Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
14 YEAR OLD KILLS MATH TEACHER - PHILIP CHISM & COLLEEN RITZER
GUILTY

The jury found Chism guilty of the rape and murder of Colleen Ritzer today, after 10 hours of deliberation. He was also convicted of aggravated robbery. He was charged as an adult.

Chism was however acquitted of second degree rape, for which he was charged as a juvenile. At trial, his attorney argued that Ritzer was dead by the time prosecutors allege he penetrated her with a stick.

[Image: article-0-18F5A5E200000578-385_306x423.jpg]
RIP Colleen Ritzer

Chism's lawyers are expected back in court in Boston tomorrow as he faces separate charges of attempted murder and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon after he allegedly attacked a state Department of Youth Services worker in June 2014 while awaiting trial.

Prosecutors in that case say Chism had been in custody at a youth detention facility in Boston when he followed a female worker into a locker room. They say he choked and beat her before other workers intervened. The unnamed worker suffered injuries to her face, jaw, neck and back.

Story and trial pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z3uRuYbIJA
(12-15-2015, 11:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Chism was however acquitted of second degree rape, for which he was charged as a juvenile. At trial, his attorney argued that Ritzer was dead by the time prosecutors allege he penetrated her with a stick.

It disgusts me that he was acquitted of that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Today, Philip Chism was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 25 years. I hope he never gets out.

Had he not been caught for killing Colleen Ritzer, I think he would have killed again. He's a cold calculating killer and I seriously doubt time in prison is going to change that.
(02-26-2016, 05:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Today, Philip Chism was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 25 years. I hope he never gets out.

Had he not been caught for killing Colleen Ritzer, I think he would have killed again. He's a cold calculating killer and I seriously doubt time in prison is going to change that.

Could be out at age 40?

Wow. Like you, I see him reoffending within weeks of a potential release.

Hope the system does its job and keeps him locked up.
(02-26-2016, 05:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Could be out at age 40?

I just read an update -- looks like the earliest he could be out is age 57. He's 17 now. He ended up getting sentenced to more years for the aggravated rape and armed robbery than he dd for the murder.

Snip:
The judge sentenced Chism to 25 years to life in prison on the murder charge and 40 years in prison each for counts of aggravated rape and armed robbery.

The sentences are to be served concurrently, meaning Chism will first be eligible for parole in 40 years.

The victim impact statements at link below are heartbreaking.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z41JdG4L6N
That's better news.

I know the circumstances of his upbringing were not good, but he committed a truly vile, heinous act, and should never see freedom again IMO.