Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
dying dragonfly
I had a big dragonfly land on my desk this morning and he has been twitching, wiggling, rolling into a ball, flipping over all day. He lays there still twitching right now. Poor Henry has chosen me to be besides him on his deathbed.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The dragonfly and the maggot - not the strangest of bedfellows.

Henry's just suffering needlessly. Why don't you perform an assisted suicide right there in your office, Dr. M?

We won't tell anybody, promise.
I'm not sure if its nerves or spastic gut wrenching pain. I wonder what is going on in his little head. OK .......he is planted next to the day lillies outside the door.

A bug landed on my arm and died also but I don't think that was his intent. His passing was sudden.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Well, your highness Maggot, at least some anesthesia is in order til you can diagnose whether Henry is terminal or just a buggy little spaz.

Maybe you can take him to lunch with you? Have a little mid-day toke and gently blow a bit of smoke in Henry's tiny fragile face. It's the compassionate thing to do whether it helps to ease his pain or just calms his nerves.

By the end of the work day, you'll know better whether you should put him out of his misery or have instead helped him be more comfortable during his rehabilitation. Winner either way.

Love - it makes the world go 'round. Henry could be an angel in disguise for all you know. Won't you at least try to help him spread his wings again?

Thats an MS spy type of song. It sends never a shiver down my spine.
(10-03-2013, 01:25 PM)Maggot Wrote: I had a big dragonfly land on my desk this morning and he has been twitching, wiggling, rolling into a ball, flipping over all day. He lays there still twitching right now. Poor Henry has chosen me to be besides him on his deathbed.

Sounds like he was poisoned. Poor Henry. Dragonflies are beautiful.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-03-2013, 02:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: Thats an MS spy type of song. It sends never a shiver down my spine.

Ouch. That hurts.

For the record:

I'm more of a James Ingram 'Just Once' type of guy.
hah.........I'm sorry but I thought of you as soon as I touched that song.
Well............

What the heck happened with Henry?
(10-04-2013, 09:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well............

What the heck happened with Henry?

The landscape guy whacked the day lilies to the roots today and turned the mulch. Henry is now a citizen of the world. Possibly in the future a part of the very air we breathe but I aint holding my breath on that one and imagine he has shifted the mentality of land rights on far away islands moving natives to "remove the coconuts" of strife and division. But they already know this and Henry has left his legacy in some other bugs receptacle with the promise of a "new world"
I could go on but its exhausting these things I think.
(10-04-2013, 09:23 PM)Maggot Wrote: Possibly in the future a part of the very air we breathe but I aint holding my breath on that one and imagine he has shifted the mentality of land rights on far away islands moving natives to "remove the coconuts" of strife and division.

That's good news. He's probably busy sprinkling peace dust all across the lands, from sea to shining sea, as we speak. After he finishes uniting the islanders, I hope he heads to Scientology headquarters and uses his peace-making mojo to realign the stars. They're drifting, ya know, and it could have a disastrous affect on the spiritual grounding of the Hollywood entertainment community (and maybe even the San Fernando Valley).

Or, Henry was just faking that little episode in your office, hoping for some sympathy and someone to take care of him for free. It works for so many humans, why not Henry? He likely flew off in a huff when you didn't fall for his little scam and was subsequently eaten by a rat who was eaten by an absorbent snake who developed over-sized dragon-fly wings and is right now circling Carsman's garage - plotting his air to ground infiltration strategy.

I think those are the two most likely scenarios in the life of Henry, anyway...
(10-05-2013, 09:52 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: an absorbent snake who developed over-sized dragon-fly wings and is right now circling Carsman's garage - plotting his air to ground infiltration strategy.

hah
(10-05-2013, 10:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 09:52 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: an absorbent snake who developed over-sized dragon-fly wings and is right now circling Carsman's garage - plotting his air to ground infiltration strategy.

hah

Well, I've got that covered now, I posted a signon the door: "NO SNAKES ALLOWED"! hah (I HATE SNAKES)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I've watched a bunch of hummingbirds today, they like my Tiger lily's one came withing 12" of my freaking face when I was eating a hot dog today. I thought it was a big bee.
(07-04-2017, 05:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: they like my Tiger lily's

The deer like mine. They no sooner bloom than along comes a deer and slurps the flower right off the stem.