Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TERROR AT THE MALL
Hostage Crisis Underway

[Image: westgate-shopping-mall-nairobi-2.jpg]

Nairobi, Kenya - this stand off has been underway for over 24 hours now. The death toll is 59 so far, and at least 175 have been injured by the asshole Islamic fundamentalists who've taken the Westgate Mall under siege and continue to hold Africans and foreign tourists hostage.

A witness to the attacks on the upscale shopping mall says that gunmen told Muslims to stand up and leave and that non-Muslims would be targeted.

[Image: 2013-09-21T145108Z_01_NAI117_RTRIDSP_3_KENYA-ATTACK.jpg]

Somalia's al-Qaeda-linked rebel group, al-Shabab, claimed responsibility for the attack in which they used grenades and assault rifles. The rebels said the attack was retribution for Kenyan forces' 2011 push into Somalia.

Combined military and police forces surrounded the mall in the Westlands neighborhood of Nairobi, an area frequented by foreigners and wealthy Kenyans.

Al-Shabab said on its new Twitter feed – after its old one was shut down on Saturday – that Kenyan officials were asking the hostage-takers to negotiate and offering incentives. "We'll not negotiate with the Kenyan govt as long as its forces are invading our country, so reap the bitter fruits of your harvest," al-Shabab said in a tweet.

Among the fatalities are 3 British citizens and a 38 year old Chinese woman (whose child survived).

Dozens of people managed to hide overnight, escape this morning and were led to safety.
[Image: _70051574_n090y11r.jpg]

The number of hostages is unknown (estimated at 30 or more), as is the number of attackers (estimated at 10 to 15).

Sources:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/22..._slideshow
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/afri...story.html
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/20...emall.html

I was reading about this yesterday. Violence is everywhere. If I thought too much about it I might become fearful of leaving home...or maybe I just feel emotional from looking at the pix of this story in the Daily Mail. It's frightening & so sad. One pregnant, young woman killed while shopping for baby clothes.

[Image: article-2428614-1825FE2100000578-98_964x642.jpg]

She hid in an air vent -

[Image: article-2427892-1825514A00000578-570_964x582.jpg]

[Image: article-2428614-1828295D00000578-80_964x631.jpg]

:(

[Image: article-2427892-18240A6100000578-448_964x644.jpg]

[Image: article-2428614-1828326600000578-808_964x716.jpg]

[Image: article-2428614-1828276400000578-33_964x639.jpg]

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
^ Can't imagine being a family member of someone trapped in that mall.

Al-Shabab is using twitter to claim responsibility and tout its cause/victory. Every time their official account gets deleted, they open another one and continue the tweeting.

Some of their tweets:

“Kenyan forces who’ve just attempted a roof landing must know that they are jeopardising the lives of all the hostages at #Westgate."

“The Kenyan government shall be held responsible for any loss of life as a result of such an imprudent move. The call is yours!”

“More than 30 hours have now passed and, like rabbits caught in the headlights, Kenyans are still shell-shocked.”

The death toll is now up to 68; looks like the terrorists are willing to keep this going and keep killing til they're taken out. I think it's now just a case of trying to minimize more hostage deaths as much as possible for the government forces; more will likely die before these guys are stopped. Hoping it can be ended without all of the hostages going down in flames with their captors.

Updated story here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/afri...story.html
Well, so much for Al Qaeda being decimated.
Commando Cunt Queen
The mall is still under siege and now there's at least one fire underway.

It's not clear from reports whether the fire was started by the Kenyan troops or the al-Shabab terrororists.

[Image: ?m=02&d=20130923&t=2&i=796601128&w=&fh=&...E98M11IS00]

The Kenyan President, Kenyatta, made a public announcement that he will not be pulling Kenyan forces out of Somalia (as the terrorists demanded). Al-Shabab has been driven out of key areas and greatly weakened in Somalia by Kenyan military since 2011.

Kenyatta's nephew and his nephew's fiancee happened to be at the mall and were killed by the terrorists on Saturday.
President Kenyatta's public response to the terrorist demands

[Image: Kenyas-President-Uhuru-Ke-010.jpg]

Addressing a joint news conference by opposition leaders in Nairobi, Kenyatta said Kenya will not relent in its resolve to fight global terrorism after the insurgents claimed responsibility for Saturday's attacks.

"We went as nation to Somalia to fight the war against terror unleashed on Kenyan people, Somali people and people around the world. This is not a Kenyan war, this is an international war."

"We call on people of goodwill to join us, this has increased our commitment to fight and win this war. We need to work together to fight the terrorist battle."

"They shall not get away with their despicable, beastly acts. Like the cowardly perpetrators now cornered in the building, we will punish the masterminds swiftly and painfully."
Motherfuckers!!

I've seen a lot of pix from inside the mall but this one haunts me. I wish I had a way to get some info about her.

[Image: OB-YZ701_0921na_H_20130921115044.jpg]
There are unconfirmed reports that 3 of the terrorists are US citizens I think? Anybody?
Commando Cunt Queen
(09-23-2013, 12:12 PM)username Wrote: There are unconfirmed reports that 3 of the terrorists are US citizens I think? Anybody?

Sure. Why not?

Just like the reports of an AR-15 in the hands of a shooter, last week.

Report now . . . rewrite later.
(09-23-2013, 12:12 PM)username Wrote: There are unconfirmed reports that 3 of the terrorists are US citizens I think? Anybody?

I found ABC News reporting this -

U.S. officials estimate that as many as 50 Americans have traveled to training camps in Somalia, the home of the al Qaeda-linked terror group al-Shabaab, over the last six years.

Just last month, al-Shabaab released a video showing three young men claiming to be from Minneapolis who the terror group said later died as martyrs.

"This is the best place to be honestly," one of the men says. "I can only tell you from my experience being here, that you have the best of dreams, you eat the best of food, and you're with the best of the brothers and sisters who came here for the sake of Allah. If you guys only knew how much fun we have over here. This is the real Disneyland, you need to come here and join us and take pleasure in this fun."

Story
Wow. Sounds like a jolly good time.
Commando Cunt Queen
The claims that some of the al-Shabab terrorists are Americans came from al-Shabab's tweets. Could be pure bullshit, but according to the tweet, a couple of them are from Minnesota which is home to 85,000 Somalis. So, who knows?

The FBI should have some idea by now; shouldn't take long to determine if the names are real or bogus and whether those alleged US citizens are out of the country.

It was also originally reported that at least one of the terrorists might be a woman. It's since been clarified that a couple of the attackers were instead men wearing women's clothes.
(09-23-2013, 12:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's since been clarified that a couple of the attackers were instead men wearing women's clothes.

They better have been wearing burkas.
Commando Cunt Queen

This is a recent photo of one of the women who was shot & killed. I shouldn't be so shocked, they were killing children too. *sigh*

[Image: 225574-0c40a31a-2401-11e3-b47e-e750ec1e8f24.jpg]
The al-Shabab attackers are being described by Kenyan authorities as a multi-national group, but still no word whether Americans are confirmed amongst them.

The fatalities includes citizens from various countries as well. Kenyans, British, French, Canadians, Indians, a Ghanaian, a South African and a Chinese woman. (The UK Foreign Office said Monday it has confirmed the deaths of four British nationals.)

Even a motley weakened terrorist group can wreak a ton of havoc and keep authorities at bay in an enclosed public space, as long as the well-armed fuckers have hostages and are willing to kill and be killed.

The Kenyan government is claiming that most of the hostages have been rescued, but it's not clear how many people were being held hostage in the first place.

The Red Cross has revised the confirmed number of fatalities; from 69 to 62 (some had been counted twice).
(09-23-2013, 12:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The claims that some of the al-Shabab terrorists are Americans came from al-Shabab's tweets. Could be pure bullshit, but according to the tweet, a couple of them are from Minnesota which is home to 85,000 Somalis. So, who knows?

The FBI should have some idea by now; shouldn't take long to determine if the names are real or bogus and whether those alleged US citizens are out of the country.

It was also originally reported that at least one of the terrorists might be a woman. It's since been clarified that a couple of the attackers were instead men wearing women's clothes.

I've stated since I've been posting at Mock that Somalis are the cockroaches of society.

Yes, there are many confirmed reports (in the past few years) of young Somali men, born in Minnesota, going back to Somalia to join terrorist groups.

I won't be surprised at all when it's confirmed that many of these terrorists are from Minnesota.

