Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WHO KILLED THE CROWLEYS? -- APPLE VALLEY, MINNESOTA
[Image: 20150118__1-Fullscreen%20capture%2011820...2%20PM.jpg]
^ That's David and Komel Crowley.

A neighbor found them dead in their home, along with their 5-year-old daughter.

The family had not been seen nor heard from since before Christmas. Late last week, the neighbor noticed mail piling up and looked through the Crowleys' windows. That's when he saw the bodies and alerted police. The family may well have been dead for weeks when their bodies were discovered.

Komel Crowley, 28, was a dietician who specialized in eating disorders. David Crowley, 29, had served in Iraq. He was a gun enthusiast, a fan of Alex Jones (he appeared on Jones' show with his then-partner back in 2012), and movie-maker who was developing a film called "Gray State". The film was planned to be a fictional piece based on his factual research -- a tale of the militarization of America. Here's the crowdsource-funded trailer.

The cops believe the Crowley's died as result of murder/suicide. Others speculate that the Crowleys were killed by the US government because David Crowley's film (which he was struggling to get funded) would expose government secrets.

Autopsy results are pending; investigation underway.

I have questions. hah

It's curious to me that no one notices their absence. I'd never be able to get away with that, my absence would be noticed within hours. Do they have a garage? Where are their vehicles and why wasn't their child missed at school. I'm just thinking aloud, so to speak. Did I use so to speak in the wrong context? Should I have used quotes? Now I think context might be wrong too. My posts are rarely critiqued and now I think I should blow the dust off my thesaurus. Oh God.

I know you can't answer those questions, Hot D. Those are just the kind of things I wonder about. Smiley_emoticons_smile
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
This is a local story Duchess.

Very strange. The child was neither in pre-school or daycare, as both parents worked from home.

I think it's a murder-suicide, for reasons still unknown.

What are the locals saying, MS? Do you find it odd that they wouldn't be missed in all this time? Those that are leaning towards murder/suicide, what makes them think that? The scene? Background info?
I find it hard to believe they were not missed sooner; and by someone closer to them than a next door neighbor who investigated after seeing mail accumulate. Something isn't right here.

text below is quoted from web articles:
According to 'Gray State' writer/director David Crowley's good friend, Jordan Page, "The film was about to start production with a $30 million budget from a major Hollywood studio" and was "poised to wake up millions."
http://www.reddit.com/user/delelles

Jordan Page is an American singer-songwriter and musician. He began writing music with a political bent during the Bush administration, in December 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Page

Other unexplained deaths include a mysterious fire in Annapolis Maryland that possibly claimed 6 lives at the million dollar mansion of Technology exec Don Pyle, chief operating officer of ScienceLogic, and his wife, Sandra. Also still unsolved are the circumstances surrounding the Sept. 28 deaths of Cooper Health System CEO and President John P. Sheridan Jr. and his wife. These events are taking place in areas not normally visited by crimes like these.
Thanks, Zero.

I saw that Crowley's friend said he had secured $30 million financing. I don't know if that's true or not; haven't seen it verified.

I find it very odd that no one was concerned about the family going off the radar for weeks (assuming they died back in December). It's possible, to me, that Crowley was despondent over the project and paranoid; that the family had sheltered themselves from outside contact prior to their deaths. Just speculating.

Snip:
In an email to a prospective producer, Crowley wrote that the project was "now almost completely abandoned" by its original backers and that he was "exhausted from carrying and managing this burden for so many years."

"Maybe the work load got too crazy; I don't know the personal reasons, but at the end of it all here I am at the end of the tunnel all alone," he wrote to a Los Angeles first assistant director in an email obtained by the Pioneer Press. "The fans continue to gather, but they're frustrated and despondent. No one believes anymore."

Crowley reached out to Jason Allen in the Dec. 17 email, asking if he wanted to be an executive producer and help out with the logistics of the film project, which he started about four years ago and revolves around a plot of government conspiracy.

"Jason, you know exactly what to do with this," Crowley wrote.

Full story: http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_27360...-struggles
(01-21-2015, 04:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What are the locals saying, MS? Do you find it odd that they wouldn't be missed in all this time? Those that are leaning towards murder/suicide, what makes them think that? The scene? Background info?

I read the Star Tribune article from Tuesday that got into as much as anyone knew.

The wife was of Pakistani origin and her folks who live in TX were not happy with her choice of husband.

I found it very odd that no one missed these people for nearly a month. Weird.

I'm the one speculating murder/suucide though that's what I believe most think.

I would like an investigation however, to be sure.
(01-21-2015, 06:04 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I read the Star Tribune article from Tuesday that got into as much as anyone knew.

I found that article, MS. It has some good information.

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/288984281.html

I read an interview with the neighbor that said the family dog was freaked out. I bet. The dog was alone in that house with three bodies for presumably a month. Poor thing.

