NIRVANA - ALL APOLOGIES, 1993

KISS - CHRISTINE SIXTEEN, 1977

PETER GABRIEL - SOLSBURY HILL, 1989

LINDA RONDSTADT - WHEN WILL I BE LOVED, 1977

HALL & OATES -SHE'S GONE, 1976

CAT STEVENS - PEACE TRAIN, 1976
Number 6 should read Yusuf Islam.

Lol.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Can't say I was ever a big Hall & Oates fan, but they covered this Carpenters song with an acoustic version in the early 2000s as part if a Sydney radio station (Triple M) morning show segment called The Musical Challenge. I think they sounded better than they did in the 70s.

“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
That was kinda cool, crash. Never heard that cover before.

I was really glad to see that Peter Gabriel is being inducted; think he's great behind the scenes and behind the mic.

The "So" album was one of my favorites at the time and the videos to its single releases were really unique. That was back when MTV actually played music videos.

I like this Gabriel song a lot, too.

I really liked that song at the time when it came out. I remember so many of the angry generation trying to relate to the 'messages' in it. Gabriel is a clever fucker. I really liked Sledgehammer too, from the same album.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Peter Gabriel is miles ahead of Phil Collins bubblegum pop stuff. Lots of things going on in his music.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
1. Nirvana

That was a bit of a surprise for me when I first read this thread and also at first I thought if all the Nirvana cliches and the obvious Smells Like Teen Spirit tubes yada yada..

But after thinking in it a while, it was almost 25 years ago. It was a great song. It was a great ducking album. And it did shape a whole new genre if music, and a whole new generation of fans.

When Ramsey says ducking she really means fucking, does that apply to you as well?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-17-2013, 02:10 PM)Maggot Wrote: Peter Gabriel is miles ahead of Phil Collins bubblegum pop stuff. Lots of things going on in his music.

Genesis without Peter Gabriel was over, IMO.

I like how much is going on with the instruments, the lyrics and the video story in SHOCK THE MONKEY - still smooth at the same time.