Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Maggot Offline
Supermod

RE: Presidential race 2016

Yes the payscale for women is horrendous and should be fixed from the top down take the Obama administration for example.......

Equity: The president touts equal pay for equal work but hasn't practiced what he preaches with the women he has employed — including a well-known staffer who complained of a hostile work environment.

It remains a mystery as to why equal pay for women was one of the questions elected by unofficial Team Obama debate coach Candy Crowley of CNN during the second presidential debate.

But it let President Obama launch into breathtaking hypocrisy regarding the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

Lilly Ledbetter, which in Crowley's view ranked right up there with BenghaziGate as a pivotal issue, woke up one morning complaining that her male counterparts were getting paid more money for the same work and decided to sue for redress of this perceived grievance.

After she was told she had missed the statutory deadline, her case made it to the Supreme Court, which said too bad, but you missed the deadline

linc

You are more than welcome to find another news source.

01-31-2015 10:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

(01-30-2015 03:27 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  My favorite is the one with the most electoral votes. My prediction is that regardless of who wins, the outcome or direct effect on me in my daily life will be utterly the same.

Same here, that's why I don't waste my time voting. I'm not going to waste my time deciding who's less of a dick head when in the long run it doesn't make a difference anyway. Not to me anyway. As far as my life is concerned Obama is no better or worse than Bush.

I think I would go vote for Hilary, however. I wouldn't go out and vote for any kooky bitch just because she's a woman, but I actually like her. The fact she's a woman is just added bonus.

01-31-2015 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

I'm still wondering why everyone is freaking out about ObamaCare. My insurance is the same as always and my husband had an extra 90 bucks on his annual taxes for not having it. Big deal. At least he can rest assured that he can still get ins. if he ever gets cancer or something.

The only people it affects is employers with 50 or more employees. If you have 50 employees then congrats you rich fuck.

01-31-2015 11:06 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

[Image: n-SCOTT-WALKER-large570.jpg]

Republican Scott Walker, Governor of Wisconsin, appears to be positioning himself as a potential 2016 Presidential candidate.

Organized labor is not a fan of most Republicans, but especially not Walker.

Walker wants to be able to drug test welfare/food stamp applicants and unemployment applicants and deny benefits to those applicants who fail. The US Department of Labor currently blocks such testing.

02-04-2015 03:20 PM

crash Offline
Mock Elder

(02-04-2015 03:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Walker wants to be able to drug test welfare/food stamp applicants and unemployment applicants and deny benefits to those applicants who fail. The US Department of Labor currently blocks such testing.

This idea was tossed around over here just before the last federal election. Along with the idea that welfare recipients would have to use mandatory birth control. If you wanted to have a kid, you got off your ass and worked to pay for it rather than put another dependant on the government tit.

I don't know, in some ways I feel it's a great idea to try and curb welfare dependence and the rorting of the welfare system. In other ways, I feel it would be a logistical nightmare testing and monitoring and may end up costing more than just paying the fuckers. As well as a whole Pandora's box of civil rights issues.

I think there has to be a breaking point somewhere down the line though. In this country, we can't keep selling off government assets and leaning down the health and education sectors to prop up government handouts.

02-04-2015 07:21 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(02-04-2015 07:21 PM)crash Wrote:  I don't know, in some ways I feel it's a great idea to try and curb welfare dependence and the rorting of the welfare system. In other ways, I feel it would be a logistical nightmare testing and monitoring and may end up costing more than just paying the fuckers. As well as a whole Pandora's box of civil rights issues.

I don't support governmental drug testing in this context for the same reasons you listed.

It's a tricky social issue. It seems Australia, the US, the European Union...all face similar challenges finding the right balance between providing governmental assistance for those who really need it and creating/carrying a subculture that considers governmental assistance/dole a lifestyle.

I don't have the answer, but don't think it's governmental drug screening. Plus, with prescription drug abuse being so prevalent in developed countries, I could see an attempt to disqualify citizens from entitlements and hand-outs based on drug test results being a logistical and political shitstorm.

It'll be interesting to see what strategies 2016 presidential candidates throw out to curb the problem here. Half of US households receive some form of governmental assistance, though the unemployment rate is only 5.5% now. But, half of those households are retired seniors. I, personally, have a hard time supporting cuts to seniors in the short term.

02-05-2015 11:01 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(01-31-2015 07:58 PM)username Wrote:  They're ALL fucked up but the most fucked up part of it all is campaign spending, PACS and Super PACs. It's a completely corrupt system.

I think you're right. Texas Senator Ted Cruz, on the other hand, thinks our position is unconstitutional. Today he went public calling for unlimited campaign contributions at a rally in New Hampshire.

Cruz is basically arguing that since money talks, money is free speech when it comes to campaign finance. (HOTD translation: the right to buy your way into office and keep out non-wealthy political hopefuls in America is an inalienable one, according to Cruz.)

[Image: ted-cruz.jpg?cdn=no]

Cruz -- Republican, a tea-party favorite, is expected to throw his hat into the ring in coming weeks.

In the meantime, sexy Mr. Cruz has been courting party activists and donors to help him counter deep-pocketed rivals such as former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

03-16-2015 01:52 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Stupid fucker.

