Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder
Hernandez's attorneys are motioning to have the 2012 drive-by double murder charges dropped. They say prosecutors don't have enough evidence linking Hernandez to the crime.

[Image: danielabreuimage_thumb.jpg]
^ Daniel Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28, were killed when someone fired at the BMW they were in during the early morning hours of July 16, 2012, shortly having a dispute with Aaron Hernandez at a club.

I have no problem believing that Hernandez blew the two men away for "disrespecting" him. If so, I hope the prosecution's evidence is solid. I know they've got what they believe is the vehicle (it belongs to Hernandez and was stashed away at his uncle's place in CT). Hopefully they have witnesses and other evidence too.

If he did it, I wish Hernandez would just own it and plead guilty. He's already doing life without parole and there's no death penalty in Massachusetts. There's no way to increase his sentence, in reality.

He could save the court and the tax-payers a lot of money, plus save the victims' families from a painful trial. But, doing the right thing doesn't seem to be in AH's nature so I'll be surprised if it doesn't go to trial (scheduled for early 2016).

Story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aaron-hernan...nt-tossed/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder - by HairOfTheDog - 08-10-2015, 07:29 PM