Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing - New Hampshire
HairOfTheDog Offline

Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing - New Hampshire

Hoping this girl took off willingly and is just afraid to go home. She's been missing for 5 days now.

[Image: article-2458851-18BA171E00000578-200_306x503.jpg]
Abigail Hernandez

The last sighting of the North Conway girl, who ran on the track team for her Kennett High School and was described as quiet and bright, was around 2.30pm on Wednesday, October 9th. She turned 15 on Saturday.

Investigators believe Abigail made it back to her home, but when her mother came back from her nursing job, her daughter was gone.

The last call made on a missing New Hampshire girl’s cellphone was last Wednesday about four hours after she was last seen. It was used about two miles from her home at a spot near Cranmore Mountain, a ski resort popular with tourists.

Several agencies, including the FBI, have been involved in searching for the girl by land, water and air. Kieran Ramsey, from the FBI, confirmed today that teams are continuing their searches using five sniffer dog teams. Officers are also canvassing and chasing up tip-offs from the public, though no new information has come to light.

Local police and the FBI have searched on foot, in boats, and by helicopter but have failed to turn up any new evidence about the disappearance. FBI fixed-wing planes have been drafted into the search, and on Saturday lines of officials meticulously searched four square miles of woodland.

Despite searching over 3,000 acres Major Kevin Jordan of the Maine Fish and Game Department, said: 'We are nowhere near done. We are here to find Abi and to bring her home.'

The search has been so thorough that officers have found the body of a hiker who went missing over the weekend, and bone fragments from another case, possibly that of a hiker who went missing in 2006.

New Hampshire's White Mountains are full of tourists at this time of year as they come to take pictures of the leaves changing in autumn. Police, FBI, New Hampshire Fish and Game personnel and volunteers have all helped to search for the teenager but have not found any leads

Police officials said they are still treating Hernandez's disappearance as a missing persons case, but added that foul play has not been ruled out.

So far officers say they have received over 200 tip-offs, some from as far away as Texas.

Abigail is 5ft 4in tall and weighs 118lb with brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing black stretch pants, tall brown boots and a grey sweater.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Conway police on 603-356-5715.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2hlPjmAU6

10-15-2013 01:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Eat Shit And Die Offline
Degenerate...

RE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing - New Hampshire

sore botty time.

if she ran away or she didn't.

(08-08-2010 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote:  May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile
10-15-2013 05:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

It sounds almost like another north country case from a few years ago.

10-15-2013 06:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

Ah, the North Country - home to the most beautiful river in all the land.

[Image: 8fcd317525.png]
10-15-2013 07:21 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-15-2013 06:13 AM)Maggot Wrote:  It sounds almost like another north country case from a few years ago.

I thought about Celina when I saw Abigail's story, too.

Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez (pictured below), pleaded for her daughter to "come home" on Saturday.

[Image: article-2458851-18BC956000000578-665_634x532.jpg]

So far, the media stories have focused only on Abigail's last known location and the search, not many other details.

Haven't seen anything regarding whether Abigail's father or any siblings live in the home, whether mom has a boyfriend in the home, whether Abigail has a boyfriend or any history of running away, whether anything was missing from the home (like some of Abigail's clothing or electronics)...

Really hoping that Abigail's story has a better ending than Celina's, but not feeling optimistic.

10-15-2013 08:11 AM

Eat Shit And Die Offline
Degenerate...

these things rarely end well, all the best Abigail you'll need it.

(08-08-2010 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote:  May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile
10-15-2013 08:54 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

From ABC News:

Law enforcement sources told ABC News that Hernandez had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend. The FBI's Rapid Child Abduction Deployment Unit is orchestrating the search efforts, which have been conducted by air, on the ground, and in the nearby Sacco River by police from multiple law enforcement agencies.

Abigail has at least one sibling; her sister pleaded for her return at a press conference last night.

10-15-2013 11:29 AM

Adub Offline
Mocker

(10-15-2013 11:29 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  From ABC News:

Law enforcement sources told ABC News that Hernandez had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend. The FBI's Rapid Child Abduction Deployment Unit is orchestrating the search efforts, which have been conducted by air, on the ground, and in the nearby Sacco River by police from multiple law enforcement agencies.

Abigail has at least one sibling; her sister pleaded for her return at a press conference last night.

I don't know what to make of this. Just read thru the facebook pages, watched her mom and sister (heartbreaking), locals are being told to keep their traps shut and not talk to the media, she's young, don't think she ran away, so my thoughts are wandering to the high school boy friend. Making me think of the Meryl Streep movie from years ago called Before and After.

10-15-2013 05:41 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-15-2013 05:41 PM)Adub Wrote:  I don't know what to make of this. Just read thru the facebook pages, watched her mom and sister (heartbreaking), locals are being told to keep their traps shut and not talk to the media, she's young, don't think she ran away, so my thoughts are wandering to the high school boy friend. Making me think of the Meryl Streep movie from years ago called Before and After.

