Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Caylee Anthony. NO JUSTICE

I'd do whatever I could to NOT be selected. I know there's many people that think it's our duty but fuck that. I'm not surrendering two months of my life for a friggin' murdering bitch or anyone else of that caliber.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
first time anyone has seen her boo hoo hoo in court 21 when the judge read the detailed charges against her. i think it finally hit her she's not a star on TV and she's in deep shit. photo below is her being booked into county jail at Clearwater, where she will stay during jury selection.

[Image: casey-anthony-photo-05090000_rdax_676x456.bmp]

13 News

The judge started Monday morning by introducing the group of potential jurors to the case against Casey Anthony.

What they know so far is that the 25-year-old mother has been indicted for first-degree murder.

Casey, herself, cried frequently as Judge Perry recited a prepared statement on facts of the case.

She will stay in the Pinellas County Jail throughout the jury selection process, rather than be shuttled back and forth from Orlando.

As for her potential jurors, the judge gave them stern and specific instructions on what they should not do when they leave court for the day: No tweeting, and no reading anything on the Internet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm watching the jury selection, it's been interesting thus far.

I think a week is going to be kinda hopeful for time to get a jusy selected in this case, it looks more like 2 weeks to me.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(05-09-2011, 01:53 PM)IMaDick Wrote: jusy

*jury*

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Thank you sweetie

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

hahahaha casey spreads 'em and is searched in booking:

brief advert first

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extend...video.html

i also think this could take longer than a week. i'm not going to go through each day juror by juror. but even after the hardship phase is done, there still remains death penalty qualification and whether jurors have been swayed by publicity. individual questioning.

this is going to be very difficult, to ask people to suspend their lives for 2 months more or less. then perhaps a penalty phase. some retirees may be the best choices if they have no responsibilities at home.

well this shit could cost a couple days. a prospective juror asshole was discussing the case in the jury room while waiting and the Judge had to dismiss the whole lot! it was probably intentional to get out of jury duty.

i read that bozo told casey to stop acting like a 2-year-old today. (kind of a poor choice of words) maybe the romance is over. (?) hahahaha

oh puleeeeeze!! they're killing themselves trying to delay this fiasco.

CLEARWATER -- News13
Adam Longo

Casey Anthony's lawyers said we may all be shocked when we hear her defense.

The prosecution's theory in the case is already clear: They want to convince the jury that Casey drugged and killed her daughter, Caylee, and then discarded the 2-year-old's body in the woods so she could go out and party.

The defense team hasn't even hinted about what story they will tell. But they told me we're in for quite a surprise.

"We suspect there will be some jaw-dropping,"
said defense attorney Cheney Mason. "We'll have to wait and see."

Casey's lawyers claimed three years of questions could be answered in three minutes at trial. It might shock the public. But will it convince a jury?

"The court of public opinion is the most uneducated court in the whole country," said lead defense attorney Jose Baez, who claimed much of the state's evidence against Casey has been misinterpreted.

With the overwhelming public hostility towards Casey Anthony, there are battles Baez said he just can't win.

"The heart-shaped sticker? There is no sticker, even though its been clearly discussed in court," he said.

For all the talk about those convinced of Casey's guilt, those who vilify her defense team, here's something you won't find in discovery: According to Cheney Mason, "We get a lot of calls and fan mail. It's not all criticism."

"We got some nuts," Mason added. "I've got a file called the 'nut file,' where the wacko letters are put in."

the 100 dream team---->

(05-10-2011, 02:12 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: well this shit could cost a couple days. a prospective juror asshole was discussing the case in the jury room while waiting and the Judge had to dismiss the whole lot! it was probably intentional to get out of jury duty.

i read that bozo told casey to stop acting like a 2-year-old today. (kind of a poor choice of words) maybe the romance is over. (?) hahahaha

bbm

I thought the same thing. Rubbed me wrong!

day 3 marches on...i loved this tweet:

JimLichtenstein
One of the jurors walked in, looked at Casey, and mouthed "crap". #caseyanthony

