Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder
Looks like a lot of people had purchased Hernandez's jersey. Yesterday, the line to trade them in wrapped around Gillette Stadium and 500 were reportedly exchanged in the first hour alone.

[Image: BOf0TwfCMAIgNmk.jpg]

The most popular trade-up was Vince Wilfork.

Meanwhile...

Reports surfaced last week regarding a police report related to Hernandez punching a bouncer. He broke the bouncer's ear drum when the bouncer hit up Hernandez for not paying for drinks back in 2007 (drinks which, of course, he wasn't old enough to legally buy/consume anyway). This was during college when he was a member of the Florida Gators. Tim Tebow was out with Hernandez that night and attempted to diffuse the situation, reportedly.

Anyway, his then-coach Urban Meyer spoke up for the first time yesterday. He's been catching a lot of heat for being an enabler and not exerting enough discipline with his young players.

Meyer had this to say in response to his critics:

"Prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim," Meyer texted. "Relating or blaming these serious charges to the University of Florida, myself or our staff is wrong and irresponsible."

"I just received an email from a friend where there is an accusation of multiple failed drug tests by Hernandez covered up by University of Florida or the coaching staff. This is absolutely not true," Meyer texted. "Hernandez was held to the same drug testing policy as every other player."

"He was an athlete at Florida 4 -7 yrs ago and there are some comments being made that are not correct. Our staff, myself and our families worked very hard to mentor and guide him."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Murder Connection - by HairOfTheDog - 07-07-2013, 12:25 PM