Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Crimes Quashed by Citizens
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: Crimes Quashed by Citizens

Quick Draw McGraw - Checkmate

This may be the fastest crime-quash yet.

A would-be robber in Marionville, Missouri was told by a military vet, Jon Alexander (who was working a temp job as a liquor store clerk), that he needed to take his smoke outside.

The would-be robber responded by telling Alexander that he needed to hand over all of the money in the register and pulled a gun on Alexander.

Alexander immediately pulled his gun from its holster and told the would-be robber 'you need to get out of here before I blow your head off.' The robber backed out of the store pronto.

All 11 seconds of the exchange were caught on camera:

"I think it's a situation where everybody has to determine what they are capable of handling," says Max Dawson, who has owned the store for two years. "Wouldn't recommend everybody do it. You have to have a little training to be able to do stuff like that."

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/video-s...BK3WUo6NnQ

09-04-2013 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

Nice to see the tables turned on the bad guys.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
09-05-2013 05:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

ZEROSPHERES Offline
Geschlechtslos

The guy behind the counter was much to nice by giving the armed robber a pass. He should have blown the guy's head off.

Blut und Boden

[Image: 200.gif#310]
09-05-2013 09:48 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Derp...

[Image: BINGO---CBS-Boston_244x183.jpg]
Busted: 46-year-old Charles Preston and 20-year-old Justin Preston

These two winners, father and son, tried to rob the church bingo hall about a block from their home in southern New Hampshire.

The son stayed outside, while his father went in and threatened church employees with a gun. Dad put his gun down to help bag up the $15k in cash, and that's when an employee grabbed it and restrained the would-be robber, who then claimed that he had a bomb.

Churchgoers kept Preston restrained and called the police.

The father is being held on $75,000 bail, and his son on $25,000.

09-18-2013 01:48 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Where are my keys?......Oh, shit

[Image: s-ANDREW-FRANK-LAVIGUER-large.jpg?6]

Andrew Frank Laviguer, 57, was arrested Monday afternoon for allegedly robbing of a Wells Fargo in Portland, Ore.

Police say he attempted to get into his getaway car, but quickly realized he left his car keys inside the bank. Oops

Laviguer allegedly than ran away, scattering cash and forcing the evacuation of a building, OregonLive.com reported.

After the bank robbery was reported, Portland Police Dept. Commander Bob Day, said 911 callers helped police keep a handle on the suspect.

"He was running through the blocks, running all over the place, and people were calling us, helping us out," Day told OregonLive.com.

When Laviguer was arrested, the arresting officers discovered that the gun he allegedly flashed during the robbery was actually a fake, KOMO News reported.

Investigators booked Laviguer into the Multnomah County Jail, on a previous arrest warrant. Besides Monday's robbery, police say he is also the primary suspect in five other heists in Oregon and Washington.

09-21-2013 11:25 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Tables turned

Police say Johnny Calderon Jr., 19, and Gerald Allen, 18, allegedly held two men at gunpoint in Charlottesville, Va.

[Image: r-BEATUP-large570.jpg?6]

The intended victims weren't in the mood and overtook the would-be robbers, beat the crap outta them and detained them until police arrived.

Calderon and Allen were badly injured. Police say both suspects had to be taken to a hospital before going to jail.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/04...-criminals

09-21-2013 11:33 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

[Image: clap.gif] Yay! Love that they got the snot beat out of themselves. *snicker*

09-21-2013 12:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

Good one from the Kenya Mall

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/...all-Attack

HERO WITH A HANDGUN SAVED 100 PEOPLE FROM ISLAMISTS IN MALL ATTACK

An Ex-Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 people as Islamists attacked the Kenyan Westgate Mall. According to the Daily Mail, the former Marine was having coffee with friends in Westgate Mall when the attack began. Armed only with his handgun, he immediately began gathering people and getting them out of the building.
One of his friends said, "He went back inside twelve times and saved 100 people. Imagine going back in when you knew what was going on inside."
The hero with a handgun is a former Royal Marine who now lives in Kenya, but he cannot be identified for security reasons.
Suffice it to say, "British military regularly [trains] and [operates] out of Kenya, and have been involved in tracking UK citizen involved with hardline Islamists in Somalia and Yemen."

09-25-2013 08:20 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

GOOD SAMARITAN PUTS A BUTT AND A JOHNSON "ON GUARD!"

