Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ARREST MADE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing/Returned Safe - New Hampshire
Hoping this girl took off willingly and is just afraid to go home. She's been missing for 5 days now.

[Image: article-2458851-18BA171E00000578-200_306x503.jpg]
Abigail Hernandez

The last sighting of the North Conway girl, who ran on the track team for her Kennett High School and was described as quiet and bright, was around 2.30pm on Wednesday, October 9th. She turned 15 on Saturday.

Investigators believe Abigail made it back to her home, but when her mother came back from her nursing job, her daughter was gone.

The last call made on a missing New Hampshire girl’s cellphone was last Wednesday about four hours after she was last seen. It was used about two miles from her home at a spot near Cranmore Mountain, a ski resort popular with tourists.

Several agencies, including the FBI, have been involved in searching for the girl by land, water and air. Kieran Ramsey, from the FBI, confirmed today that teams are continuing their searches using five sniffer dog teams. Officers are also canvassing and chasing up tip-offs from the public, though no new information has come to light.

Local police and the FBI have searched on foot, in boats, and by helicopter but have failed to turn up any new evidence about the disappearance. FBI fixed-wing planes have been drafted into the search, and on Saturday lines of officials meticulously searched four square miles of woodland.

Despite searching over 3,000 acres Major Kevin Jordan of the Maine Fish and Game Department, said: 'We are nowhere near done. We are here to find Abi and to bring her home.'

The search has been so thorough that officers have found the body of a hiker who went missing over the weekend, and bone fragments from another case, possibly that of a hiker who went missing in 2006.

New Hampshire's White Mountains are full of tourists at this time of year as they come to take pictures of the leaves changing in autumn. Police, FBI, New Hampshire Fish and Game personnel and volunteers have all helped to search for the teenager but have not found any leads

Police officials said they are still treating Hernandez's disappearance as a missing persons case, but added that foul play has not been ruled out.

So far officers say they have received over 200 tip-offs, some from as far away as Texas.

Abigail is 5ft 4in tall and weighs 118lb with brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing black stretch pants, tall brown boots and a grey sweater.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Conway police on 603-356-5715.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2hlPjmAU6
sore botty time.

if she ran away or she didn't.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

It sounds almost like another north country case from a few years ago.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Ah, the North Country - home to the most beautiful river in all the land.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-15-2013, 06:13 AM)Maggot Wrote: It sounds almost like another north country case from a few years ago.

I thought about Celina when I saw Abigail's story, too.

Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez (pictured below), pleaded for her daughter to "come home" on Saturday.

[Image: article-2458851-18BC956000000578-665_634x532.jpg]

So far, the media stories have focused only on Abigail's last known location and the search, not many other details.

Haven't seen anything regarding whether Abigail's father or any siblings live in the home, whether mom has a boyfriend in the home, whether Abigail has a boyfriend or any history of running away, whether anything was missing from the home (like some of Abigail's clothing or electronics)...

Really hoping that Abigail's story has a better ending than Celina's, but not feeling optimistic.
these things rarely end well, all the best Abigail you'll need it.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

From ABC News:

Law enforcement sources told ABC News that Hernandez had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend. The FBI's Rapid Child Abduction Deployment Unit is orchestrating the search efforts, which have been conducted by air, on the ground, and in the nearby Sacco River by police from multiple law enforcement agencies.

Abigail has at least one sibling; her sister pleaded for her return at a press conference last night.
(10-15-2013, 11:29 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: From ABC News:

Law enforcement sources told ABC News that Hernandez had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend. The FBI's Rapid Child Abduction Deployment Unit is orchestrating the search efforts, which have been conducted by air, on the ground, and in the nearby Sacco River by police from multiple law enforcement agencies.

Abigail has at least one sibling; her sister pleaded for her return at a press conference last night.

I don't know what to make of this. Just read thru the facebook pages, watched her mom and sister (heartbreaking), locals are being told to keep their traps shut and not talk to the media, she's young, don't think she ran away, so my thoughts are wandering to the high school boy friend. Making me think of the Meryl Streep movie from years ago called Before and After.
(10-15-2013, 05:41 PM)Adub Wrote: I don't know what to make of this. Just read thru the facebook pages, watched her mom and sister (heartbreaking), locals are being told to keep their traps shut and not talk to the media, she's young, don't think she ran away, so my thoughts are wandering to the high school boy friend. Making me think of the Meryl Streep movie from years ago called Before and After.

Does have the same kinda feel as that movie. Secrets.

Not sure what to make of the fact that Abigail's father seems to be an off-limits topic and it looks like locals are being told not to talk. Wondering if LE has a suspect in mind, somebody close to Abigail, and if LE might be controlling what's released in attempt to get him/her to open up?

With all the silence and suppressed details in the case, was surprised to see Abigail's boyfriend's father did an interview with the local paper yesterday. It's about how devastated his son feels, how his son is such a great kid, how Abigail's a great kid too, how she went on mechanic runs with father and son sometimes...

Here's the boyfriend, Jimmy Campbell, with Abigail.

[Image: abigailhernandezjimmy2.jpg]

He's one big kid (he's 15 too). The two got together earlier this year, according to the boy's dad. Abigail was his first girlfriend.

I wanna know the last person to whom Abigail was speaking on the phone before her phone activity stopped. Also wanna know more about this "older guy" she reportedly befriended on Facebook and how Jimmy felt about it (if he knew).

Feel like I'm getting to know Associate Attorney General Jane Young. First with Krista Dittmeyer's case, then Celina's, and now Abigail's. Young's hard for me to read.

Young's public statements on the case:
"I won't comment on anything regarding any family members," Young said when asked about Hernandez's father.

At present, Young said, the investigation is not focused on any particular person or in any direction. The search for Hernandez is being considered a missing person case; none of her family members are being sought for criminal reasons, Young said.

"That could change, but we are here in a support role at the moment; there is no evidence to support any criminal activity," she said.

Interview and full story:
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131.../131019559

Sounds like Young is making it known that not all of those closest to Abigail have been cleared yet, and there may be some criminal activity (not necessarily related to Abigail) that could be pursued against someone in the family if LE needed leverage for getting more cooperation/info. Pure speculation.

So, where's dad?
They have not ever answered the dad question. Mom and sister are totally believable. They are hurting. Boyfriend's dad is angry. F bombs flying right and left and every which way.
Thanks, Adub.

I found a missing page for Abigail on Facebook, but it was mostly just media re-posts and well-wishes, run by anonymous admins.

If there's another one out there that you're following, can you post the link? Would like to check out those exchanges. TIA.
(10-15-2013, 09:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thanks, Adub.

I found a missing page for Abigail on Facebook, but it was mostly just media re-posts and well-wishes, run by anonymous admins.

If there's another one out there that you're following, can you post the link? Would like to check out those exchanges. TIA.

My thought patterns are just too fucking random to be of much help with links. And truthfully the boyfriend's dad seems to care about Abigail, I just get the feeling of "thou doth protect too much".

Of course, I'm probably fucking wrong The_Villagers
(10-15-2013, 09:35 PM)Adub Wrote: My thought patterns are just too fucking random to be of much help with links. And truthfully the boyfriend's dad seems to care about Abigail, I just get the feeling of "thou doth protect too much".

Of course, I'm probably fucking wrong The_Villagers

I'm terrible at navigating Facebook threads anyway.

I think your thought patterns are logical, whether they ultimately turn out to be accurate in this case or not.

It strikes me as odd that everyone's keeping pretty mum, reportedly on the direction of LE. Then, the bf's dad goes out and gives an interview. Why? Damage control to divert valid suspicion? Innocent, but worried about gossip while Abigail's missing?

IDK. Still hope Abigail left willingly - it's a (remote) possibility. But, I'd put the significant other and the parents at the top of the POI list for any possible teen abduction, especially ones that are silent/missing or coming across as defensive. Got some of that with a few males on this one.
1 Week Missing

At the press conference Tuesday evening Young said that reports of a call being made from Hernandez's phone at 6:30 p.m. on the day that the teen disappeared are not accurate. Young did ask if anyone has any information about such a phone call that they contact authorities. (HOTD: call or no call, if the phone still had juice, the cell tower pings could help narrow down its location - Young didn't clarify whether that was the case or not.)

But for all the details authorities are seeking, very few are being released. Young brushed off questions about whether searchers have found anything of note.

"We aren't going to provide details," she told reporters at Monday's briefing.

That refrain has become a common one at the 6 p.m. briefings, with Fish and Game officials outlining the day's search effort and Ramsey reiterating the need for anyone who saw Hernandez anytime since last Tuesday to contact authorities. Despite repeated briefings officials have released very little new information since the first days of the investigation.

Jane Young said the last activity known to investigators is Abigail leaving the school a week ago today at 2:30 p.m.

Full story:

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/...ing-101613

Young said the case is still classified as a Missing Person because no evidence of an abduction has been found. She also said nothing has been ruled in and nothing has been ruled out.
Not that it matter's much, but Conway is 90 miles south of West Stewartstown (where Celina was from).

For some reason, investigators waited until yesterday to try and find her cell phone:

Snipped from:
http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/residen...index.html

Abigail Hernandez, 15, was last seen on Oct. 9 when she left Kennett High School. Officials said she left the school about 2:29 p.m. to walk home.

Associate Attorney General Jane Young said officials are looking for Abigail's white iPhone 5. According to Police Chief Edward Wagner, Abigail was using her phone to text with a friend from 2:23 to 2:53 p.m. The last contact with the cellphone on the cellular network was at 3:07 p.m. on the west side of Cranmore Mountain, police said.

