Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder
Still no reports yet of an obstruction arrest, but divers in wetsuits searched a stream near Hernandez's home today. They're looking for "evidence". Assuming that includes the gun that shot Lloyd, but that's only an assumption.

The media is in full force, camped out:
[Image: 7444798.jpg]

There's also a live blog reporting the goings-on:
http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/
Does this house have a swimming pool also? Good grief, these ball players love being all puffed up even the dog must have a matching dog house hah

I wonder what the cleaning crew found at the house?

Why did the one sister vanish?

CN & Duchess right on with you're comments!! Pistorius came to my mind right away.

What a story this is HairOfTheDog thanks! the blog is interesting.

Cannot wait to hear what happened.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
From USA Today

NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH, Mass. — The Patriots' Aaron Hernandez has been taken into custody by police at his home.

Hernandez, wearing red shorts and sneakers, was led out from the home handcuffed, his arms inside a white V-neck white T-shirt and behind his back, and placed in the back seat of a police cruiser.

[Image: 062613HERNANDEZ.jpg?c=d2be515437db45a7178ceddb620c3e14]

Seven officers were present for the arrest, which was confirmed by Massachusetts State Police. Charges will be announced at Hernandez' arraignment in Attleboro District Court later Wednesday.

Police have seen searching around his house for days.

He'll be arraigned later today so we'll find out if the charges are related to "destruction of evidence" and/or anything else.
The Patriots released their first public statement regarding Hernandez's situation.

“A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”

Here's a better shot of Hernandez being taken into custody:
[Image: aaron-hernandez9.jpg?w=400&h=225]

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/
The Patriots kicked Hernandez to the curb. The official statement by the franchise is that they "released" Hernandez.

The Patriots made the announcement via twitter at around 10:30 a.m. eastern time.
(06-26-2013, 11:13 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Patriots kicked Hernandez to the curb.

I suppose Ray Charles could have seen this coming. Coach Belichick isn't exactly known for being tolerant of having a negative light shined upon his team and would consider this a major distraction.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Kraft won the lottery and got out of that contract easy.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
jailbirds love tight ends.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

(06-26-2013, 12:17 PM)Maggot Wrote: Kraft won the lottery and got out of that contract easy.

He gets to keep his 16 million signing bonus, right?
(06-26-2013, 01:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: jailbirds love tight ends.

Smiley_emoticons_razz

Yeah, but Hernandez seems to be a thug, to me. A big strong thug who will likely be idolized in prison, if he ends up there.

Don't see him becoming a wide receiver in the clink, unless he wants to be.
(06-26-2013, 01:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Don't see him becoming a wide receiver in the clink

*snicker*

I'm hoping to view a live feed of his arraignment. I hope he's not charged with murder but I'm thinking now he might be. I say that because I could tell by the way he was dressed upon his arrest that his attorney wasn't given the courtesy of being told this was going down. I think it's too much to hope it will be something like obstruction.

Disregard my question, Maggot. This is what I discovered -

By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA.

Also, I read a rumor, I can't confirm it, that Hernandez will go directly to Bristol County Jail after his arraignment. It's said that this is a no bail situation.

Still waiting for the arraignment to begin, it was supposed to start at 2:00. The courtroom is small & it is packed. I see what I think is the murdered guy's family, there are several of them and they all look very sad & tense, a lot of media & a huge LE presence.

Charged with murder & a plethora of other gun related charges. Wooooo
(06-26-2013, 02:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Charged with murder & a plethora of other gun related charges. Wooooo

Thanks for the update, Duchess.

Hernandez is in a shitload of trouble! Wish we could see the arrest warrant supporting the murder charge.

Hernandez is not allowed to possess a firearm; that's cited in the civil suit filed against him by Alexander Bradley.

Hernandez was also charged with five gun charges. Lloyd was shot five times with a semi-automatic weapon. There were text messages recovered between Hernandez and Lloyd.
Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/

Anxious to hear if Hernandez is also charged with resisting arrest and whether he's allowed to bond out.

Edit: Oops, meant obstruction of justice, not resisting arrest.

They are still in the courtroom. They have a shit ton of information they are laying out before the court.

That booger drives the same kind of car I do.

Holy shit! They have video of him carrying the gun! From his own cameras. ooo la la.

The car was a rental and a shell casing was found under the drivers seat.

It's incredible the amount of information they have.
He's going to prison for a loooooong time.

What a dummy.
(06-26-2013, 03:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Holy shit! They have video of him carrying the gun! From his own cameras. ooo la la.

The car was a rental and a shell casing was found under the drivers seat.

It's incredible the amount of information they have.

It really is amazing how much evidence LE appears to have gathered so quickly.

Hernandez's alleged attempts to destroy evidence don't seem to have slowed LE down much at all.

I understand that Hernandez pleaded "not guilty" to all of the charges.

Will he get to bail/bond out?