Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
(12-12-2019, 11:46 AM)Maggot Wrote: I'm glad to see that you agree that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is OK.

She's said that, or words to that affect, a zillion and one times, you boob.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Boobs.
If I had boobs I would bounce them in your general direction.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Pensacola Naval Base Shooting - Update

New details have emerged in the deadly shooting.

The details, in my opinion, should prompt U.S. lawmakers and the President to seriously review some of our gun law exceptions, our vetting processes for military trainees in the U.S. from other countries, and the U.S.'s long-standing pattern of turning a blind eye and exempting Saudi Arabia from punitive actions regarding terrorism and other crimes.

(continued)
Radical Islamic Postings

A Joint Intelligence Bulletin released by the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, National Counterterrorism Center and the Defense Intelligence Agency states that the Saudi shooter wrote the phrase "the countdown has started" on Sept. 11, 2019 with no further explanation.

It also stated that his social media included references to non-Muslims as "infidels" and defended jihad.

One post contained writings that were consistent with a 2010 statement from American-born cleric Anwar al Alwaki, who was killed in 2011 in a CIA-led drone strike, according to the report.

"I'm against evil, and America as a whole has turned into a nation of evil," the post read, according to the report. "What I see from America is the supporting of Israel which is invasion of Muslim countries, I see invasion of many countries by its troops, I see Guantanamo Bay. I see cruise missiles, cluster bombs and UAV."

(continued)
The Attack / Weapon

The multi-agency report also detailed new information about what happened inside the classroom where the shooting took place.

The attack lasted about 15 minutes, during which time Alshamrani unloaded 180 rounds of his ammo.  He reportedly shot directly at photos of two U.S. Presidents in the process, one of whom being Trump.

The Saudi shooter, Alshamrani, purchased a Glock 9 mm pistol legally by taking advantage of a federal gun law exception that allows foreign nationals to purchase weapons -- which is normally prohibited -- for hunting, authorities have said.

A witness told investigators that during the attack, Alshamrani made statements that were critical of U.S. military actions overseas, according to the report.

(continued)
Presumed Motive

The FBI-Jacksonville, the lead investigative agency, said the investigation into the shooting remains active and they are working under the presumption "that this was an act of terrorism."

"Our unified goal remains clear: to determine if the shooter acted alone or if anyone assisted, provided support for, or had knowledge of his attack in advance," according to the FBI's statement.

Source:  https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-pensac...d=67733495
(11-04-2015, 04:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: 9 YEAR OLD EXECUTED IN ALLEY -- CHICAGO

This story is so revolting and sad. 

[Image: 151103124336-tyshawn-lee-chicago-child-k...ge-169.jpg]

Whoever shot ^ 9-year-old Tyshawn Lee multiple times on his way home from school on Monday is inhuman.

Tyshawn was shot at around 4:30 in the afternoon.  He loved basketball; his ball was found near his body. The child was shot several times at close range in an alley in the 8000-block of South Damen Avenue, near his grandmother's house in Chicago's Gresham neighborhood.  Tyshawn lived with his mother.

Police believe that Tyshawn may have been targeted in retaliation for his father's alleged gang activity.  

Story:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...story.html

UPDATE:

Police and prosecutors concluded that Tyshawn was executed by gang members as an act of retaliation against his father (who belonged to a rival gang).

A jury agreed and found these two scumbags guilty of the murder.

[Image: 22421392-7807095-image-m-4_1576706244288.jpg][Image: 22421384-7807095-image-a-3_1576706237763.jpg]
Last October, Dwright Boone-Doty and Corey Morgan ^ were both convicted by separate juries in the fatal shooting of Tyshawn.

Yesterday, Boone-Doty was sentenced to 90 years, without a chance of parole. Morgan was sentenced to 65 years.

(continued)
Prosecutors said the two men lured Lee into a South Side alley near Dawes Park and that Boone-Doty shot Tyshawn at close range after playing basketball with the little boy. 

Morgan watched in a nearby getaway car with a third man (that man, Kevin Edwards, accepted a plea deal earlier and got 25 years).

"I've been waiting for this day for four years," said Karla Lee, Tyshawn's mother. "I'm happy. My son got what he deserved. It's justice."

https://abc7chicago.com/2-men-get-decade...e/5765303/
Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Workplace Mass Shooting

[Image: 066f0362-c2c3-44b0-8f0a-0af1c1a553f3-MJS...&auto=webp]

Yesterday afternoon a 51-year-old man shot to death 5 employees at the Molson/Coors section of the Miller Brewery headquarters.  RIP.

The murderer then shot and killed himself.

Initially, it was reported that the shooter was a former employee.  But, it's now being reported that he was an active employee.

The brewery will be closed for the remainder of the week.

