Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
For some time now I have ben saying the dem presidential ticket for 2016 would be Hillary Clinton & Michelle Obama. Well it now is starting to look like Clinton just may be getting ready to throw her hat into the ring. There has ben no mention of Obama getting involved, that is just my prediction, but If this comes true I fear that female voters will vote this way just because of their sex.

I am just throwing this idea out here for conversation. SOooooooooo, what are your thoughts on this?

I'm all about Hillary in 2016. She'd never and I mean never, accept Michelle Obama in any capacity. I feel quite comfortable in stating that even though I couldn't possibly know.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Some people who say Obama got voted in because of his race and are now saying Hillary will get voted in because of her sex.

I say Obama won two terms because his Republican presidential rivals were so fucking crap. A senile old fart with a retarded moose killer as a running mate and a charisma free Mormon in magic underpants.

Unless the repubs can find a decent candidate this time Hillary is probably a shoe in because she's got bigger balls than Bill.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(06-23-2013, 01:12 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I say Obama won two terms because his Republican presidential rivals were so fucking crap.

Yup.
(06-23-2013, 01:12 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Some people who say Obama got voted in because of his race and are now saying Hillary will get voted in because of her sex.

I say Obama won two terms because his Republican presidential rivals were so fucking crap. A senile old fart with a retarded moose killer as a running mate and a charisma free Mormon in magic underpants.

Unless the repubs can find a decent candidate this time Hillary is probably a shoe in because she's got bigger balls than Bill.

I think it was a combination of those two things that won Obama the election.
I don't think Clinton will put Michelle on her ticket. In fact, I think she'll be trying to distance herself from Obama as his popularity continues to wain.

The GOP is a hot mess. They can't get their message straight, they don't have any cohesion amongst themselves. They need to get their shit together and put forth a viable set of candidates for 2016. I think a Clinton/Christie match up would be interesting but Christie may be wayyyy too moderate to get his parties nomination.
Commando Cunt Queen
(06-23-2013, 01:17 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: I think it was a combination of those two things that won Obama the election.

Yeah I think that's a decent enough theory. I don't think crackers voted for him because they were worried about being labelled racist if they didn't though.

Remember preceeding George Ws two terms in office weren't exactly stellar in their stupendousness were they? More fuck ups than a dozen brothels if you remember.

“Where is Bin Laden? Quite frankly I don't care where he is!”

Oh George, you stoopid motherfucker.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
If a politician lies nobody cares. But if they promise the moon the moonbats listen with a wet eyed rapture. I just keep working around them.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Romney's Out

[Image: 151014989-630x378.jpg]

So, after a lot of press and a lot of "toying" with the idea of running again in 2016, Mitt Romney has reportedly decided against it. He did not have a lot of support from the GOP.

"After putting considerable thought into making another run for president, I’ve decided it is best to give other leaders in the Party the opportunity to become our next nominee," Romney told potential donors today during a conference call.

Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, Ben Carson -- those are the names I'm seeing most often in the political press as potential GOP runners.

For the Democrats, there's a lot of press around Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Former Governor Martin O'Malley (Maryland), US Senator Bernie Sanders (Independent-Vermont).

In regards to the OP: Michelle Obama doesn't strike me as having any political aspirations to serve as a Vice President. I don't believe there's any chance at all that she'll run on any ticket or lobby for a cabinet position or anything like that.

Got a favorite or a prediction?
My favorite is the one with the most electoral votes. My prediction is that regardless of who wins, the outcome or direct effect on me in my daily life will be utterly the same.
I don't think the pubs are as screwed up as Yahoo and certain other news organizations portray. The Dems are a party line type of animal. They vote the same good or bad with hardly any discussion or thought. They do not break party lines no matter what the issue is. The pubs actually debate among themselves the different values of different bills. If the bill is really stupid they will vote against it not blindly go with the flock. If that looks disorganized that's OK because they are thinking about the reasoning behind crazy things that come up, discussion is advanced and the meat of these so called great things for the country are exposed. Not so with the Dems they go in blindly and run the party vote with no analyst of what is really on the table until things go south then they backtrack avoiding reality and common sense.
Both party's do it but the discussion of Obamacare would have been good at least some kind of reading would have been.
Now any subsidy that a person receives will be due back at income tax refund time and people are just finding that out. Unless of course they are on the public dole in which case its paid by the ones that have what little refund left. I think the idea of this entire thing was to milk what money the government owes an individual.
The best thing to do now is to claim the correct amount so you do not get anything back.I am lucky to do it right and only owe 100.00 or so at the end of the year. I collect the interest on my taxes and the government cannot use it throughout the year willy nilly.
I like Ben Carson because he's black.
(01-30-2015, 09:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: I like Ben Carson because he's black.

Bert Convy.

Great hair and a winning smile.
(01-30-2015, 09:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: I like Ben Carson because he's black.

I bet you'd like him even if he were a cracker, Mags.

He shares some of your views.

[Image: obamacare-ben-carson-control.jpg?w=450&h=362][Image: 3a82a2f3be03f59d5842758fdce48cac.jpg][Image: ben-carson-self-reliance.jpg]
[Image: wqq-2.jpg]

Forbes recently interviewed him. The only thing I agreed with was his flat 10% tax for all. He's a brilliant weirdo who once compared women who had abortions to Michael Vick abusing dogs. I wouldn't support him for a variety of reasons but mostly because of his stance on gays. I'm not going to support anyone who doesn't believe gays should have the same rights I do.
He has a "Holier than Thou" attitude I don't like.

[Image: sdtgsettyyy.jpg]

I believe in God but he didn't give me my ethics. That sort of thing stems from how one is raised and by the people one surrounds themselves with.

This man has zero chance of going anywhere in a Presidential race.
hah Good morning!!!
(01-31-2015, 07:14 AM)Duchess Wrote: This man has zero chance of going anywhere in a Presidential race.

I don't know, Duchess.

Think about how many people, including conservative politicians, don't believe that gay couples should have the same rights as everyone else. Same sex marriage has gained a lot of support over the last two years, but it's still illegal in 20 states.

I think a lot of those same people, including conservative politicians, are the ones who feel strongly that abortion is murder and should be illegal -- they're successfully shutting down clinics.

There are a lot of Americans who are morally or ethically against same sex marriage and abortion, likely stemming from their religious beliefs (or the religious beliefs of those who raised and surrounded them).

If he can get campaign funding, I think Carson will run and might get pretty far in the race. If he continues to soften his position on gun control, he could appeal to an even bigger segment of the American population.

I would not vote for the man either.