Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
THANKSGIVING WEEK

It's a holiday week, Mockers, aren't you excited?

Tell me your plans, I'm interested in what your week will consist of. Do you have family coming in or are you going to them? If you're cooking dinner, what's on the menu?

Are there things in your life that you're thankful for or are you just a sour bitch who finds fault with every goddamn thing and Thanksgiving is nothing more than one big fuckin' chore?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Obviously, we don't have thanksgiving on this side of the planet, but my daughters are both coming home for the summer break (well most of it anyway) this weekend, so Ima fuss over them this weekend.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I spent the weekend cleaning and prepping my patio kitchen and getting it ready. We have about 20 people coming Thursday so I have a lot of prep to get done.
Shopping tomorrow for the feast, this is MY Holiday and I really enjoy putting it together. House keeper will be there today and wed helping get the tables set up, glass all ready and the table setup.
I'll start cooking wed evening, probably done about midnight, then back out there in the am to get the rest done, dinner about 1pm.
I'll be smoking a Big butterball and frying 2. Smoking a pork shoulder and several cheeses for appetizers.
Making a big pan of dressing, giblet gravy and a gluten free peach cobbler.
Others will be bringing the other sides.
There will be many bottles of good wines and other tasty beverages of my own making.
Working today and Tuesday, hopefully not so mush Wed.
Have the week off from work, not gonna do a fucking thing except decorate house for Christmas later on. Thanksgiving dinner at Moms residence (retirement community) where everything is cooked. served buffet style, and cleaned up afterwards. Love it!
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(11-25-2013, 10:46 AM)thekid65 Wrote: decorate house for Christmas later on.

You'll post pix, right?
Working, spending time with two of my nieces and some friends, eating too much, cleaning up flood damage downstairs, and preparing for the roof to cave in next or something.

Aside from feeling like I'm living in the Money Pit house sometimes, I'm thankful for everything in my life.
Off work this week. My usual holiday tradition. Will just be 4 of us. Hubby, me and two cousins who do not have family up here. It will be fun. But with the other 3 people in the house being football loving men, it will be on me to do all the clean up after dinner. But I guess I will be OK with that,
Going to be a lot of snow this week.
We brave the "Cold" here in NE, so as to continue our tradition of having Thanksgiving dinner at our house for our family & a few close friends.
Plenty to eat, (too much to list) drink, & be merry.

Then, 4 days after Thanksgiving we are hightailing it outta here to the SUN shine state! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Did my downstairs housecleaning earlier this week and Celebrated Thanksgiving with the family yesterday. There were 10 of us. My two oldest brothers brought all the food so mom,me and roktar didn't have to do the cooking. We had turkey,cheesy potatos, almond green beans, squash, corn, cranberry jelly, stuffing, apple pie with ice cream, and chocolate chip cookies. Oh and for appetizers we had pigs in a blanket. Have plenty of leftovers except for stuffing so on Thursday I just need to make stuffing, sit back and relax and watch the Macy's parade and or movie marathons.
How do you make your stuffing, Clang or anyone else? Mine is never anything to write home about.
I'm cooking for just us so far, but my husband likes to invite people over at the last minute. I don't mind the extra people, but it would be nice to know how much food I need to make ahead of time.
(11-25-2013, 01:42 PM)sally Wrote: likes to invite people over at the last minute.

That's how it happens here too & I never mind either, the more the merrier. It's almost always guys so I don't feel pressed to hangout with them after dinner.
I'm cooking for me, the boys and Matt and Leah. I'm making lasagna tomorrow night per Matt's request. I'm thankful that Mike will get to eat a little bit of mashed potato on TG. Hopefully that will go well and we can introduce some other soft foods. I promised Mike I would make the dinner again when he can eat all of it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(11-25-2013, 01:39 PM)sally Wrote: How do you make your stuffing, Clang or anyone else? Mine is never anything to write home about.

I don't roast my birds preferring to Fry or Smoke them, so my stuffing doesn't get stuffed in the bird and cooked, therefore its Dressing.
All the ingredients are cooked separately then mixed together and heated through.
2 packages of Peperidge Farm Herb bread crumbs
2 packages each of Yellow and White Cornbread
1 large bunch of celery
1 large onion
2 cans cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cans cream of celery soup
1 can chicken broth
Black pepper
White pepper
Sage
Poultry seasoning
cook the cornbread according to directions
Finely chop the celery and onion and sauté together until translucent
crumble the cornbread and the bread crumbs together
Add a teaspoon of pepper and sage and poultry seasoning and mix all the dry ingredients together
then stir in 1 can of each soup (heated up) to see where your moisture is, then add the second can, or add some chicken broth.
Season to taste and heat through.

WARNING, this is a Huge batch of dressing, cut in half if you have a small to medium crowd

You can add in sausage, boiled eggs, mushrooms or whatever you like if wanted.
(11-25-2013, 02:09 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: 2 packages each of Yellow and White Cornbread

Do you make the cornbread from those packages or do you just empty the packages into the mix?
make them according to the package, when cooked let them cool then crumble into the mix with the bread crumbs
I'm pretty sure he prepares the cornbread according to the package directions first and then crumbles it into the mix. I like the idea of the cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup in there. I use canned soup for a few casseroles and crock pot recipes I have and it always comes out good, no one knows there is canned soup in there.
(11-25-2013, 01:39 PM)sally Wrote: How do you make your stuffing, Clang or anyone else? Mine is never anything to write home about.
Sausage, celery, onions, raisins, bread crumbs. And I think that is it. Tbh I'm more of the cooking assistant when it comes to making the stuffing. I fetch/stir and my mom cooks/mixes the stuff. Maybe this year I'll try to be more observant of the cooking process.

Do mine mom's way. Make the same amount, more or less, if it does not all fit I just put some in a casserole dish and bake separately

2 loaves white bread, dried out and broken up. Couple pounds fresh Italian sausage. Celery (usually 2-3 stalks. The giblets (and yes, we eat them), cooked then cut up. Sage, chicken or turkey broth

I cut the sausage out of the casing and fry it up. Cut the giblets up and cook them in with the sausage. Also chop up the celery into it as well. Season with the sage. The seasoning from the sausage adds good flavor. Let the hot stuff cool, then mix with the bread. Add some broth for wetness. Stuff as much as I can up into the bird, and cook.
How stuffing the turkey can be a recipe for food poisoning.
For many, it is the highlight of Christmas Day. But preparing and eating a turkey dinner can also be one of the most dangerous things you do over the holiday season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...z2lhJbtXY3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This isn't so much of a myth as it is a warning. Salmonella enterocolitis, or salmonellosis, is an infection in the lining of the small intestine caused by the bacteria salmonella

http://www.uamshealth.com/?id=868&sid=1

Thoughts, comments ??