Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sad but True
I found this pic and thought we all might get a laugh out of it. That or it just might piss you off to see a Marine getting wet just so Obummer can stay dry.

[Image: 1461863_10151877750852740_1261761808_n_zpsae605447.jpg]
hah I find a lot of those memes are very witty and clever. I wonder though if those who take exception to the marine getting wet would do the same if he were holding it over the head of JFK in the sixties or Reagan in the seventies/eighties?

As I get older, I notice that people have less respect for the leader of their country if it's not the side they chose. Or even if it is, when times get hard. I think that is aiding the erosion of the moral fibre of society.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Personally I feel the Prez should hold his own damn umbrella. No, I dont like O, but that dont make a dif. It could be him, Bush 1 or 2, Clinton, Carter or even JFK. I say Hold the thing yourself. Its a umbrella for christs sake.

Umbrella-gate!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
He, nor the marine, probably had a choice in the matter. It's more than likely some kind of ceremonial tradition or bullshit protocol.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

He was in the middle of a press conference with a Prime Minister in one of the White House gardens when a sudden shower was upon them. I'm not reading too much into it. He's the President hosting a foreign dignitary and it began to rain.
Well obviously he needs to be able to point and wave his hands around while he is addressing an audience hah

I'm sure there's better things to nitpick the POTUS about than holding an umbrella ffs
Thats right I am nit picking.LOL! FFS The queen of england can hold her own umbrella but he cant?
Yeah. Let's forget about the hundreds of royal guards that wait on her hand and foot in her own country. Open every door for her, stand in the fucking cold without being allowed to so much as even move, wipe her arse blah blah..

I bet if she was speaking, the umbrella would have been held for her too.

It made Sarah Palin's head spin. Never mind that someone dug up some pix of her having an umbrella held. *snicker*

In all seriousness, this umbrella bullshit REALLY pissed some people off.

There was a brief moment where some conservative were trying to make a scandal out of the President's moment in the rain on Thursday. But unfortunately that scandal died before it could really take off. During his Thursday press conference with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan, a Marine corporal held an umbrella over the President's head to protect him from the rain. There were many problems with this, according to a select group of people.

It all started, as these things do, with a Daily Caller post on Friday. They correctly pointed out that according to Marine Corps uniform regulations umbrellas are strictly off limits for male Marines. Female marines are allowed to carry umbrellas under some very strict guidelines, but male Marines are taught from the beginning that they are not, under any circumstances, to be caught carrying an umbrella. "Obama expects our troops to hold damn umbrellas rather than go inside: It's disrespectful, inconsiderate, classless," Lou Dobbs added over Twitter. "Mr. President, when it rains it pours, but most Americans hold their own umbrellas," Sarah Palin said at the beginning of a long Facebook post.

Yes, the Marines are often forced to get wet while standing outside the White House because they cannot hold an umbrella. Yes, the Marine Corps uniform regulations state a Marine cannot hold an umbrella. But Marine spokesman Capt. Eric Flanagan explained to the Washington Post that, according to Title 10 of the U.S. Code, Marines must "perform such other duties as the President may direct." So when the President asks you to hold an umbrella over his head, you hold an umbrella over his head.

It didn't matter that there's a long history of Marines and Secret Service members holding umbrellas for the President, no matter which side of the aisle they represent. It also didn't matter that there are easily discoverable pictures of Sarah Palin having an umbrella held for her.

Story
Fuck it, its all cool. Its just a umbrella. Peace out man.

[Image: funny-barack-obama_zps60c68f3e.jpeg]

Hahahaha!

I think if he would have been at the podium by himself he may have held it. I say that for a couple of reasons - no man wants an umbrella held for him, Obama is a physical guy, he can deal with it and I really do believe he would have held his own, also, guests follow a host's lead, the Prez couldn't let a visiting dignitary hold his own, it just isn't done.
C'mon, he's the freakin President fer Christ sake!

[Image: h1AC637FD]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I want one of those in my car!

...on second thought, I'd just forget it in the house like I do now. I'll take a Marine instead.
When the commander in chief of the armed forces says “hold that umbrella over me marine” you shut the fuck up and do as you are fucking told just like you do the rest of the time you little grunt!

Its not like he's stepping down onto the backs of marines on all fours when he's getting off his helicopter is it? Like the Persian emperor in the film 300.

Jesus, try having some perspective for fucks sake!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
This story is such bullshit.

To have Sarah Palin saying anything about it makes me wanna puke.

Whether it was the President, a general or just your C.O., if they want you to hold an umbrella, you hold an umbrella.

If it was Bush having the umbrella held for him, I doubt that a bunch of liberals would be saying anything.

The Tea Partiers are fucking embarrassing.
(11-14-2013, 06:00 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: The Tea Partiers are fucking embarrassing.

I hear/read Republicans say that frequently.
Who even knows if the President asked for the umbrella. There must be a dozen handlers around him at any given time. Any one of them might have asked the marine to hold the stupid umbrella over his head (and apparently the other guy had his own marine umbrella too).

[Image: obama_umbrellas_yhoo-thumb-600x379-12840.jpg]
Commando Cunt Queen
I think it looks gay, I mean it really does but they are royalty, at least in their minds. Myself, I would not let them do it and would probably hold the umbrella over their heads both figuratively and physically. If not for anything but to show humility. Being humble towards your own country and strong in foreign affairs goes a long way in perception by your fellow countrymen. But it was never really about that was it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Effin' Obama - did he not learn from the great umbrella scandals of those before him? He should probably be impeached over this.

Ronald Reagan, what a pompous tool. And, Nancy - look what that arrogant bitch got away with! Who the hell does she think she is anyway?
[Image: NRSTRAYSFROMRR.jpg]

And that snooty fag, George Bush, Sr. No words....
[Image: bush-i-umbrella.jpg]

I mean, how many more times should we, the people, be expected to put up with yet another US President allowing a service person to make a small gesture in order to avoid having this happen during a public outing or speech?
[Image: AP04060107958.jpg]

Sarah Palin and all of the town criers are right - it's a god damned outrage!
[Image: umbrella-sp.jpg]

Citizens unite... Perhaps presidents should be required to wear hoodies at all public engagements? That could put an end to the rampant umbrella-holding abuse that military and public servants have been suffering at the hands of politicians for decades. Just a thought...