Young said the 16-gigabyte cellphone had a pink and gray case. She urged businesses to check lost-and-found boxes to see if it had been turned in.

Police said there were multiple unconfirmed reports of seeing Abigail walking on North-South Road in North Conway between the rotary and Settlers Green. Police now say they believe Abigail never made it home that day.

I don't understand why they couldn't ping her Iphone within the first 24 hours she went missing...
Here is what investigators have for a timeline so far:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/2371117...appearance

Posted: Oct 16, 2013 6:29 PM EST Updated: Oct 16, 2013 6:35 PM EST

Abigail Hernandez Timeline

CONWAY, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Law enforcement officials in New Hampshire have released a timeline in the disappearance of 14-year-old Abigail Hernandez.

Officials said Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennett High School at 2:29 p.m. on Oct. 9 wearing black leggings, black boots, a dark-colored striped sweater. She was then seen walking from the field hockey field, down Eagles Way to Powerline Trail from 2:30 and 2:35 p.m.

Between 2:23 p.m. and 2:53 p.m. Hernandez sent a series of text messages to a friend. FBI officials said that friend was cooperating with the investigation.

At 3:07 p.m., Hernandez's cell phone made last contact with her cell phone network on the west side of Cranmore Mountain.

N.H. Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said Hernandez was using a 16 gigabyte iPhone 5 with a deep pink and gray Otter Box-style case. Young asked businesses to check their "lost and found" to see if they had any phones matching the description.

Officials said there are multiple unconfirmed reports that someone matching Hernandez's description was seen walking on North-South Highway between the rotary and Settler's Green entry.

FBI officials said that there is no evidence that Hernandez ever made it home from school, despite reports to the contrary. On Tuesday, officials said reports that Hernandez made a cell phone call at about 6:30 p.m. were untrue as well.

Several agencies, including the FBI, have been involved in the search by land, water and air. The FBI said it had received 544 leads in the case.

Anyone who may have any information about Hernandez is asked to call 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit a tip at www.tips.fbi.gov.
Thanks for the updates, Cannongal.

There's been a lot of conflicting information between Young, the Fish and Game troopers, and the FBI. Wonder what's going down behind the scenes.

Hope they find Abigail today.
2 Weeks Missing - No Sign of Abby

It’s been two weeks since anyone has seen 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez as she left school for her regular walk home, and the search continues. (HOTD: Authorities now say they don't believe Abby ever made it home from school.)

There are fewer searchers, as police searchers have covered so much ground in the Conway area that they don’t need as many officers, said Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young.

“We may have less bodies working the case, but the volume of searchers is not what matters,” Young said.The searches in the area are “more targeted” than before, “depending on the information” that police acquire. “It’s a narrower search,” she said. “But by no means are we giving up.”

There were no new details of the investigation released Tuesday.

===========================================

Not much news about the case in the media recently, but locals continue to organize fund-raising events for Abby's family, distribute flyers, etc...

Here's the link to the Find Abigail Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez
This is really discouraging.

‘‘There aren’t really any significant developments in the bigger scheme of things and that’s very unfortunate and very frustrating for all the agencies involved,’’ he said.

Police are now doing targeted searches based on specific information, Ramsey said.

‘‘The bottom line is this: You have a missing, now 15-year-old girl with no independent financial means, who has cut off communication, either voluntarily or involuntarily, with her family and loved ones,’’ Ramsey said. ‘‘Those factors alone continue to push us.’’

Ramsey said police must consider all possibilities. Abigail may have been in an accident or she may have run away, though he stressed there is no indication she did.

‘‘Then, of course, our greatest fear and the reason we push so hard and because of cases we've seen across the country, is that fear of abduction,’’ he said.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new-ham...story.html
3 Weeks Missing

Still no signs of Abby and no reported advancements in the investigation.

The community seems to be very supportive of the Hernandez family and holding out hope that Abby is alive.

Saturday, a candle light vigil was held and some of Abby's friends and members of the community made speeches; they continue to ask anyone who knows anything or may have seen anything to report it.

Abby's mom, Zenya - who until now has shied away from reporters except to issue pre-written statements because English is her second language and she's been advised not to talk to the press - spoke at the vigil and had this to say:

"We've been up and down sometimes we've been very down and sometimes we're very hopeful and very optimistic. A week ago actually I was just devastated. Like devastated. But we are very hopeful and as much as there is technology and everything else we really rely on individuals and people and what they see. And there's somebody who either saw something that they just don't think it's important and so that's why they're not reporting it. Or maybe somebody saw something and they're afraid. But I do want to say that I don't believe Abby left voluntarily. I do not."

Source:
http://nhpr.org/post/lighting-way-abigail-hernandez