Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder
(01-05-2015, 12:48 PM)Duchess Wrote: I don't understand why his last communication would be considered irrelevant. Personally, I think it's pretty fricken big and speaks to who he was with at the time.

I think Judge Garsh may be very liberal in her rulings across cases.

Were I the judge, I'd have let the text in and let the jury decide its value. While I agree with Garsh that the text content does not conclusively demonstrate that Lloyd was in fear for his life, I don't think the text content is unfairly prejudicial at all. The defense could have argued that Lloyd was simply bragging, or that Lloyd knew other "NFL" players; "NFL" was certainly not limited to Aaron Hernandez.

[Image: ann_lloyd_sister_130628_1280x720.jpg]
Anyway, Odin Lloy'd sister, ^ Olivia Thibough, told investigators as soon as Lloyd was found dead that her brother was out with Hernandez when she got that last text from him. Almost certainly, Thibough will be a prosecution witness and will testify to why she believed so. Hopefully her testimony will be compelling enough to establish that Hernandez was with Lloyd the night Lloyd was executed at that industrial park. Her testimony, in conjunction with the established electronic/surveillance cam timeline, is pretty incriminating.

June 16
9:02 p.m.: Hernandez texts a friend out of state, saying "please make it back."
9:05: Hernandez texts Lloyd that he wants to get together.
9:35: Hernandez texts a friend in Connecticut that says "get your ass up here."
10:23: Hernandez texts the same friend, "Hurry your ass up."

June 17
1:12 a.m.: The three men depart Hernandez's home in a silver Nissan Altima, according to surveillance video, cell phone towers and cell phone records. Cell towers track their movement south on Interstate 95. At some point, they turn around, then head north before stopping at a gas station on Route 128.
2:10: Hernandez buys gas, a pack of Bubblicious gum and rolling papers.
2:32: The silver Altima arrives at Lloyd's house. Hernandez sends a text message: "We're here."
3:07: Lloyd texts his sister, "Did you see who I was with?"
3:11: Lloyd texts his sister again, "Hello."
3:19: Lloyd's sister responds, "My phone was dead. Who?"
3:22: Lloyd responds, "NFL."
3:23: Lloyd: "Just so you know."
By this point, the four men inside the silver Altima have gotten off I-95 on Route 152, near Hernandez's home, Prosecutor McCauley says records show.
3:23 a.m.: McCauley says surveillance video shows the Altima at a fork in the road. McCauley indicates that one way leads to Hernandez's home, the other down a gravel road where Lloyd's body would later be found. Video shows Hernandez's car going down the gravel road behind a group of industrial buildings.
3:23-3:27: People working the overnight in the industrial park hear gunshots.
3:27: Silver Altima is viewed coming out of gravel road.
3:29: Video at Hernandez's home shows the silver Altima pulling into his driveway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder - by HairOfTheDog - 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM