Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
IRAQ NEEDS HELP (WARNING: GRAPHIC PIX)
HotD, it's probably a male/female thing as far as the definition of 'fun' in blowing someone up.

Take Al-Qaeda for example.

Im guessing more men than women would take satisfaction in flying a Cobra helicopter over a convoy of those creeps (or Taliban for that matter) and pulling the trigger on them.

Now, it I had the USS GEORGE H.W. BUSH at my disposal imagine what the forces of good could accomplish.

So, don't worry HotD.

I didn't expect you to understand.

People will think you're
I'm not worried a bit, MS.

And, I think I understand you just fine according to what you post. You said, "that's why we don't do it...." If I was wrong in inferring that your "we" was in reference to the United States (of which I'm a citizen) and you meant some other "we", by all means, correct my misconception.

As for whether most men would consider it fun to blow certain other human beings to smithereens, I can't say or speak for them -- can't speak for most women either, for that matter.

I'm just speaking for myself.

On a completely unrelated note, it was cool for me to see the Spurs take the NBA title this year -- some of their players are very close to retirement and have put in a lot of good years -- fun and interesting season all the way around.

P.s. "People might think you're..." You lost me; but it doesn't matter. People might think a lot of things. So long as they're actually thinking and speaking for themselves, that's a good thing, IMO.
If the citizenry wishes to be oppressed, let them be oppressed.

If they want freedom, let them fight and die for their cause.

I'm tired of the cries of "victimization" by the US, throughout the world.

If the US is to be involved, I'd support the sending of only two people . . . Dono and aussie.

Dono can use his powers of behavior modification to enlighten the masses to tolerance via Western Political Correctness.

Aussie can consider this her "residency" and apply all of her new-found knowledge to heal the suffering . . . physically and mentally.

And it would keep her off the bottle, too.

Today was a rather gloomy one. I was a victim of...me and daily life...BUT, I survived!!!!.

[Image: winner_gold_medal_md_wm.jpg]

Now, I'm cracking up.

Which only goes to prove -- while the Shiite may hit the fan, the Sunni will come out...
(06-17-2014, 11:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: On a completely unrelated note, it was cool for me to see the Spurs take the NBA title this year -- some of their players are very close to retirement and have put in a lot of good years -- fun and interesting season all the way around.

How good was Paddy Mills? Champion!
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-18-2014, 12:00 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: If the citizenry wishes to be oppressed, let them be oppressed.

If they want freedom, let them fight and die for their cause.

What if the US wants oil?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
To be honest, I haven't said 'smithereens' in ages.

That was 'fun' too.

Spurs were really, really good.

So much depth.

Now, I'm working on my 'Hidden 80's playlist for the night.

I've started with Mike & The Mechanics 'Silent Running' (album cut), following up with The Outfield 'Since You've Been Gone'.

I'll keep everyone posted.
#3 Talking Heads 'Slippery People'

#4 Bronski Beat 'Smalltown Boy'
(06-18-2014, 12:28 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: . . . I haven't said 'smithereens' in ages.

Now, I'm working on my 'Hidden 80's playlist for the night.

May I suggest: A Girl Like You and Behind the Wall of Sleep
A Girl Like You- Edwin somebdyorother?

I have that one, believe it or not.

#5 Power Station 'Some Like It Hot'
#6 Bryan Adams- 'Somebody'
#7 Glass Tiger - 'Someday'
#8 Level 42 'Something About You'

Still in the 'S' s
(06-18-2014, 12:15 AM)crash Wrote: How good was Paddy Mills? Champion!

Really effin' good little point guard, he is. I think the Knicks are gonna wrangle him up for next season.

(06-18-2014, 12:28 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: ...The Outfield 'Since You've Been Gone'.

Big thumbs up. I love that song..."I'm outta my head, can't take it".

And, since you're a people-smitherin' bad-ass like no other (yet still can't shoot up a Youtube video), I'll do the shootin' for you, MS.

The power is in my hands though, so I'm blasting the Rainbow version.

^ first time I'd heard that version.

How about Street Of Dreams?

Edit: I believe they're 2 different tunes HotD.

I have heard this one before ^

Great song.
It's a completely different song, MS.

Same title, is all. Rainbow's "Since You've Been Gone" came out long before The Outfield came to be. It's the Rainbow song that I love.

I don't really care for The Outfield song, but since I care for you and I'm scared effin' shitless that you might try to blow me to smithereens if I defy you, here ya go...

Now, stop ruthlessly power-playing me, would ya?
You're funny and cute HotD.

But I promise, no more pervy commentary directed your way.

Now, on with the countdown:

#9 .38 Special 'If I'd Been The One'
#10 The Cult ' Fire Woman'
Your harmless suburban perviness cracks me up, so I don't care who you do or don't unleash the perv upon.

It's just fun mock material -- that's all; pretty sure that's why you keep it up, mostly. But, I could be wrong -- happens all the time.

Anyway, long day and still working here, so can't post more videos right now, but I'll post the ones you listed in the Living in The Past thread shortly.
So, a free perv-pass?

Duly noted.

Ha!

#11 Nu Shooz. I Can't Wait
#12 Huey Lewis I Know What I Like
#13 Don Henley. I Will Not Go Quietly
#14 Billy Idol. Flesh For Fantasy
#15 Bad English. Forget Me Not
(06-18-2014, 12:16 AM)crash Wrote: What if the US wants oil?

I don't believe the US is dependent on Iraqi oil. Let Europe deal with the thugs if they want to keep the spigot flowing.

However, if Canada and Mexico start getting all pissy and demanding, that's a different ballgame.

(06-18-2014, 12:43 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: A Girl Like You- Edwin somebdyorother?
Still in the 'S' s

Sweet naked baby Jesus!

Both A Girl Like You and Behind the Wall of Sleep are by the Smithereens.
^ oops

#16 Night Ranger. 'Goodbye'
#17 ZZ Top. Got Me Under Pressure
#18 Fleeteood Mac. Gypsy
#19. U2. Bad
#20. Men At Work. Be Good Johnny
#21 Scandal. Beat Of A Heart