Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You're Fat-No candy for you!
I think her house will get egged & perhaps papered up a bit.....

North Dakota woman to hand out letters to overweight trick-or-treaters
Some kids will get candy, overweight kids will get letters

FARGO, N.D. —A North Dakota woman won't be handing out treats to everyone this Halloween. Instead, she says she will be handing out letters to children who are overweight.

"Your child is, in my opinion, moderately obese and should not be consuming sugar and treats to the extent of some children this Halloween season," the letter reads.

"My hope is that you will step up as a parent and ration candy this Halloween, and not allow your child to continue these unhealthy eating habits," it continues.

Dr. Katie Gordon, who studies psychology and eating disorders, says children and adolescents are conscious of fitting in with their peers, and she warns the letter might hurt more than help.

"It's just the kind of thing that for some kids, if they're vulnerable, might trigger major problems," Gordon says.

She also says it is important to remember that one's appearance does not necessarily reflect whether or not a person has healthy eating and exercising habits.

Local residents expressed their disapproval, saying it is an issue that should be addressed by the child and his or her parents.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/north-d...z2jCpzkVi0

I'd kinda like to throw a brick through her window.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Here Duchess. Make it count!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

So you want to be there when I do it but you don't want to get your hands dirty? Fine. You drive the getaway car. You better be right there with it too because I can't laugh & run at the same time.
I wonder if she slips a business card in with it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The self righteous pretend do-gooder is a woman named Cheryl. She said in a radio interview:

"I'm contributing to their health problems and really, their kids are everybody's kids. It's a whole village."

Other people's kids are not her kids; that's just a rationalization for her to stick her nose into other parents' business. She could simply hand out sugar free candy or fruit, or just refrain from handing out treats altogether if she doesn't want to contribute to the perceived health problems of others. BUT, then, she wouldn't be getting any attention.

Or, maybe I'm just sort-sighted. Maybe Cheryl will end up spurring the vast slimming down of America, appearing on Dr. Phil, winning the President's annual physical fitness award, and improving the health of overweight kids from sea to shining sea - one rejection letter at a time....
(10-30-2013, 10:01 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Or, maybe I'm just sort-sighted.

No. Your first comment was spot on.
(10-30-2013, 09:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:

So you want to be there when I do it but you don't want to get your hands dirty? Fine. You drive the getaway car. You better be right there with it too because I can't laugh & run at the same time.

I will certainly drive the getaway car. Woo hoo! We on a roll!

This lady will get her house egged for giving out those letters.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Maybe it would be more effective for everyon to write her a letter detailing all the ways she falls short of being a decent human being. Since she clearly feels entitled to point out the shortcomings of others she won't mind hearing about her own. Wonder what her address is?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Aside from this woman being judge and jury for everybodys kids....did she go to the press and let them know she was going to do this. Stupid people, and their need for 15 minutes of shame deserve any bad things that happen to them in the fallout.
Now the whole fucking
town is going to hate her. I
hope it was worth it to her.
She needs her house egged
nightly!!! That shit is a bitch to get off anything.

Even my boss was talking about this story. Her comments were similar to all of yours.

I have another bitch about Halloween/trick-or-treating. When I was a kid we did it on the 31st, in recent years around here they have been doing it on a Saturday night. I don't have to like this, I don't have kids doing it nor do any come here but I disagree with it. Trick-or-treating is for October 31st, regardless of what day it falls on. Don't give me any shit about school nights or anything else.
All I know is the little runny nosed gnomes are getting the crappy candy at first and when it comes time for the good stuff, they each get "one".

Did you know there is an app for finding the areas that give out all the better candy? How the hell did anyone find that info anyways. Maybe at the stores that sell the candy and they ask for a zip code? Or you use a store card. WTF!
I'm going to give out a combo of boxed raisins and dirty pennies. It's not to do the fat kids any favors though. I'm well aware they'll eat the raisins as a last resort when every thing else is gone and spend the pennies on candy at the corner store.
(10-30-2013, 07:22 PM)sally Wrote: I'm going to give out a combo of boxed raisins and dirty pennies. It's not to do the fat kids any favors though. I'm well aware they'll eat the raisins as a last resort when every thing else is gone and spend the pennies on candy at the corner store.

You know your house is going to get egged too, right? The raisins are bad enough but you can't buy shit with a few pennies anymore.

I give out candy. It's up to the fatties parents to grab the bag when they get home and decide how much the kid can eat or if they're going to go trade it in to a local dentist (we have a few around here that will give you a quarter per pound of candy or something). Not my business.

Besides, the fat kids make mine look better in gym class and on the presidential fitness tests and stuff.
Commando Cunt Queen
They're calling it a hoax now. I got suspicious when they wouldn't exactly identify who the woman was but seemed to know an awful lot of detail about her motivation. Trololololol....and every media outlet got hooked.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Here's the radio interview with "Cheryl":

Hoax or not? IDK, probably.

But, there are enough know-it-all buttinskies out there to make it believable.
Reminds me of the lady who called in about the deer crossing signs being dangerous placed on high speed roads!
http://www.webpronews.com/donna-the-deer...or-2012-10
I miss cannongal.........she lived near me and I hope she is OK.

I wonder about her too.