[Image: n-FRANCO-SCARAMUZZA-large.jpg?6] [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREUhGOstJBmo4Bj9v9w3h...LEfATn-ndw]
Franco Scaramuzza foiled would-be robbers Michael Butt and Zachary Johnson with a fencing sword

Scaramuzza (a fencing instructor) was pulling into the shopping center near the corner of Highway 70 South and Old Hickory Boulevard in Nashville when he saw two men use pepper spray against a couple, then steal a purse.

“The first thing that went through my head is somebody should do something, and that’s when I got really upset and disappointed with myself, because I realized I had the opportunity to do something. And I didn’t want to be a hypocrite who just tweeted about it,” Scaramuzza said.

Scaramuzza then jumped out of his car, grabbed his fencing sword, called an épée, and started charging toward the suspects.

He had just finished practice Tuesday, so he was already on guard with the full outfit and épée in hand.

“I charged towards them, holding my épée up high, and, you know, yelling at them,” he said. “I kept yelling throughout the entire thing. They completely panicked and dropped everything they stole and really took off.”

The suspects are in jail on $50k bond.

Ref:
http://www.wpxi.com/feed/news/weird-news...ery/fWGzn/

10-03-2013 07:55 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

hah Good job!

I so much enjoy the bad guys being scared. It makes me feel happy.

10-03-2013 08:06 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Quash a crime against your employer, get fired

A New Hampshire gas station clerk who thwarted an attempted robbery (pulled his concealed weapon on a would-be robber who'd pulled a knife; chased the robber off) was fired because company policy prohibits staff from carrying firearms.

The incident was caught on surveillance video.

[Image: n-BEAR-large570.jpg?6]
29 year-old Bear Cothran

Cothran told CBS Boston he had a gun because there had been numerous robberies in Nashua targeting convenience stores like the one where he worked, and that it was just a matter of time until it happened to him. He'd been on the job for 10 years and has a concealed carry permit.

Nouria said in a statement Wednesday that it instructs its cashiers to give thieves what they ask for during a robbery attempt to resolve the conflict peacefully and quickly.

The company said its policies are similar to others in the industry and consistent with the advice offered by police.

CBS Boston reports Nashua Police Lt. Denis Linehan said that while he wants to be sure clerks have proper training before arming themselves, he believes Cothran was within his rights.

"The clerk acted appropriately. He did fear for his life...he was in close proximity to a deadline weapon," Linehan said.

Cothran told CBS Boston: "I would rather find a new job than either be in a hospital bed or in a coffin."

Sources:
http://nashua.patch.com/groups/police-an...-my-family
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...on-robber/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 years on the job and he was fired right after the incident (though he'd proactively filed a report about it with the company and the store and district managers lobbied against his termination).

The company has a clear zero-tolerance policy regarding guns, of which Bear was aware.

If you were the company decision-maker or HR Manager, would you have fired him?

10-16-2013 08:31 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Clocker

Herb Pearce, a Chase Bank customer, quashed a bank robbery in Fullerton, California by "clocking" the would-be robber twice.

The suspect was arrested and his gun turned out to be fake.

Police say he probably would have succeeded at the robbery were it not for Pearce, but they don't recommend that anyone attempt attacking what appears to be armed robbers.

Herb's motivation: "I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some junkie come in there and take my money".

Herb broke his hand and has no health insurance; Chase Bank is looking to pay his medical bill. He probably saved the bank a hell of a lot of money.

(I wonder what the bank's security guard was doing at the time.)

10-18-2013 08:24 AM

Cheyne Offline
Mocker

Here's one from Reading PA

Man shoots, kills 2 armed robbers

I tried looking up the suspects criminal records but had no luck. There is a commenter (13 comments down) that states that Medina was arrested in 2011. Not sure how truthful that comment is, but I guess it doesn't matter much now. The two fools messed with the wrong hombre.

11-14-2013 10:34 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Bus-ted in Seattle

An armed robber in a ski mask successfuly robbed several bus passengers of their wallets and cell phones on November 25th.

Then... he approached another passenger demanding the goods and the passenger grabbed the thief's gun-wielding arm; other passengers rushed in to help restrain the criminal.

Luckily no one was hurt and the passengers held the man until police arrived and arrested him.

The robber is charged with two counts of felony armed robbery and one count of felony attempted robbery. He faces 15 years in prison.

Hard to dispute the surveillance video and eye witnesses. So long, sucker.

12-19-2013 05:09 PM