Oh, that Judge is totally creative. The Sheriff told him that one of the
attorneys felt there are not enough minorities, so he is bringing the
Homeless Shelter people in tomorrow to check who has drivers licenses.
The look on the faces of the attorneys was priceless. Baez objected,
stood by his objection, but the Judge is still doing it. "You want minorities,
and that is where the concentration of minorities is." Baez "I am sorry
to hear so many minorities are homeless."
The homeless are no less citizens than those with jobs and obligations, they can use the 30 bucks a day, a couple of months in motel, and free food.

it's actually a good idea, the odds of them following the publicity are much less as well, a completely impartial jury, sounds like a winner to me.
John Adams

i LOVE this judge! he just held one of the would-be jurors in contempt and sentenced him to a $450. fine. he had tried to discuss case with a reporter and admitted he was trying to weasel out of jury duty. he's some poor schmuck that works at Publix, lives alone.
i just love this judge like crazy! he's going to kick bozo's dumb ass for him too. hah

WESH
The juror spoke to a reporter at the courthouse with the intention of getting out of jury duty, Jonathan Green told Perry.

"I just wanted to get out of jury duty," Green told the judge.

Perry found him guilty of contempt for not following instructions not to speak to reporters.

Perry fined Green $450.

Green said he did not know that speaking to reporters was against the rules.

"I did not know it was a crime," he said.

His first payment is due by June 10.

Green laughed nervously as he waited to pay his fine and said, "At least I got out of jury duty."

(05-11-2011, 01:52 PM)IMaDick Wrote: The homeless are no less citizens than those with jobs and obligations, they can use the 30 bucks a day, a couple of months in motel, and free food.

it's actually a good idea, the odds of them following the publicity are much less as well, a completely impartial jury, sounds like a winner to me.

i hope bozo gets exactly what he wished for. the trouble is, most won't have drivers licenses. and i would like to see them serve and get a 2-month vacation in orlando, but only if they are sober and can speak/understand English. there will be complicated scientific stuff in evidence. many of the homeless are alcoholic and mentally ill, i do not want to see them on the jury. i want to see alert intelligent people. i hope they are brought in for voir dire, but i also hope they are scrutinized like any other juror.

Drivers licenses? how many jurors in 1825 had drivers licenses? you know that is crap, the drivers license is used as a mechanism to send out letters to create a prospective jury pool, not as a requirement to serve.

The lawyers still have their peremptory challenges let them use them.

I don't remember taking an IQ test to be called for federal jury duty, nor do I remember being asked if I drank, or smoked, or if I lived in a card board box or a house. but I do remember being dismissed everytime for being ex Law enforcement, so obviously the lawyers don't want thinking people on a jury.

sorry LC, but the law does not require any of the things you would like to see in the jury selection process.

John Adams

The Judge added 'drivers license or valid ID card' since he first
suggested the idea.
Proof of citizenship is much different than requiring a drivers license, I would bet most of the homeless have some form of valid ID.

John Adams

in my experience in florida, and i'm sure this would apply anywhere...many homeless would have an ID. it is helpful in a lot of circumstances. but i would bet that half the homeless that would be brought in would be mentally ill, schizophrenic, unable to focus. sorry, but that's the way it is. ideally they would all be perfect jurors. but they won't. and i know morons get on juries as far as regular citizens with drivers licenses and homes...witness the o.j. trial. but i trust this Judge to weed out those people who are frankly not fit. i do think they should be given a chance to be interviewed for jury duty.

note: i am very glad i'm not the only person at Mock following this.

I got a laugh out of some of the potential jurors excuses. The woman who has been married for 27 years and has never spent any time away from her husband....she says she wouldn't be able to handle 2 months away from him! The judge resonded with "you can call him every night and he can visit you on weekends" she said it wouldn't be the same. He is making her come back for round 2. The man with a history of Narcolepsy. I believe he is coming back for round 2 also. I wouldn't want him on the jury. He says it only happens if he is sitting for a long time, but it hasn't happened lately so he is not concerned. The defense was concerned that he might fall asleep and fall and crack his head. It happens all the time with Narcoleptics. I like this Judge but I hope he isn't being too optimistic regarding time frame. He promised one lady that she would absolutely make her London trip on July 19th. He promised another man that he would not miss his steroid injections in July. He didn't even ask when in July. It could be July 1, but Judge states he won't miss??? I hope he is right.