morning, less than 24 hours after executing a search warrant at the east Toledo home of Steven King.

New information led them to execute a search warrant at the property Thursday afternoon. During that search, investigators were seen carrying a box out of a detached garage. On Friday, police confirmed the box contained "immature human skeletal remains."

Those remains, believed to be those of baby Elaina, have been turned over to the Lucas County Coroner's Office. "We've found what we believe may be baby Elaina," Toledo Police Chief Derrick Diggs said Friday.

Tests will be conducted through the weekend to confirm the identity of the remains.

READ: Latest updates on #SearchForElaina --- *Complete video from TPD press conference will be available soon.

Police admitted Friday that the garage had been searched a number of times prior to Thursday. "We didn't drop the ball," said Chief Diggs.

Investigators said the location was very tough to search. Cadaver dogs had been brought in prior to Thursday, but were not allowed to go in due to the condition of the property.

Chief Diggs reminded media Friday that the investigation is going and is still very active. "(There are) so many things we cannot discuss at this time."

WNWO will have more on this developing story on-air and online.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
They could search the garage several times but they couldn't bring cadaver dogs with them? That makes no sense.
Commando Cunt Queen
(09-06-2013, 01:00 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: HOT, I can't imagine the baby being at that house all this time. If so, bad police work and a lot of time and $$$$$ wasted. This story is beyond my imagination. So very, very sad. I'll be watching the news conference !

It's very strange that the entire King residences (Julie King's and Steven King's) wouldn't have been searched 100%, no matter how much garbage they contained.

So, either the police dropped the ball or somebody put that box there later.

I don't understand why anyone involved in Elaina's death or in-the-know would put the body there (unless they were trying to set up Steven King, but I think King's knee-deep involved).

Elaina's father made a statement yesterday:
Elaina's Father, T.J. Steinfurth, said the details surrounding Thursday's discovery makes him 'Irate" but did not reveal what police said to him during a meeting this afternoon. "It's hard to be optimistic now," said Steinfurth.
Source: http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story....iprpD9Fa_E

Here's what Angela's stepfather said today about the discovery:
Angela Steinfurth's stepfather, Richard Schiewe, said the box was not in the garage the day after the little girl was reported missing. He said he went into the garage with police when they searched the building. "That body was not in the rafters," he said Friday. "Somebody went and got that body and put it in there."
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06...80482.html

At least little Elaina can be laid to rest once the DNA confirmation is complete. Hopefully, murder charges can then be filed against those responsible.
Found on Taylor Dungjen's Twitter she's Toledo Blade Crime Reporter.

Schiewe is a step grandfather to baby Elaina,

Here's a picture of Richard Schiewe's new tattoo. He had the portrait of Elaina done Wednesday.

[Image: BTfVIavCYAAXa0J.jpg]
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
So, Schiewe got a tribute tattoo and Elaina's dad, TJ Steinfurth, released a tribute rap song to Elaina.

[Image: 1352207642_433460783378480_1773926328_n.jpg]

The song is titled, Everlasting Love. You can listen to it at the link:
http://www.reverbnation.com/quarter

About four hundred people marched from the area where Elaina was staying when she went missing. They marched to and around the Lucas County Courthouse where Elaina's mom and mom's ex-boyfriend are incarcerated (on obstruction charges, for now).

Terry Steinfurth, Sr. said he wanted to rock the jailhouse and send a message that he and others will fight for justice for Elaina. The result of DNA testing to confirm the identity of the remains recovered last week is expected shortly.

Steinfurth, Sr., Elaina's paternal grandfather, said the marchers accomplished their goal. The inmates were reportedly heard to be pounding on their cell walls from outside of the courthouse as the marchers chanted, "justice for Elaina".

Wonder if Angela Steinfurth has decided to "cooperate" now or if she's mum. The walls are closing in on her (good).

story and video here:
http://www.erietvnews.com/story/23374187...s-daughter
I have a problem with the Father promoting his wrap during the search of his possibly dead toddler, but hey, it is Toledo. He sucks too.
Confirmed: remains recovered last week are positively identified as those of Elaina Steinfurth

Police have also confirmed that they had warrants for the house and did several searches, but it's more murky when it comes to the garage.

It was searched, according to some LE sources, but was too dangerous for cadaver dogs and the box was simply missed.

Julie King says there was a lot of trash up in the rafters and nobody saw that box.

On Friday, she said that her son, Steven King, told police where to find the remains.

Steven King is likely looking to get a deal in exchange for information, IMO.

I don't think that box was moved; I think little Elaina's body was up in those rafters since the day she went missing.

Refs:
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story....i9BPT9Fa_F
www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=943499
Now I hope someone will pay for what they did to this baby. So sad. :(
Another disappointing outcome.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(09-07-2013, 04:07 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Found on Taylor Dungjen's Twitter she's Toledo Blade Crime Reporter.

Here's a picture of Richard Schiewe's new tattoo. He had the portrait of Elaina done Wednesday.

That is a God-awful tattoo! I understand the sentiment, but that is beyond poor quality! It doesn't even look like Elaina - it looks like a badly drawn cartoon! Did he just go to the cheapest place he could find?
Snip:

Steven King appeared in Lucas County Common Pleas Court Thursday morning, where his trial was pushed back to Oct. 7 to allow extra time to examine evidence.

The details of what that evidence was not discussed. The court docket shows that Judge Ruth Ann Franks set two hearings for King: a pretrial hearing for Sept. 26 and a new trial date of Oct. 7. The state says it will use this time to wait on tests to be completed.

Prosecutors did not present any additional charges. He currently faces a single charge of obstructing justice in relation to the disappearance of 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth, who's remains were found in a box last week.

Both sides of baby Elaina's family were in court, as well. They say they have suffered long enough.

The family says they are in the beginning stages of making funeral arrangements. However, the coroner says it could be weeks before they're able to say their final goodbyes to baby Elaina.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/23412...ack-to-107
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really curious to hear Steven King's explanation as to how he knew where to find Elaina if he wasn't involved in her death or in concealing her dead body from authorities.

I think King's still claiming that he's innocent of obstruction, for now. Wonder what kind of a deal he's attempting to work; Angela Steinfurth too.

Also very curious as to how his mother, Julie King, fits into the equation.

Hoping to see additional charges filed soon.
(09-10-2013, 08:11 PM)RJs-Ex Wrote:
(09-07-2013, 04:07 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Found on Taylor Dungjen's Twitter she's Toledo Blade Crime Reporter.

That is a God-awful tattoo! I understand the sentiment, but that is beyond poor quality! It doesn't even look like Elaina - it looks like a badly drawn cartoon! Did he just go to the cheapest place he could find?

I was thinking the exact same thing. The tattoo was so bad it took me about five minutes to realize the guy has a trache hole in his throat.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...finds.html
And you guys think I'm just another pretty face !!!! I continue to stay on top of things. I hope those two spend the rest of their lives locked up.