Does have the same kinda feel as that movie. Secrets.

Not sure what to make of the fact that Abigail's father seems to be an off-limits topic and it looks like locals are being told not to talk. Wondering if LE has a suspect in mind, somebody close to Abigail, and if LE might be controlling what's released in attempt to get him/her to open up?

With all the silence and suppressed details in the case, was surprised to see Abigail's boyfriend's father did an interview with the local paper yesterday. It's about how devastated his son feels, how his son is such a great kid, how Abigail's a great kid too, how she went on mechanic runs with father and son sometimes...

Here's the boyfriend, Jimmy Campbell, with Abigail.

[Image: abigailhernandezjimmy2.jpg]

He's one big kid (he's 15 too). The two got together earlier this year, according to the boy's dad. Abigail was his first girlfriend.

I wanna know the last person to whom Abigail was speaking on the phone before her phone activity stopped. Also wanna know more about this "older guy" she reportedly befriended on Facebook and how Jimmy felt about it (if he knew).

Feel like I'm getting to know Associate Attorney General Jane Young. First with Krista Dittmeyer's case, then Celina's, and now Abigail's. Young's hard for me to read.

Young's public statements on the case:
"I won't comment on anything regarding any family members," Young said when asked about Hernandez's father.

At present, Young said, the investigation is not focused on any particular person or in any direction. The search for Hernandez is being considered a missing person case; none of her family members are being sought for criminal reasons, Young said.

"That could change, but we are here in a support role at the moment; there is no evidence to support any criminal activity," she said.

Interview and full story:
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131.../131019559

Sounds like Young is making it known that not all of those closest to Abigail have been cleared yet, and there may be some criminal activity (not necessarily related to Abigail) that could be pursued against someone in the family if LE needed leverage for getting more cooperation/info. Pure speculation.

So, where's dad?

10-15-2013 07:49 PM

Adub Offline
Mocker

They have not ever answered the dad question. Mom and sister are totally believable. They are hurting. Boyfriend's dad is angry. F bombs flying right and left and every which way.

10-15-2013 08:59 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Thanks, Adub.

I found a missing page for Abigail on Facebook, but it was mostly just media re-posts and well-wishes, run by anonymous admins.

If there's another one out there that you're following, can you post the link? Would like to check out those exchanges. TIA.

10-15-2013 09:07 PM

Adub Offline
Mocker

(10-15-2013 09:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Thanks, Adub.

I found a missing page for Abigail on Facebook, but it was mostly just media re-posts and well-wishes, run by anonymous admins.

If there's another one out there that you're following, can you post the link? Would like to check out those exchanges. TIA.

My thought patterns are just too fucking random to be of much help with links. And truthfully the boyfriend's dad seems to care about Abigail, I just get the feeling of "thou doth protect too much".

Of course, I'm probably fucking wrong The_Villagers

10-15-2013 09:35 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-15-2013 09:35 PM)Adub Wrote:  My thought patterns are just too fucking random to be of much help with links. And truthfully the boyfriend's dad seems to care about Abigail, I just get the feeling of "thou doth protect too much".

Of course, I'm probably fucking wrong The_Villagers

I'm terrible at navigating Facebook threads anyway.

I think your thought patterns are logical, whether they ultimately turn out to be accurate in this case or not.

It strikes me as odd that everyone's keeping pretty mum, reportedly on the direction of LE. Then, the bf's dad goes out and gives an interview. Why? Damage control to divert valid suspicion? Innocent, but worried about gossip while Abigail's missing?

IDK. Still hope Abigail left willingly - it's a (remote) possibility. But, I'd put the significant other and the parents at the top of the POI list for any possible teen abduction, especially ones that are silent/missing or coming across as defensive. Got some of that with a few males on this one.

10-15-2013 11:09 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

1 Week Missing

At the press conference Tuesday evening Young said that reports of a call being made from Hernandez's phone at 6:30 p.m. on the day that the teen disappeared are not accurate. Young did ask if anyone has any information about such a phone call that they contact authorities. (HOTD: call or no call, if the phone still had juice, the cell tower pings could help narrow down its location - Young didn't clarify whether that was the case or not.)

But for all the details authorities are seeking, very few are being released. Young brushed off questions about whether searchers have found anything of note.

"We aren't going to provide details," she told reporters at Monday's briefing.

That refrain has become a common one at the 6 p.m. briefings, with Fish and Game officials outlining the day's search effort and Ramsey reiterating the need for anyone who saw Hernandez anytime since last Tuesday to contact authorities. Despite repeated briefings officials have released very little new information since the first days of the investigation.

Jane Young said the last activity known to investigators is Abigail leaving the school a week ago today at 2:30 p.m.

Full story:

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/...ing-101613

Young said the case is still classified as a Missing Person because no evidence of an abduction has been found. She also said nothing has been ruled in and nothing has been ruled out.

10-16-2013 11:35 AM