I wonder where the dog got food and water? Maybe the killer left tons of it out around the house?

(Crowley's brother is taking care of the dog now.)
^ really odd story.

Wish more info was available.

He sounded like a recluse. His best friend doesn't communicate with him for a month? Not normal.

Did the dog feed on the bodies? Horrible.

This is on a Facebook page that David's friends created -

Disclaimer: This page is being run by independent community members and is not an official page for Gray State. The purpose of this page is to rally support for David Crowley, his family, and his team. The mainstream media is spreading lies about David Crowley and it is up to us in the community to make the truth known.

Just so everyone is clear, this page is being run independently by members of the community and is not being run by Gray State. Despite the fact that we seemed to be in total agreement in the beginning, there was an immediate change of attitude last night in where demands were made to stop this page. Because of that, this disclaimer is being added and we want everyone to be aware that this is an independent page.

Our goal has been and always will be the following:

1. To clear the good name of David Crowley by coming against the lies and deception of the mainstream media.

2. To rally support behind Gray State by encouraging people to share their pages, movie trailer and website throughout the internet.

People need to realize that just leaving things alone is not the answer, it only gives the opposition more time to do anything they can to continue to destroy Crowley's name and discourage the Gray State team.

I apologize that all of the posts were deleted from this page, this was done without my knowing and unfortunately they cannot be recovered.

I would ask everyone to be respectful and courteous when posting, please remember that there are people who are hurting as a result of what has happened.
Now that I really ponder this, if David wanted to kill his family, wouldn't he include his dog? The dog is a family member and he surely wouldn't want to think about the animal searching for food and water, possibly suffering.

Interesting...
(01-21-2015, 04:15 PM)Duchess Wrote: I have questions. hah

It's curious to me that no one notices their absence. I'd never be able to get away with that, my absence would be noticed within hours. Do they have a garage? Where are their vehicles and why wasn't their child missed at school. I'm just thinking aloud, so to speak. Did I use so to speak in the wrong context? Should I have used quotes? Now I think context might be wrong too. My posts are rarely critiqued and now I think I should blow the dust off my thesaurus. Oh God.

I know you can't answer those questions, Hot D. Those are just the kind of things I wonder about. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I can answer some of them, based on information I've read in various media reports.

1. I don't know why their absence wasn't noticed or reported for a month. But, Crowley's brother said that he dropped off presents for the family on the doorstep and saw the dog in the window. He said that he didn't want to bother the family so he didn't knock. To me, that indicates that the family had gone reclusive. Also, I understand that the couple both worked from home. I'm not sure if the small child was enrolled in any school. The last time anyone had contact with the family is thought to be Dec. 17th.

2. The family's vehicle -- a white Rambler -- was parked outside, according to one of the neighbors. The fact that it hadn't been moved, along with packages piling up, is what finally prompted neighbors to check out the house.

3. Yes, there was a garage. It reportedly contained guns and military items -- it's not clear whether they were personal belongings or intended as movie props.

I just saw that Crowley's friend, Mason Hendricks, contends that Crowley left a short note -- no info about the contents was provided. The neighbors also report that Crowley had recently changed his appearance; cut his hair and taken to wearing fatigues (don't know whether that's relevant to the case or not).

Sources:
http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_27360...-struggles
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/19...00532.html
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2.../21971467/
Mr. Crowley.....what went on in your head?

Oh, Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead?

Contradicting the New World Order conspiracy theory that the government put a hit on the family due to Mr. Crowley's film project, LE contends that David Crowley snapped and killed himself, his wife Komel, and their daughter Raniya back in December 2014.

[Image: article-minnesota-4-0115.jpg]
Crowley is believed to have used his wife's blood to smear Allahu Akbar on the wall of their home, a possible "parting shot" against her former Muslim faith. Investigators say that a Quran was also open in the family's living room to a page with a prayer for forgiveness.

Beauty Komel Crowley met her husband when he was serving with the Army in Texas. She was raised Muslim in Pakistan and converted to Christianity for her marriage. It's previously been reported that her family did not approve of her choices.
(continued)

Though Komel provided money for the family from her work as a dietician, friends have pointed to the financial stress for Crowley, as well as possible undiagnosed post-traumatic stress disorder from time serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A deal for David Crowley to get funding for a flick about Federal Emergency Management Agency troops taking over the country by force fizzled before the holiday season violence, and Crowley’s business teaching actors how to use weapons for film also reportedly closed.

The screenwriter had 10 guns in his home, purchased legally, though he is believed to have spent most of his time on the computer. Police are uncertain as to how long the Minnesota native was alive after he killed his wife and daughter execution-style. He ultimately used the .40 caliber Springfield found next to his body to shoot himself in the head.

Source: http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_29390...1452894254