Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
*SIGH*

Do you grill salmon, Aussie?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I know it's the healthiest fish to eat, but I don't like salmon. I like it raw with sushi, but once it's cooked it gets all oily and too fishy. I like tuna, swordfish and mahi, unfortunately they all contain enough mercury to brain damage a small kid.

Speaking of tuna, I always thought tuna is tuna is tuna but it's not. I can taste a difference. I had always purchased the blue can but I recently saw the green/white cans on sale so I bought them. I wasted my money because I don't like it. How the hell can there be such a difference in taste when it comes to simple tuna fish?

Oily fish sounds disgusting.
I like fresh ahi or yellow fin tuna seared and pink in the middle. The white albacore tuna in the can is good, but it's the highest in mercury for some reason, pregnant women shouldn't eat it at all.
(10-08-2013, 11:30 AM)sally Wrote: The white albacore tuna in the can is good, but it's the highest in mercury for some reason

I think that might be what I eat. No wonder my boss told me stop eating so much of it. I feel like I should have known about that mercury bullshit.
(10-08-2013, 11:11 AM)Duchess Wrote: Do you grill salmon, Aussie?

Do you mean on the grill or on the BBQ? I was going to buy some fresh salmon, but I thought it was too safe. I always buy salmon.

I usually bake salmon in the oven with butter. I should try that on the BBQ.
I nearly uploaded a pic of the catch cooked, but I didn't want a critique from everyone about everything else in the room.
(10-09-2013, 02:21 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Do you mean on the grill or on the BBQ?

They are one & the same thing to me. The grill is the barbie here. Did I say that right? hah
There ya go. The grill is the grill over here, where you grill cheese under the griller on your stove.

Here's a pic, don't anybody give me grief, I didn't set the table, it is an informal lunch.

[Image: 6531b9c1-67af-496a-bcad-ebed88049ad2_zps28d0698b.jpg]

I see you broke out your holiday placemats - is your tree up yet? Awink
haha, no but there is Christmas stuff in the shops already, I love it. I didn't put the placemats out but you can imagine is a favourite. It's school holidays here for another week.