Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JAMISON FAMILY - Found Dead 4 years After Vanishing?
BODIES DISCOVERED:
The Jamison Family and their dog went missing in Oklahoma just over 4 years ago, in October 2009. I followed the case, but not as closely as the McStay case.

Oklahoma authorities are working to positively ID the remains of 3 bodies found yesterday a few miles south of Kinta, near Red Oak, where a vehicle belonging to the couple and their 6-year-old daughter was found abandoned; it's highly likely that the bodies are those of the Jamisons.

[Image: jamison-324x205.jpg]
Sherilyn, Bobby and Madyson Jamison

Like the McStays, the Jamison family was there one minute, and vanished the next, never to be seen or heard from again. Like the McStays, nobody reported the family missing for over a week. Like the McStays, their vehicle was found a few days later.

STRANGE CIRCUMSTANCES:
Inside the Jamison's truck, authorities found their dog - almost dead - along with a hidden stash of cash totaling $30,000, guns, their cell phones, their wallets with IDs, some of their clothing and shoes, etc...

Like the McStays, LE concluded that there were no signs of a struggle inside the truck or around the truck. LE initially leaned towards the family getting lost on the mountain, or a murder-suicide plan, or a drug deal gone bad, or a voluntary disappearance (but why leave all that cash and the dog in the truck then?)... The investigation never led to anything conclusive.

It never made any sense no matter how you looked at it.

Their friends and family members claim that the Jamisons went to look at property that they wanted to buy that day. However, there have always been rumors that the couple was involved with meth, which their family denies. Meth or no meth, they were a very weird couple who had odd drama in their lives, Sherilyn had made threats against neighbors whom she accused of killing her cat (claiming that she was a witch in the process), they'd just pulled their daughterl outta school and were threatening some kind of suit, etc..

SEARCH AND SPECULATION:
Over 300 searchers looked for the Jamisons in the mountainous terrain, without luck.

The Jamison story has been the subject of a fair bit of internet sleuthing for over four years, with many figuring the family was in Witness Protection and more figuring it was a drug deal gone bad.

Hopefully, the discovery of the bodies will provide some clues and ultimate resolution of the mystery.

Ref:
http://www.newson6.com/story/23993442/os...ople-found
ID Discovery "Disappeared" episode, Paradise Lost (Jamison Family)

=================================

So, what are the odds that just days after the McStay family of 4 was located in shallow graves in California, the Jamisons' bodies were located under similar circumstances - after relatively no movement in either investigation for four long years?

Full family disappearances are very very rare altogether. The close time proximity of the two families' disappearances, added to the close time proximity of the remains discoveries, strikes me as pretty unbelievable.

Could just be coincidences, but maybe there's some connection between the cases?

Will be following closely.
One family disappears in October of 2009 the other in February of 2010.

If it was a guy like Keyes that did it, why would he leave the cash?

He needed money, and that's what got him busted in the death of the girl from Alaska. Using her ATM card down in Texas I believe?

I don't know what to make of the McStay case. Killing little kids takes a special type of psycho (like Keyes). Contract killing? Mom was a witness to criminal activity at one time?

I'll be interested to see what the outcome of these cases is.
I don't think Keyes is a strong possibility as the killer of either or both families, but consider it a stronger possibility than I would have in the past - given where the remains were found and the timing of the disappearances.

It's as inexplicable that drug dealers (or any other killer, for that matter) would have left all that cash in the truck as it is for a cash-poor serial killer to have done so. But, the money in the Jamisons' truck was hidden in or under a seat, IIRC. So, if they were killed, the killer likely didn't know it existed.

I'm very anxious to learn the manner of death on this one. No disrespect to the missing or dead, but I don't think Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison were right in the heads. Their actions and beliefs before they vanished lead me to believe drugs or mental illness contributed to their disappearance and/or death. They were both on disability, unable to work - not really sure how they came up with all that cash in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if they really did go to check out land and got lost in the rugged mountain terrain and perished. Nor would I be surprised if it turns out they were killed by drug dealers, or if it was a murder-suicide. I think that they were delusional or paranoid before they vanished and could have been running from something (real or imagined), or just decided to leave this world and take Mady with them. The money and the dog being left in the truck doesn't make much sense under that scenario, but I don't think they were sensible thinkers at the time. All JMO.

Anyway, IF this turns out to be homicide, checking out Keyes and ruling him in or out of the suspect pool would be logical, to me. He got around and he liked to lure couples to remote locations. He told FBI investigators that he wouldn't target families with kids and dogs (once he had a daughter), but he liked to taunt and troll LE. Some of what he said was true, and some of what he said was deceptive.
Suspects: The Father, the Uncle, the Best Friend, the Religious Cult, the Wife, the Missing Brief Case holder...?

The remains still have not been identified.

This is a good short article for anyone following or interested in the case. It contains some information that was unknown to me previously and demonstrates just what a twisted case this must be for LE to navigate.

http://newsok.com/jamison-family-was-thr...le/3909260

Strange days, indeed...
REMAINS FINALLY POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED AS JAMISON FAMILY

LATIMER COUNTY, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner has positively identified the remains of three people found in rural Latimer County last November.

The ME says the remains are those of Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison and their 6-year-old daughter, Madyson Stormy Star Jamison.

Deer hunters found the remains on November 16, 2013, less than three miles from where the family disappeared in October of 2009.

The family hadn't been seen since October 9, 2009 when they were looking at land for a possible purchase.

The family's truck was found in the area, but no one ever found any sign of them.

The ME says the cause of death is unknown, because of incomplete skeletal remains, and the manner of death is unknown, as well.

The ME says the final report on the case is not yet ready for release.

http://www.newson6.com/story/25936013/me...since-2009
A few updates to this one.

On October 17, 2009, Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison's truck is found abandoned on a dirt road in Oklahoma's remote San Bois Mountains. They and their 6-year-old daughter Madyson are nowhere to be found. Along with the Jamisons' coats, wallets, GPS device, and cell phones, investigators find the family dog in the truck, barely clinging to life. They are stunned to discover a bank bag hidden in the truck that contains $32,000 in cash.

As they look more deeply into the Jamison's lives, police find a series of perplexing clues, each pointing in different and increasingly unusual directions: Could the large amount of cash found in the truck signal that the Jamisons were involved in illicit drug trafficking? Did a hostile 11-page letter written by Sherilyn to her husband indicate that this was a murder-suicide? A missing .22 caliber pistol adds to the immediate concerns of law enforcement.

The leads become downright bizarre when a local pastor tells investigators that Bobby and Sherilyn apparently believed that their lakeside home was inhabited by spirits. A revenge theory comes to light after police learn that a man living with the Jamisons threatened Sherilyn's life, and was forced to leave at gunpoint.

link
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.