The Death List
RFK's granddaughter & her 8 yr. old son drowned on the Chesapeake yesterday. Apparently they got into a canoe or kayak to chase down a ball that had gotten away from them. Ugh. Another horrible, sad story. It's been so very windy around here for a couple days, not at all conducive to being on the water. Their bodies are still being searched for.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Bill Withers has died, Aint no sunshine anymore and he wont be leaning on anyone anymore. R.I.P. Mr. Withers.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
when he gone
Awww, Carl Reiner has died at 98. RIP  :(
(06-30-2020, 09:11 AM)Duchess Wrote: Awww, Carl Reiner has died at 98. RIP  :(
:( I thought he was like 2,000 years old. Or was that Mel Brooks?
(06-30-2020, 10:30 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: :( I thought he was like 2,000 years old. Or was that Mel Brooks?

Mel is 94. You probably already know that they weren't only writing partners but dear friends. One of their daughters recently posted a picture on Twitter of them lying in bed together wearing Black Lives Matter t-shirts. I feel sorry for Mel today. He will miss his good friend.
(06-30-2020, 11:17 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 10:30 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: :( I thought he was like 2,000 years old. Or was that Mel Brooks?

Mel is 94. You probably already know that they weren't only writing partners but dear friends. One of their daughters recently posted a picture on Twitter of them lying in bed together wearing Black Lives Matter t-shirts. I feel sorry for Mel today. He will miss his good friend.
Yeah I was making reference to their 2000 year old man sketch that Brooks and Reiner did.
(06-30-2020, 01:11 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Yeah I was making reference to their 2000 year old man sketch that Brooks and Reiner did.

Oh! I'm sorry! Embarrassed too! I'm never going to know a movie reference.
As Roo pointed out overnight, Kelly Preston has died at 57 from breast cancer & I just read that Elvis Presley's 27 year old grandson killed himself.
(07-13-2020, 11:51 AM)Duchess Wrote: As Roo pointed out overnight, Kelly Preston has died at 57 from breast cancer & I just read that Elvis Presley's 27 year old grandson killed himself.

I didn't read about Kelly Preston's death until this evening. 

[Image: 79badff0-c4d1-11ea-86df-6d561651b5f4_ima...1594631437]
She always seemed very sweet and I've never read anything bad about her from other celebrities, which is unusual (though her devotion to Scientology was criticized by a lot of non-celebrities  -- which I fully get).

I hope she didn't die unnecessarily because Scientology looks down on traditional treatment/medication for cancer and just about every other disease/condition.

Her son died after an autistic seizure 10 years ago, at aged 16.  Scientology doesn't recognize 'autism" as valid, so she and her husband John Travolta had elected to take their son off of the medically-prescribed anti-seizure meds in favor of some Scientology  behavioral therapy.  Bad decision.

Anyway, RIP Kelly Preston.
Hopefully John didn't give her the hiv
We never talked about John Lewis' death  :(
(07-25-2020, 12:05 PM)Duchess Wrote: We never talked about John Lewis' death  :(

I'll miss his presence in our government.

He really fought hard for equal rights on the front lines, as well as legislatively.  And, he was an eloquent and inspiring speaker/leader.

Rest in peace John Lewis.
He's an angel now, and I think he was in life too. He was just so good, a genuinely decent man. 
Regis Philbin will not be coming down for breakfast. 

[Image: GettyImages-133273729.jpg?resize=850%2C478]

He was 88
Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama will be attending and participating in John Lewis funeral tomorrow in Atlanta. President Obama will be giving the eulogy. I know it will be eloquent and filled with grace, presidential even.
Yeah what a fucking charmer that guy is. I loved writing a $40,000 check to the United States treasury just because he speaks so well.
Obama had a high tax rate. But this year coming up it will be higher. Although my state will be fine a bunch of others may be a bit over the top. This Trillion here trillion there isn't the best remedy.
Now it's going to be really bad. I want to cry. I know I have to pay taxes, but I never received anything for free and I grew up in poverty.
Taxes are the right arm of the devil.