Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aaron Hernandez of NE Patriots - Charged with Murder
(06-10-2016, 02:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Not saying he doesn't deserve to pay for his crimes but it just seems like such a waste of time & money when he's already put away for the rest of his life. Although I guess if he's found guilty he could probably be sued. Could that be a reason he's going to trial again?

There's no way the courts would drop charges for two murders, even though Hernandez is already doing a life sentence. He pleaded 'not guilty', so he's entitled to a fair trial.

One of the reasons he didn't plead guilty could be because of the civil suits filed against him. When the families of de Abreu and Furtado filed the wrongful death suits against Hernandez, the judge froze his $5 million in assets pending the outcome of the trial. The freeze includes a disputed $3.3 million signing bonus payment Hernandez says he is owed by the New England Patriots. http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/08/us/jose-ba...hernandez/
Drive-by Double Murder Trial Underway

[Image: 3E77C86100000578-0-image-a-20_1490046515532.jpg]

--Alexander Bradley testified about the double murder of July 16, 2012.
--Safiro Furtado and Daniel de Abreu were killed; their relatives sobbed in court.
--Ex-NFL star used racial epithet and said, 'What's up now?' before firing into a car.
--Accused of killing the men after one accidentally bumped Hernandez and spilled his drink in a club earlier in the evening.
--Months later Hernandez allegedly shot Bradley worried he would go to police; Bradley lost his right eye and Hernandez is also charged with witness intimidation.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-club.html
Aaron Hernandez hung himself in his jail cell the day before his mothers birthday. He left three suicide notes: to his daughter fiancé and inmate friend who is his alleged boyfriend.
During his autopsy he tested positive for synthetic marijuana.

I was completely shocked by this. I followed his trial on YouTube and live on local tv cause I live in the Boston area just one town over from Gillette stadium. I think he did this spur of the moment and was high and impulsively killed himself just like he impulsively killed Odin or the other two guys. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Sure...........He was an idiot and Karma has claimed another victim. I have moved on, as should everyone else. I can only say that he was brave in the end and realized he was not meant to be on this Earth anymore.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Thanks for posting that update d505. We'd discussed the suicide a little right after it happened, but Maggot got wasted last week and wiped out like 3 weeks of posts across the board.

I did wonder if Hernandez was high when he killed himself. According to some news reports, the suicide notes indicate that he was planning to kill himself for a few weeks. I don't know if that's true or not, but suspect we'll hear more about the contents of the notes now that the judge has ordered them released to the people they were addressed to.

In any case, Hernandez didn't seem like the type to kill himself, to me. I was surprised he took his own life.
They are reporting K2 aka Spice aka synthetic marijuana in his system. That stuff is no joke and they sell it in liquor stores!
(04-26-2017, 11:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thanks for posting that update d505. We'd discussed the suicide a little right after it happened, but Maggot got wasted last week and wiped out like 3 weeks of posts across the board.

I did wonder if Hernandez was high when he killed himself. According to some news reports, the suicide notes indicate that he was planning to kill himself for a few weeks. I don't know if that's true or not, but suspect we'll hear more about the contents of the notes now that the judge has ordered them released to the people they were addressed to.

In any case, Hernandez didn't seem like the type to kill himself, to me. I was surprised he took his own life.

So that's what happened to my BP&J! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(04-26-2017, 11:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ...

I was surprised by it too, especially after being acquitted for that double murder.
But then the whole Massachusetts "abatement ab initio" comes out. Which, by the way, I think is weird (now I'm wondering how many states have this) ...it's now, legally speaking, as if Lloyd just vanished into thin air.

But then, a lot of dumb-dumbs on Facebook started trying to portray him as some kind of hero or something, posting this...
[Image: aaron-hernandez-committed-suicide-massac...illion.jpg]

She ain't gettin that $15 mil. The Patriots severed his contract at the time of his arrest....totally independent of the conviction. He already fucked that up, the NFL isn't gonna just change their mind because they feel bad for his family.

Also I'm not entirely sure where they got the $15 mil figure.
His (previously) guaranteed money is listed at just over $6 million.
(figures gathered from Boston Globe article quoted/linked to below)

And of his nearly $40 million, 5 year contract, he's said to have collected $10m. He signed the contract in August 2012, less than a year before he was arrested. (This was just his most recent contract, he played 3 seasons total before his arrest, so 2 of those years were under a different contract)

So I'm not sure if whoever threw that image together was just pulling that figure out of their ass or if I'm not understanding something..

Anyways, even without that "$15 mil", his daughter shouldn't be hurtin for cash anytime soon. Unless mommy is super irresponsible with it. My guess is that his daughter & fiance are most likely the benefactors of his pension, upon his death.

From the Boston Globe:
When Hernandez was arrested for Lloyd’s murder in June 2013, the Patriots released him and refused to pay the remaining guaranteed money — a $3.25 million deferred signing bonus payment, and base salaries of $1.323 million and $1.137 million. They also declined to pay a $82,000 workout bonus that he had earned in June 2013.

Hernandez lost his grievance, and his contract would likely prevent him from collecting any of the money now, despite the lack of a conviction on his record.

However, Hernandez will be able to draw an NFL pension. Article 53.6 of the CBA states that for players who began their careers before 2012, only three credited seasons are necessary to be vested in the league’s retirement plan (now it’s five years). Hernandez played three seasons before his arrest, so he will be eligible for the minimum pension payments. It is unclear whom Hernandez named as his beneficiary in case of death.

It's a shame he was such a piece of shit. Objectively speaking, he was a handsome mother fucker. Obviously a talented athlete. Had a lot going for him AND HE CHOSE TO GO THE OTHER WAY. Could have been retired in his 30's, been able to spend a lot more time with his family than many fathers can. And on top of that....would have been able to live comfortably during that time!

It's mind blowing to me (he was only a few months older me) that you could have ALL THAT, but you'd rather be a fucking hard ass...so you fuck it all up.

Isn't that synthetic dope the same thing that made a man get naked and chew another man's face off...or something like that?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-27-2017, 02:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Isn't that synthetic dope the same thing that made a man get naked and chew another man's face off...or something like that?

You might be thinking of bath salts. But I know there have been reports of people flipping and attacking people after smoking fake weed. I'm pretty sure one guy ended up, like.....eating a dog
(04-27-2017, 03:08 PM)koko Wrote: You might be thinking of bath salts.

You're absolutely right! Reading your response refreshed my memory.

Wow. Just wow. A judge threw out Aaron's murder conviction.

Former New England Patriots star Aaron J. Hernandez is no longer a convicted murderer.

Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh, citing legal precedent, vacated Hernandez’s first-degree murder conviction for the 2013 shooting of Odin L. Lloyd because his trial was not reviewed by the Supreme Judicial Court before his apparent suicide last month.

Story
hah..........................now watch his family try to sue. He was a scumbag, let it go at that. BLM and the NAACP will be on it to get reparations for colored people. Maybe Al Sharpton could get a little action out of this, maybe in 10 yrs a statue could be erected............
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

That is some crazy shit. I saw it talked about a week or so ago but I didn't pay much attention, I thought it was ludicrous and it would never see the light of day. Boy was I wrong.
I heard the act is something that can occur in cases where the defendant dies before appeals process is complete. It is primarily to allow the family of the deceased to claim any benefits owed. I don't necessarily have a problem with that. They didn't kill anyone. And the prick did all of them a favor hanging himself.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.