They're everywhere around here. Many of the young Somali's hang at the Mall of America, almost taking it over, and they breed like rats.

Is there an enormous cultural divide between them and 'us'. For sure. I'm just not sure who decided it'd be a great idea to have them enter and live in this country.

I'm trying to think of one positive thing that Somalia gives the world.

Can anyone help?
My sympathy goes out to everyone over in Kenya.

The photographs told the story, the fear and the horror overwhelms us.

It looks like it is an Israeli owned Mall.

I have never liked Malls to go shopping to begin with. Every Christmas it's the same story someone at the Mall has their Christmas parcels stolen. I do like the outdoor shopping where you can walk outdoors and if you only need one store you can pop in and leave.

My guess is these terrorists had it planned for weeks they probably cased the Mall scouted it all out because they disabled the CCTV, they did their homework we will probably learn later on. I found out last night the Israeli Forces got involved and I wondered how did that come about? Here is a story from the Israel National News. It's really frightening!

Taken from Israelnationalnews.com

Terrorist: Nairobi Mall Targeted Because of 'Jewish Shops'
Member of terrorist group that took over a mall in Nairobi said it was targeted because of its 'Jewish shops,' among other reasons.
By David Lev
First Publish: 9/23/2013, 8:05 PM

As Kenyan military forces moved to liberate Nairobi's Westgate Mall from the hands of Islamist terrorists, a representative of Al-Shabaab, the Somali terror group behind the attack, told Arab satellite network Al Jazeera that the attack was overdue, and that the mall was chosen for the attack because “it is a place where there are Jewish and American shops.”

The attack, which began Saturday, was still underway Tuesday, with the terrorists holed up in the building, holding a number of hostages. At least 69 people have been killed so far, as Kenyan soldiers try to remove the Islamists who are occupying the building.

The Islamist group attacked the mall – a place where innocent civilians shop – because “it is a place where tourists from across the world come to shop, where diplomats gather. It is a place where Kenya's decision-makers go to relax and enjoy themselves.” As the group demands the imposition of Islamic law in Kenya and the removal of all Western influences – and tourists – Al Shabaab felt justified in attacking the site, the terrorist spokesperson said.

In addition, he said, the attack was justified revenge against the Kenyan government for its actions against other Islamists.

“On civilian deaths, Kenya should first be asked why they bombed innocent Somali civilians in refugee camps, why they bombed innocent people in Gedo and Jubba regions. They should be asked that first before us,” he said, adding that the group had freed all Muslims before taking over the mall.

The Westgate mall is owned by an Israeli group, as are several of the stores; the attackers first entered the mall through an Israeli-owned coffee shop.

“We have been late in attacking Nairobi. We did not attack before because they were expecting us to attack. Our aim is to attack our enemy when they least expect us to attack. This time they were not expecting us to attack. We choose when to attack, and best time to attack,” the spokesperson said.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/N...kCj0NJOOSo
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau

These terrorists always seem to choose "soft" targets and if it wasn't so serious I would laugh at the way they keep their faces covered. They are not brave soldiers, they are cowards.

(09-23-2013, 03:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(09-23-2013, 12:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The claims that some of the al-Shabab terrorists are Americans came from al-Shabab's tweets. Could be pure bullshit, but according to the tweet, a couple of them are from Minnesota which is home to 85,000 Somalis. So, who knows?

I've stated since I've been posting at Mock that Somalis are the cockroaches of society.

Yes, there are many confirmed reports (in the past few years) of young Somali men, born in Minnesota, going back to Somalia to join terrorist groups.

I won't be surprised at all when it's confirmed that many of these terrorists are from Minnesota.

They're everywhere around here. Many of the young Somali's hang at the Mall of America, almost taking it over, and they breed like rats.

Is there an enormous cultural divide between them and 'us'. For sure. I'm just not sure who decided it'd be a great idea to have them enter and live in this country.

I'm trying to think of one positive thing that Somalia gives the world.

Can anyone help?

Frankincense and Myrrh comes from Somalia.

Columbus, Ohio has 45,000 Somali's at least. Thousands of people are displaced due to the civil war now it's Muslim terrorists like Al Shabaab they are trying to contend with.

We need to wait and see if any are from the USA.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau