Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
REPURPOSING...DECORATING IDEAS HERE!
HotD, I think your decorating if fabulous. I remember you one time posted a pic of a room where the paint seemed too bright for my tastes but I don't see it in any of the pics above (oh wait, never mind, it's the green room that I can't get my head around). Smiley_emoticons_slash I still think it all pulls together beautifully.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-26-2013, 04:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Okay, a couple of repurposing shots.

I've got a very old house with really small rooms. All the closet doors were taken out and replaced with wooden beads so the minimal floor space is maximized. Since my discretionary income is minimal too, I work with what I already have and know it's not everybody's idea of style, but it's functional and comfortable for me.

[Image: DSCF0539_zps15f64f2b.jpg?t=1385496282]
-The coffee table is an old bench that I spray painted.
-The table/desk in the corner is my first computer desk from the 90s, spray painted. It holds tons of books and albums.
-The rug is a blanket my friend gave me for Christmas years ago - tacked at the corners with double sided tape.
-The red chair seat cover hides a big rip and is just a table napkins affixed using spray glue (that stuff is godly, keeps things held in place, but then they pull right up if you wanna replace or reposition them).

[Image: DSCF0541_zpsa3ee31bb.jpg?t=1385496439]
-This is my futon bed when company visits - head board is an old dresser frame.
-The side table to the left is an old step ladder with a shelf. It and the bucket that holds whatever books I'm reading are both spray painted.
-In the right corner, you can see my purple wig, pink cowboy hat, and white mesh dress (haha, sometimes private dress up is fun) in the next room - that's all hanging on a broken floor lamp.

[Image: DSCF0535_zps9d7735bb.jpg?t=1385495831]
-Hanging over the sofa are the doors to the entertainment hutch which is against the wall across from the sofa.
-The red lamp shade is kinda faded at the bottom, but it's hidden with an old scarf belt (c'mon, everybody had one!) held in place with a long hoop necklace.

[Image: DSCF0530_zpsffa76f40.jpg?t=1385496107]
The turn table sits on top of a bar stool covered with a blanket that has sentimental value.

I'm all clucked out!

Your house looks nice, a little bit like the lair of a serial killer but in general pretty good.

It would look even better with new furniture.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Yeah, CN, but those old sleeper sofas are great for hiding the bodies.

Repurposing...
I like your decorating style HotD, but my family would have your place trashed in 2 seconds, your throw pillows would be all over the floor and the baby would take all your knick knacks. That's why I keep my place cold, sterile and empty like my personality. There isn't much for them to mess up.

[Image: DSC00459.jpg]

You're kiddin', right? Nothing on the walls? No coffee table? No end tables, magazines, plants, flowers, etc.? You just have that couch in your living room? It's a beautiful piece of furniture but that's it? I'm aware that you prefer a minimalistic look, I guess I just didn't think it would be so minimal. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That was my living room until I came home one day and found the arm of the couch and the chair ripped up. The blinds were also torn down. They tore it up so bad that I had to just throw it all out in the trash, you couldn't even cover the holes up with blankets. The dogs had a good time that day I guess, I should have taken them all to the fucking pound. This is it now with last years Christmas tree.

[Image: 012-1.jpg]
(11-27-2013, 03:02 PM)sally Wrote: I like your decorating style HotD, but my family would have your place trashed in 2 seconds, your throw pillows would be all over the floor and the baby would take all your knick knacks. That's why I keep my place cold, sterile and empty like my personality. There isn't much for them to mess up.

[Image: DSC00459.jpg]

I'm not being funny here but....where's all your stuff? Plants? Art? Ornaments? Family photos? A room is there to be lived in its not a piece of minimalist conceptual art in a gallery. That looks like the kind of room an OCD serial killer would sit in just staring at the wall planning his next murder.

There are solitary confinement cells in high security prisons that are more warm and welcoming than that.

Jesus.

You've shown me a whole new side to your personality, ergo you don't appear to have one.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(11-27-2013, 08:43 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yeah, CN, but those old sleeper sofas are great for hiding the bodies.

Repurposing...

The table with all the lit candles on it looks a bit like some kind of satanic alter.
I actually did add glass tables and one picture to that room at one point, but the dogs chewed up the legs of the glass tables so I had to throw those away too. It's pointless for me to have anything, if it's not the dogs fucking it up it's the kids. If I had it my way the house would be completely empty.

[Image: 4dc3b2f9.jpg]
Did you not bother house training your dogs?

Or your kids for that matter?

Dogs and kids running wild in a house is not normal you know? If a woman said to me “my kids and dogs run wild in the house and destroy everything not nailed down”. I would feel inclined to pay a visit to her house in a professional capacity.
(11-27-2013, 04:15 PM)sally Wrote: [Image: 4dc3b2f9.jpg]

Max! 75
He makes me sick.

Please go drink a beer or seven. You sound grouchy.
(11-27-2013, 03:02 PM)sally Wrote: There isn't much for them to mess up.

I get the attraction there.

With another person and 2 cats living here now, it's amazing how much "stuff" just gets in the way. With a family of five and pets, I can see where keeping your space completely open makes a lot of sense.

Love the layout and size of rooms in your house; especially your kitchen. The warmth of older houses attracts me, but the layout in mine is so damned boxy. Even when I get rid of a bunch of shit, the rooms still look full. Work in progress.
I had like new white couches that I sold as soon as my kids started crawling. I bought a natural brown leather and love seat instead which my then two year old daughter decided to decorate with a ball point pen.

Children are the debil. Fuck all this time out shit. I should have crate trained mine.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-27-2013, 06:23 PM)sally Wrote: He makes me sick.

I think he's darling & I've thought so since the very first time I saw him.

If you ever want to get rid of him, I'll come & get him. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(11-27-2013, 09:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: With another person and 2 cats living here now,

WTF....I was not informed of this. Totally unacceptable HotD...my hopes and dreams are shattered. Sigh....what a way to start off the holiday season.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(11-28-2013, 10:27 AM)thekid65 Wrote: WTF....I was not informed of this. Totally unacceptable HotD...my hopes and dreams are shattered. Sigh....what a way to start off the holiday season.

It's her niece, you boob. hah
(11-28-2013, 10:27 AM)thekid65 Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 09:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: With another person and 2 cats living here now,

WTF....I was not informed of this. Totally unacceptable HotD...my hopes and dreams are shattered. Sigh....what a way to start off the holiday season.

My niece moved up to SF and has lived with me for 4 months now. Latte and Jay, her crazy cats, came with the kid.

You're outta the loop, man. Outta the loop.

I try to lure you back into the halls of Mock every now and again by comparing you to Jack-In-The-Box tacos and spreading rumors that you're an indentured servant + sex slave to a bunch of mean crazy Mormon women - the typical bait.

You keep playing hard to get... There's only so much rejection a woman can take (before she's forced to really mock the hell outta you behind your back).

Happy Thanksgiving, Kid. Smiley_emoticons_bussi Enjoy your visit with your mom.

Hope to see you around here more over the holidays if you have some time off.
(11-28-2013, 10:27 AM)thekid65 Wrote: WTF....I was not informed of this. Totally unacceptable HotD...my hopes and dreams are shattered. Sigh....what a way to start off the holiday season.

Never mind kid you can always hump my leg instead if you're horny.

Lol.

(Edited to add “lol” because there are still some retards in here who think mean everything I say)