Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Probably thinking something like this...

[Image: biden_somethingstupid.jpg]

Joe can't NOT say something stupid, he's sorta known for his foot in the mouth moments but for the most part his home state loves him. He should probably call it a day and return to Delaware.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm seeing where Rand is taking some heat for being a dick to reporters when they press him on things. Like cutting off interviews early, turning his back to annoying questions and getting prickly when trapped. In this era of troll journalism, shouldn't take long for people to start fish-hooking him on purpose.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

I watched him with Savannah the other morning. He's such a dick. He was ducking & bobbin' and every time she tried to move on he'd talk over her saying "let me finish, let me finish". He wasn't answering the fricken question so she wanted to move on to the next one. It was all bullshit.
Lets see if Hellery gets treated the same way.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm afraid to admit it, but I really do believe Hillary will get the nod, and . . . .
hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

She'll probably win.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(04-07-2015, 06:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-07-2015, 06:36 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I think the time has come for Americans to quit settling with the lesser of two evils. We need more than what the two party system has to offer.

I think everyone in here feels that way.

Mention Super Pacs to User and see what happens. 113

[Image: giphy.gif]

Money is absoLOOTely the root of all evil in politics. Nothing, NOTHING will ever change until money (and special interest groups, lobbyists etc.) are taken out of the equation.
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-11-2015, 09:01 AM)Donovan Wrote: I'm seeing where Rand is taking some heat for being a dick to reporters when they press him on things. Like cutting off interviews early, turning his back to annoying questions and getting prickly when trapped. In this era of troll journalism, shouldn't take long for people to start fish-hooking him on purpose.

He was accused of being particularly abrupt with female journalists. I liked his response (to paraphrase)..."nah, I'm pretty much an equal opportunity dick with the press".
Commando Cunt Queen
So, Hillary officially joined the race yesterday.

And today, Marco Rubio announced his running.

Right now, I'd bet on the next US President being either Clinton or Rubio, but there's still a long way to go.

[Image: marco_rubio_2016.jpg]
^ Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)

"I think this country's at a generational moment where it needs to decide not what party it wants in charge but what kind of country are we going to want to be moving forward?" Rubio told ABC's George Stephanopoulos in an interview on Monday.

"I think the 21st century can be the American century, and I believe that I can lead this country in that direction. I can help lead it there from the Senate. I can lead it there as president.”

I'm only familiar with his name. I'll have to read about him.
I had an orgasm with Rubio announcing his candidacy in the background so I've developed a certain amount of fondness for the guy.

Still... Marco Rubio. I voted for Hillary when she ran against Barack in part because he (Barack) seemed like a young upstart (compared to her) and I didn't think, at the time, that he had the level of experience and was perhaps too much of an idealist to run the country. Fast forward to Rubio. My knee jerk reaction against him is the same. He strikes me as a waffling idealist, nOObie who would be cutting his teeth as President (at the expense of the country). I don't necessarily need/want an old, white male or female as POTUS but c'mon...Given the current gridlock, it's got to be somebody that has demonstrated some ability/experience in DC politics. Were he running I'd probably vote for McCain over him (absent Palin).

McCain-Feingold campaign reform act. 109
Commando Cunt Queen

I was on my last real vacation when I heard McCain had chosen her as a running mate and I can remember saying, who the fuck is that. I've at least heard of Rubio.
I like Rand Pauls answer to the question if he supported abortion. He said ask Debbie Wassermann or any Democrat if they support it and make sure to ask about late term abortions. I wonder how Hillary will answer that one if it's even asked.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-13-2015, 07:00 PM)username Wrote: Still... Marco Rubio. I voted for Hillary when she ran against Barack in part because he (Barack) seemed like a young upstart (compared to her) and I didn't think, at the time, that he had the level of experience and was perhaps too much of an idealist to run the country. Fast forward to Rubio. My knee jerk reaction against him is the same. He strikes me as a waffling idealist, nOObie who would be cutting his teeth as President (at the expense of the country).

Rubio's definitely young (43), but he's got a few years of Senate experience and has shown that he won't just follow conventional wisdom if he thinks there's a better way and he's got support.

But, I hear ya. I like idealism in leaders, so long as they've got realistic and consistent goals (and advisers).

I don't mind leaders changing course if that's the right thing to do; it's better than continuing down the wrong path rather than admitting a past error in judgment. But, I wouldn't want a wanton waffler in charge either. On the other hand, I definitely don't want someone with the mindset of "that's the way it is/was, that's the way it always should be, and I'll fight to maintain the status quo!", which is how I perceive many Republican representatives. I'd take Rubio over McCain any old day (but I liked McCain's commitment to campaign refinance laws as well).

Just like some people claim that Hillary will get the majority of the female vote because she's female, some people contend that Rubio will get the Hispanic vote because he's Hispanic (he might have to arm wrestle Cruz for it though).

Personally, I don't think most Republican females would vote for Hillary even if they were staunch feminists. And, I don't think many Hispanic Democrats would switch parties just to vote for a Hispanic candidate either. So, even if gender and ethnicity help them within their own parties, I don't know to what extent they'd be an advantage or disadvantage on election day.
NJ Governor Chris Christie has decided to pursue the Republican nomination.

[Image: chris_christie_150893439_fullwidth_620x350.jpg]

I liked him a lot several years ago because of his pi-partisanship, but I'm not as sweet on Christie these days.

I worry about his ability to effectively manage staff and crises -- I think Bridgegate really hurt him.

Still, I'd take Christie over most of the other Republican candidates.

Christie's in New Hampshire today and is calling for a raise in age for Social Security and a cut to some senior benefits via overhauls to Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare.
I don't think staunch anyone would vote based on race, gender or ethnicity (I can't picture FQ voting for Hillary) but I think moderates and independents can be swayed by those factors. Rubio has pissed off quite a few Hispanics with his immigration back pedaling though; I don't know if he can appease them while still garnering his party's support. He's kind of screwed in that regard.
Commando Cunt Queen
Hillary is bugging me now with her focus on the 1% out of the gate. Then again, I just had to send the IRS $20k with my extension request so I'm not exactly feeling very fucking generous right now. 52
Commando Cunt Queen
What the hell? I typed that, went in to a gas station and 2 people approach me for "spare change". Hrumph.
Commando Cunt Queen
He announced today? That's a surprise!

Not sure he really has a chance. He probably would have been better off in 2012 perhaps. Now he's battered by some scandal, NJ isn't in such great shape, and there was that awkward Cowboy fanboyism.

Taking on entitlement reform however can get voter attention, both good and bad. Unfortunately in a general election that always gets spun by the opposing party... "they want to cut your social security, they want you to eat dog food, they want you to DIE!"