Police are searching the shooter's home -- other than that, I haven't seen any more details regarding the crime yet.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crim...889971002/
https://www.wisn.com/article/miller-brew...w/31123345
There was a time that these type of shootings would have meant nearly all day coverage. I haven't seen it at all.  Smiley_emoticons_slash
(02-27-2020, 05:56 PM)Duchess Wrote: There was a time that these type of shootings would have meant nearly all day coverage. I haven't seen it at all.  Smiley_emoticons_slash

I noticed that too.

Maybe it's because mass shootings have become so common that they're not considered as newsworthy anymore.   Or, maybe it's because we're in the midst of a contentious election cycle which is dominating the media coverage right now.

I think it's probably a combination of both.
I think Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton should start praying. 

Yes, these things are being over looked for more important news. A tidbit on this is he killed more people than the Corona virus has in the U.S. so far. I am stunned actually.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
"More important news" is obviously subjective.  

Six families and countless friends lost loved ones from gun violence in a matter of minutes, in yet another mass shooting yesterday.  

You're in the crime forum Mags.  Regardless of how you feel about politics and gun rights, mass murder is newsworthy here.
Milwaukee Brewery Shooting - Update

Milwaukee's police chief identified the shooter and the five victims of Wednesday's shooting at the Miller brewery at a news conference this afternoon.

The victims were: Dale Hudson, 50; Gennady Levshetz, 51; Jesus Valle Jr., 33; Dana Walk, 57; Trevor Wetselaar, 33.

[Image: mass-shooting.jpg]
The shooter was 51-year-old^  Anthony Ferrill of Milwaukee.

Ferrill was a current employee of Molson Coors at the time of the workplace shooting, Police Chief Alfonso Morales said, refuting media reports yesterday that cited law enforcement sources saying Ferrill was recently fired.

Ferrill's motive for the shooting is still under investigation. Neighbors say he was an electrician at the brewery for more than 10 years.

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers has ordered flags in the state to fly at half-staff in honor of the victims of the Molson Coors shooting.

"Think about the families, because there were five individuals, six who went to work today just like everybody goes to work, and they thought they were going to go to work, finish their day, and return to their families. They didn't and tragically they never will. The hearts of the people of Wisconsin go out to the folks who were needlessly murdered at Molson Coors this afternoon", Mayor Tom Barrett said.

Story:  https://www.wbay.com/content/news/Report...17821.html
CANADA -- 19 Dead by Spree Killer

Canada experienced its worst mass/spree shooting in history. The murders occurred over a 12-hour period, starting Sunday and ending on Monday.

A millionaire dentist who was obsessed with Mounties/police and reportedly had an alcohol problem murdered his ex-wife and her boyfriend and then went on to shoot-to-death 17 other people at random.  

[Image: 27391710-8240365-Gabriel_Wortman_the_51_...402029.jpg]

Gabriel Wortman, 51, ^ was dressed as a cop and driving one of the out-of-service police vehicles he'd owned for some time.  

Wortman pulled people over as they were driving and executed them, including entire families.  

The fucker was reportedly killed in a shootout with police when they finally caught up with him.

Story and pics:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...oblem.html
^ Update

The death toll for the worst mass/spree shooting in Canadian history is now 22 (revised from 19).  There are 16 different crime scenes.

Canadian police revealed that Gabriel Wortman's killing spree occurred after he got into a domestic dispute with his girlfriend at a party near their home.

The pair left the party and Wortman assaulted and tied up his girlfriend (who later escaped and hid in the woods).

Then, he went back to the party and shot to death some of the guests before driving around and shooting/killing people at random, along with lighting fires.

Wortman was killed by Canadian police 13 hours into his murder spree.

Refs:
https://news.sky.com/story/canadas-worst...y-11978108
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/nov...ling-spree
(04-21-2020, 08:36 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Wortman pulled people over as they were driving and executed them, including entire families.  

That's so awful!  

I'm glad he's dead.
(04-24-2020, 10:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 08:36 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Wortman pulled people over as they were driving and executed them, including entire families.  

That's so awful!  

I'm glad he's dead.

It's very sad.  

As a result of the shooting spree, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday banned 1,500 models of military-style assault weapons in Canada, nearly two weeks after the deadliest mass shooting in the country's history.

Canadians are no longer allowed to buy, sell, use, transport or import those types of weapons, Trudeau said. Owners of those guns will have a two-year amnesty period to surrender the weapons, and Parliament will pass legislation to provide them with “fair compensation,” he said.

Red flag laws will also be enacted in Canada, so law enforcement can take guns away from people who are behaving erratically and deemed to be a threat to the public.

Story:  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/01...uns-229243
[Image: EyzgI_TU8AEwufT?format=jpg&name=medium]