Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder

Last night I was listening to someone in the media who has been present in court and she talked about the noticeable difference in Aaron's demeanor when the jury was present & when they weren't. She referred to his swagger & congenial manner, she talked about him laughing and making eye contact and gesturing to his family, etc. and then she spoke about the difference in him when the jury was present, he was calm and quiet, sat up straight, whispered with his attorneys and acted involved in the proceedings. She painted a dramatic difference.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
5 Days, No Verdict

Sometimes I'm undecided on cases we cover, or I'm decided but understand how the jury could be split based on the evidence.

In this case, there is no doubt in my mind that Aaron Hernandez is responsible for the murder of Odin Lloyd. I think the circumstantial and physical evidence against him is overwhelming.

So, I'm hoping that what's holding the jury up is deciding between first and second degree murder, as opposed to disagreements about guilt or innocence.

Anyway, here's what happens after a verdict is reached:
--If convicted of first-degree murder, Judge Garsh must sentence Hernandez to the mandatory life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

--If convicted of second-degree murder, Judge Garsh must impose a life sentence that would give Hernandez eligibility for parole after 15 years.

-- If acquitted in the murder of Odin Lloyd, I don't think Hernandez would be released from prison because he's being held on the double drive-by murder charges and faces trial in Suffolk Country after the Lloyd murder trial.

If convicted of two charges relating to guns and ammunition, Judge Garsh could sentence Hernadez to a maximum of seven years (which could be concurrent sentencing if he's convicted of first or second degree murder).
I will go with 1st degree on this one.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-14-2015, 11:59 AM)Maggot Wrote: I will go with 1st degree on this one.

I hope you're right, Mags.

Jurors in the Hernandez case have been deliberating for nearly 35 hours over the course of 6 days in court. It's taking longer than I expected for them to reach a verdict.

I'm starting to worry a little that at least one of them wants to acquit Hernandez. The jury hasn't sent any notes to Judge Garsh; no inquiries related to lesser charges or anything like that.

If this peer jury hangs or acquits Hernandez, I might just jump fully on-board the "professional jury" or "trial by judge" bandwagons.

Hopefully the jury is just being very thorough in weighing all of the evidence presented.
Smiley_emoticons_hurra3
I'm happy that he was found GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER too, Mags.

The penalty is life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

Since he ain't going anywhere, I hope Hernandez pleads guilty to the 2012 double drive-by murders and saves the taxpayer some money (assuming he killed the two men). That trial is currently scheduled for later this year.
(04-15-2015, 10:36 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Since he ain't going anywhere, I hope Hernandez pleads guilty to the 2012 double drive-by murders and saves the taxpayer some money (assuming he killed the two men). That trial is currently scheduled for later this year.

I don't think so, it gives him the opportunity to get out of his cell to play in a courtroom.
What a piece of garbage. So glad he's going away forever.
Jerry Jones will have him in a Cowboys uniform before you know it.

Here's some video of the verdict & I'm also posting one of the victim's impact statements. That mutha wouldn't even stand to listen to them and his legal team surrounded him. You can see you yourself.

Didn't the guards push him down in the seat when they were reading the verdict and cuff him so he wouldn't jump?
Anderson is going to interview the jurors tonight at 8:00 EST.
(04-16-2015, 08:29 AM)Maggot Wrote: Didn't the guards push him down in the seat when they were reading the verdict and cuff him so he wouldn't jump?

I saw him sitting down but I didn't see him pushed down and cuffed.

This comes from the Daily Mail so take it for what it's worth. I find it hard to believe she developed any kind of bond with the mother of her son's murder victim. She raised that monster, he was a product of his upbringing and had issues as a teenager. Fuckin' aye. I hold her a bit responsible as well. You reap what you sow and she raised a POS.

The mother of convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez has revealed the unlikely bond she developed over the course of her son's trial.

Terri Hernandez says she grew close to Ursula Lloyd, the mother of Odin Lloyd over the trial, even thinking about her when the jury came back with their first degree murder conviction.

'I smiled at her after the verdict and just nodded my head,' she said.

Aaron has been moved to the prison he will die in.

He can buy this TV for $200. It's clear so that the CO's can tell if it's been tampered with. I bet he has a big, ol' flat screen at home. 34

[Image: 27EA5D5E00000578-3052282-image-a-46_1429822776598.jpg]
(04-23-2015, 05:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Aaron has been moved to the prison he will die in.

He can buy this TV for $200. It's clear so that the CO's can tell if it's been tampered with. I bet he has a big, ol' flat screen at home. 34

[Image: 27EA5D5E00000578-3052282-image-a-46_1429822776598.jpg]
I'd love to see him paired up with some BP or MS13 vatos. They can have a nice long heart to heart about his gang affiliations. hah
Hernandez's attorneys are motioning to have the 2012 drive-by double murder charges dropped. They say prosecutors don't have enough evidence linking Hernandez to the crime.

[Image: danielabreuimage_thumb.jpg]
^ Daniel Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28, were killed when someone fired at the BMW they were in during the early morning hours of July 16, 2012, shortly having a dispute with Aaron Hernandez at a club.

I have no problem believing that Hernandez blew the two men away for "disrespecting" him. If so, I hope the prosecution's evidence is solid. I know they've got what they believe is the vehicle (it belongs to Hernandez and was stashed away at his uncle's place in CT). Hopefully they have witnesses and other evidence too.

If he did it, I wish Hernandez would just own it and plead guilty. He's already doing life without parole and there's no death penalty in Massachusetts. There's no way to increase his sentence, in reality.

He could save the court and the tax-payers a lot of money, plus save the victims' families from a painful trial. But, doing the right thing doesn't seem to be in AH's nature so I'll be surprised if it doesn't go to trial (scheduled for early 2016).

Story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aaron-hernan...nt-tossed/
Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was moved to a segregated unit at Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Massachusetts this week after a knife was found in his cell.

link
Hernandez has hired a new set of attorneys for his upcoming double murder trial.

[Image: 120613022710-jose-baez-story-top.jpg]

Leading the team; ^ Jose Baez. Yep, Baez got Casey Anthony off, so maybe he'll be able to get Aaron Hernandez acquitted too?

I hope not, for the victims' families' sakes. But, even if he does, Hernandez won't be going anywhere. He's already serving a life sentence for killing Odin Lloyd.

Ref: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aaron-hernan...jose-baez/

Not saying he doesn't deserve to pay for his crimes but it just seems like such a waste of time & money when he's already put away for the rest of his life. Although I guess if he's found guilty he could probably be sued. Could that be a reason he's going to trial again?