Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Christmas is..........
It'll be quiet here, too. I'm really looking forward to it.

My niece finishes her first semester on Dec. 19th and she's taking the Greyhound to visit her family for 10 days a couple of days later.

We were gonna get a tree, but her cats are nuts (I've fallen in like with the little bastards though) and they already knock everything over, so we're just going with my traditional table-top again.

Planning to do the usual delivery of Christmas cookies to clients without family (tricky making them considering all the dietary restrictions - this year I'm ordering pre-mades on-line) on the 23rd, dinner with a few people that I love here on Christmas day, and working my ass off to get a lot of things done at the business and around the house while I have the time to myself.

Taking off for a couple of days to visit my mom at my older sister's house for New Year's again this year.

Christmas and New Year's all flow together for me and mostly mean taking time to show the people that I care about that I appreciate them, and committing myself to make improvements over the next year (though too many of my resolutions get pushed from one year to the next).

It's always quiet here on Christmas. I'm taking the week off between Christmas & New Years and I can hardly wait. I daydream about it everyday. I may go up to the Poconos for a couple days but nothing is set in stone yet.

There is so much food around this time of year and it's all the good stuff that's very bad. Yeah. Oxymoron I know.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-12-2013, 01:34 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Yes. The little girl considered them close friends and welcomed his affection. Sex is not something 6 year old children even consider or have a concept of. The Principal is characterizing the boy's conduct unfairly and with prejudice.

Well that's ridiculous then, the authorities sexualising something that isn't in any way sexual.

A kiss on the cheek is fuck all.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Just saw that the school dropped the sexual harassment complaint against the 6 year-old-boy and he is back in class. Good news. I thought "sexual harassment" claims were silly in this case.

According to the CNN report, the boy's mother acknowledges that he has been in trouble before for rough housing and trying to kiss the same girl (on whom he has a crush). She's happy with the school board's decision to back off, of course.

But, the little girl's mom says she's unhappy about it because the boy constantly tries to kiss the girl against her will and she's had to repeatedly coach her daughter on how to avoid unwanted touching. The complaint against the boy came as a result of multiple kisses, not just the last one on the hand.

If what the girl's mom says is true, I hope the little boy's parents can help him understand personal boundaries before he gets older and finds himself in real trouble.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/12/us/six-yea...?hpt=ju_c2
(12-12-2013, 04:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, the little girl's mom says she's unhappy about it because the boy constantly tries to kiss the girl against her will and she's had to repeatedly coach her daughter on how to avoid unwanted touching. The complaint against the boy came as a result of multiple kisses, not just the last one on the hand.

That was my central concern, if that's true that's totally unacceptable.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.