Not to compare politics to the NFL but there is a reason there is a salary cap and if anything needs one it is politics for sure.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
03-16-2015 01:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

There's a reason for budget caps also. But..........

03-16-2015 02:37 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

If we want to run a successful home we better damn sure manage our finances in a way that ensures that. Why is that too much to ask of Washington?

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
03-16-2015 02:44 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

(03-16-2015 01:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(01-31-2015 07:58 PM)username Wrote:  They're ALL fucked up but the most fucked up part of it all is campaign spending, PACS and Super PACs. It's a completely corrupt system.

I think you're right. Texas Senator Ted Cruz, on the other hand, thinks our position is unconstitutional. Today he went public calling for unlimited campaign contributions at a rally in New Hampshire.

Cruz is basically arguing that since money talks, money is free speech when it comes to campaign finance. (HOTD translation: the right to buy your way into office and keep out non-wealthy political hopefuls in America is an inalienable one, according to Cruz.)

Republican, a tea-party favorite, is expected to throw his hat into the ring in coming weeks.

In the meantime, sexy Mr. Cruz has been courting party activists and donors to help him counter deep-pocketed rivals such as former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

That fries my chops. That's how campaigns are largely won these days (at least often). Imagine how leveled the playing field would be if there were a cap on financing and spending in a campaign. Mr. Joe Shmoo running out of bum fuck nowhere wouldn't have to watch another candidate spend gazillions of special interest dollars on commercials and such and completely overrun him by virtue of commercial airtime.

And, we'd take the special interest groups out of the equation. It wouldn't be necessary to cater to unions or the religious right or big oil...they'd all be capped!!

It sickens me the amount of money that goes in to campaigns. I guess in some ways, it floods certain sectors of the economy with some money but I think the corruption far outweighs any economic benefits. Far outweighs.

Commando Cunt Queen
03-16-2015 03:04 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-16-2015 01:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:  Stupid fucker.

God's gonna get you for that! 39

I laughed when I saw that Cruz was announcing his presidential candidacy at............Liberty University, founded by Moral Majority leader Jerry Falwell.

I think Cruz wants unlimited campaign donations and was the first to officially throw his hat into the ring because he's expecting to rake in bucket loads of financial backing and lock some supporters in.

Cruz is off his effin' rocker. He hasn't a chance in hell of planting his self-righteous ass in the Oval Office, in my opinion.

03-23-2015 02:11 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Cruzin'...

[Image: 26ED0BC400000578-3007209-image-a-19_1427128479387.jpg]

Claiming the mantle of the Christian right – and doing it early – is part of a strategy to box out Cruz's Bible Belt rivals like former Baptist preacher Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum, another candidate who leans on his faith to gather support from voters and donors.

‘From the dawn of this country, at every stage America has enjoyed God's providential blessing,' Cruz said. 'Over and over again when we faced impossible odds, the American people rose to the challenge.' ‘God's blessing has been on America from the very beginning of this nation,' Cruz added, 'and I believe God isn't done with America yet.'

Cruz's positions:
-opposes abortion
-believes marriage is between a man and woman only, but that states should decide the definition of "marriage". He is co-sponsor of the State Marriage Defense Act which would allow states that oppose gay marriage to not recognize gay couples who were married in other states,
-wants to end Common Core educational standards supported by federal funding,
-wants to see the Affordable Health Care Act (ObamaCare) repealed,
-opposes amnesty for illegal immigrants,
-opposes additional gun control measures; cozies up to NRA,
-opposes negotiations with Iran for nuclear determent; supports more sanctions,
-believes the US should stand side-by-side with Israel, no matter what...

Ref: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/ted-...10-issues/

Stand for Principle is a super PAC formed by Cruz confidantes in November. The PAC solidified its support for him on Monday following his speech held at Liberty University in front of a mandatory student 'convocation', guaranteeing him an audience of thousands. Convocation is held three times each week.

The leader of the PAC (Maria Strollo Zack) backed Newt Gingrich in the last election. Cruz is looking to raise $40 million to help him compete in the primary campaign. According to Ms. Zack, Cruz has has strong support from 'fiscal conservatives, war hawks, evangelicals, liberty leaning voters, tea party and folks tired of business-as-usual voters,', describing those voters as 'six of the seven' main GOP constituencies.

Camera shots from inside the arena showed clusters of empty seats. And some students wore 'Stand With Rand' t-shirts, expressing their support for Cruz rival Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican senator who his expected to announce his candidacy formally on April 7th.

I'd stand by Rand before I'd schmooze with Cruz, personally. I strongly dislike most everything Mr. Cruz slings and stands for.

03-23-2015 03:28 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(03-23-2015 02:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(03-16-2015 01:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:  Stupid fucker.

God's gonna get you for that! 39

I laughed when I saw that Cruz was announcing his presidential candidacy at............Liberty University, founded by Moral Majority leader Gerry Falwell.

I think Cruz wants unlimited campaign donations and was the first to officially throw his hat into the ring because he's expecting to rake in bucket loads of financial backing and lock some supporters in.

Cruz is off his effin' rocker. He hasn't a chance in hell of planting his self-righteous ass in the Oval Office, in my opinion.
Unfotunately there is a lot of old money in the religious right.

03-23-2015 03:49 PM