Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
THE NEW CRAIGSLIST KILLERS
Busy few weeks for killers luring their victims to their deaths with adverts on Craigslist.

These are their stories.

HONEY-MOONIN' IN PA

Last week, a newlywed couple lured a man to a meeting spot when he answered an ad by a woman offering "companionship", at a price of course. The woman hooked the fish at the meeting spot and then they drove off together.

When they stopped to engage in that "companionship", the woman's husband popped up from under a blanket in the back seat. The woman stabbed the victim repeatedly while her husband choked him with a cord,

After being tracked down via the victim's last text exchanges (not very bright killlers), the couple made up a lame self-defense story which fell apart rapidly and then confessed. Their motive: thrills; they wanted to kill someone and it was their 3 week anniversary present to each other.

[Image: matrimonio-asesino.jpg]
The confessed Killers - Miranda and Elytte Barbour

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzq0jkbaiMygg4E8Et-Ir...moq1Tr-XnL]
The victim, Troy LaFerrara (and wife)

Ref:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/08/justice/cr...l-killing/

I know these people that I view as crazy because they do crazy shit are not really nuts but they are fundamentally fucked in the head.

Please don't tell me when they are released because they've been "good".
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Merry Christmas from Indianapolis (this is just being released, so some of the "whys" may change.)

The current story: A 32-year-old Iraq veteran ( also a husband and father to a one-month-old) responded to an ad for an iPad on Craigslist. He wanted it as a gift for his parents for Christmas.

He went to what one of his friends calls a bad neighborhood in Indianapolis for the transaction (in the middle of the day, to be cautious).

He texted the advertiser and asked "are you here?" when he arrived and got a "yes" response. He was dead five minutes later.

A couple of days later, police tracked his text messages and arrested two teens who have been charged with his murder.

[Image: 2536089_300x300.jpeg]
The victim, James Vester (with his family)

[Image: split-ipad-1210.jpg]
The alleged killers, brothers 19-year-old Tryon Kincade and 18-year-old Tyshaune Kincade

Ref:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brothers-acc...-for-ipad/

I hope they die for what they did. They are completely worthless individuals and don't deserve the air they breathe.
(12-10-2013, 04:34 PM)Duchess Wrote: I hope they die for what they did. They are completely worthless individuals and don't deserve the air they breathe.

I hear ya. Barbaric assholes, no doubt.

The victims, RIP, seemed to be sadly lacking in common sense. IMO.

Responding to a Craigslist ad for "companionship" is just asking for trouble, but no one deserves to die for it.

As for the second story, I wouldn't go to someone's house in what's recognized as a sketch neighborhood to buy a used iPad. I wonder if there's more to the story or if it's another "thrill kill". Whatever went down, it's awful for Vester's family.

I hope most people looking to score something off of any on-line personal advertisement realize that they should only meet in a public place and do the transaction there, or take someone with them.
Don't meet strangers online in real life, especially on your own.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(12-10-2013, 05:10 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Don't meet strangers online in real life, especially on your own.

Yep. Sad that it has to be that way when you're just looking to buy something from a private seller, but one-person lured outside of his//her element is a perfect target for criminals on their own ground.

A few more details have been released about the killing of Jim Vester. Seems the Kincade brothers have a history of robbery (shocking, I know) and Vester was shot outside of the apartment address that they had texted him as the meeting place, in the parking lot.

Maybe they tried to rob Vester and he fought back? Still not many details on how or why Mr. Vester ended up dead. Don't know if the brothers are talking or not, just that they have been formally charged with murder.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-deal.html

[Image: article-2521168-19F5EF2900000578-102_306x423.jpg]

(Correction: yesterday's story noted that his son was one-month old; he's actually one-year old - poor kid.)
UPDATE: VESTER WAS ARMED AND ROBBED; KINCADES PLEAD "NOT GUILTY"

Snip:

The Kincades each face murder, felony murder and robbery charges for their suspected roles in the fatal shooting of Sgt. 1st Class James Vester. (They pleaded "not guilty" to all charges yesterday.)

According to court documents, Vester, 32, answered an ad on Craigslist to buy an iPad as a Christmas gift for his parents.

Vester exchanged text messages with the pair and agreed to meet them at the Wyckford Commons apartment complex. Police said Vester was robbed, shot and killed.

Court documents also said that Vester had asked friends to tag along with him to buy the iPad, and when they couldn’t, he borrowed a gun because he was concerned about the neighborhood.

"If you are making a purchase over Craigslist and the person wants to meet with you meet in a public place, don't go into a neighborhood with which you are unfamiliar. Be aware of your surroundings," Deputy Prosecutor Denise Robinson said.

According to court documents, the Kincades may have been involved in four other Craigslist robberies since Oct. 15.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local...ry-charges
How terrible for his family. That poor baby. I admit I do buying from online garage sale sites but I always make it in a public place (a very busy shopping center locally) and I only meet during the day. My husband hates it but I also restrict my purchasing to women in a mom to mom site. Of course people could create a fake profile there too.
Imagine arranging to meet someone you met online and it turns out to be anonymoose!

Jesus.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(12-11-2013, 01:31 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Imagine arranging to meet someone you met online and it turns out to be anonymoose!

Oh man.
DOCTOR/CRAIGSLIST PREDATOR

[Image: Pregnant-Woman-Heroin-Homicide-2.jpg]
Ali Salim, convicted murderer

[Image: deanna_ballman.jpg]
Deanna Ballman, victim

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — An expectant mother who was raped and killed last year had turned to prostitution to make ends meet and died after answering a Craigslist ad offering $200, a prosecutor said Thursday as he pushed for a maximum sentence in the case.

Deanna Ballman was in a difficult financial situation after moving home to central Ohio from Colorado, separating from her husband and trying to support two young children while pregnant, assistant Delaware County prosecutor Kyle Rohrer said in a court filing.

Defendant Ali Salim, a former doctor, used Craigslist extensively to meet sexual partners, with many references in his ads to exchanging drugs for sex, including heroin, the filing said. Many of the woman were young, drug-addicted prostitutes with several alleging they were drugged against their will, while others saying they were sexually assaulted, the filing said.

Ballman, 23, died of a fatal heroin overdose, but there is no evidence she was a drug user, Rohrer said. She was found dead in the back seat of her car on a rural road a few miles from Salim's house the day after she met him. She was nine months pregnant; the child she planned to name Mabel also died.

Rohrer is pushing for a maximum sentence of 37 years at Salim's Dec. 20 sentencing.

...investigators say video evidence shows Ballman nude and unconscious on Salim's bed, apparently suffering distress consistent with a heroin overdose, the filing said. She didn't leave the house alive, according to the filing.

Salim "furnished and administered heroin to a young lady who was nine months pregnant, a young lady who, by his own admission, declined even a glass of wine," according to the filing.

A second motion Thursday asks Delaware County judge Duncan Whitney to allow investigators to destroy video, photo and audio evidence in the case after it's over, saying the material is obscene and shows acts that Ballman couldn't have consented to because she was unconscious.

"Some of the material further displays extreme and bizarre violence and cruelty," the filing said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12..._ref=crime
What a cunt.

He should have his balls cut off with a pair of rusty scissors and then fed to him.
(12-15-2013, 02:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: extreme and bizarre violence and cruelty

My imagination is creating horrible scenarios.
(12-10-2013, 05:10 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Don't meet strangers online in real life, especially on your own.

I have made several transactions thru Craigslist. Never for "companionship". Regardless, I always go with my trusted waist partner ready to speak if necessary.
(12-16-2013, 05:41 PM)FunkyBurger Wrote:

I have made several transactions thru Craigslist. Never for "companionship". Regardless, I always go with my trusted waist partner ready to speak if necessary.

Well, no wonder you don't need to answer ads for companionship.

Sure, it's probably pretty scary to most when they learn that you have a talking gerbil velcroed by the tail to your waistband, but that's not likely to be a deterrent for criminals looking to victimize you.

Now, if you had a gun, that could work for or against you, Dirty Harry.

If the on-line advertiser managed to lure you with intent to rob or assault you, chances are high that he or she is armed. Plus, he or she's got the home court advantage. And, criminals often work in pairs - so you could also be outnumbered.

Jim Vester knew he was taking a risk when he went to buy that iPad. When he couldn't get anyone to go with him, he decided to go anyway and borrowed a gun. Didn't help him any. Of the unarmed people robbed by his alleged killers, none was killed. Had he been unarmed, Vester might be alive too. Impossible to know.

A gun can't take the place of common sense and having a safe plan for the transaction, which is communicated by the buyer to the seller in advance and includes a partner(s) for the buyer. If the seller's luring and knows those terms up front, he or she will likely back out and move on to easier prey.

No need to be paranoid nor necessarily armed, smart and cautious goes a long way.
I've bought a lot of stuff from Ebay and CL and picked it up in person, never a problem.
I would not have gone to some hood rat appt building to pick it up though.
I also don't need to borrow a gun, drive a big ass Ram truck and in general conduct myself like I own the fucking world. Its amazing how far that will get you.
This guy took a foolish chance and died to save $100, not much of a deal.
My husband just went to get a curio cabinet for me from someone on Craigslist.

I know my husband was armed when he went, even though this is a nice part of the city.
However, my husband is a big guy...so any assholes may think twice.

Then again, maybe not.

Having a weapon makes some people feel big. I don't think the bad guys ever worry about the size of their victim (hate that word) because they have a great equalizer.