Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder
Also today, Coach Belichick made his first public statements regarding Hernandez's arrest...

[Image: belichickhernandez_244x183.jpg]

Belichick says the Patriots will learn from "this terrible experience," and that it's time for New England to "move forward." Belichick called the day of Hernandez's arrest a "sad day on so many levels."

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim and I extend my sympathy really to everyone who's been impacted," Belichick continued. "A young man lost his life and his family has suffered a tragic loss and there's no way to understate that."

"We'll continue to evaluate the way that we do things, the way that we evaluate our players and we'll do it on a regular basis," Belichick said. "I'm not perfect on that, but I always do what I think is best for the football team."

The coach was asked if the Patriots will re-evaluate their draft strategy, and focus more on off-the-field issues when scouting college players.

"The draft is some time away," he said. "We have a process in place. Can it be improved? Can it be modified? It certainly can, and we'll look at that."

Team owner Robert Kraft has said he was "duped" by Hernandez. Quarterback Tom Brady and the team's other five captains are scheduled to speak with reporters on Thursday when training camp opens. The first practice is set for Friday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...hick-says/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Murder Connection - by HairOfTheDog - 07-24-2013, 04:06 PM