Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder
(01-29-2015, 12:02 PM)Duchess Wrote: I can't recall where I heard this, it must have been on CNN last night as I was falling asleep - it was said that they were trying to work out a deal for Aaron's girlfriend for immunity. They think she got rid of the gun and they want that info.

The trial was on hold for a couple of days due to weather. They're back now and the judge did in fact grant Shayanna Jenkins immunity yesterday.

[Image: shayanna-jenkins_2.jpg?itok=Ba9opMeF]
Shayanna is often seen with Herandez's mother ^. She sits on the defense side of the court room. She's the mother of Hernandez's child. And, it sure does look a lot like she got rid of the murder weapon for Hernandez. I think prosecutors are gonna really have to put the screws to her to get her to incriminate Hernandez, even with immunity.

It's not clear what the sealed immunity agreement entails, but legal experts believe it might be a move to compel Jenkins to testify at Hernandez's trial, or else face jail.

“She now has one of two choices, testify or go to jail for contempt," Martin G. Weinberg, a prominent Boston defense lawyer, told the Globe.

Under immunity, Jenkins can neither be prosecuted for anything she describes should she be called to testify, nor can her testimony be used against her.

Jenkins initially pleaded the fifth when she was called before a grand jury that convened around the case in 2013. Prosecutors later accused the young mother of lying to the grand jury 29 times, for which she was charged with perjury. She has pleaded not guilty to that charge.

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11..._ref=crime

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder - by HairOfTheDog - 02-11-2015, 02:09 PM