Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder
Reluctant Witnesses

[Image: 628x471.jpg]

2. Shayanna Jenkins - fiancee
She's been with Hernandez since high school and lives in the same house with him and their baby.

She was cooperating with police early in the investigation and then clammed up, reportedly.

Under Massachusetts law, there is no spousal privilege for common law marriage - she has no immunity from testifying against Hernandez.

I think LE is afraid that she and Hernandez will try to marry while he's being held. In Massachusetts, she could assert spousal privilege and refuse to testify against Hernandez even if the marriage took place after the alleged crimes.

I don't know if the sheriff could legally stop a jailhouse wedding, but he sure seems to think so.

On Tuesday, Bristol County Sheriff Thomas M. Hodgson told USA Today that he will do everything he can to keep Hernandez from marrying Jenkins while behind bars at the Bristol County jail. While there have been no reports that Hernandez is planning to do so, Hodgson says he won't allow it.

"I don't subscribe to that. I feel that those rights are things that you access on the outside, if you're a good citizen," he told the paper. "We'll do everything we can to not have that happen."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Murder Connection - by HairOfTheDog - 07-06-2013, 10:22 AM