Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
(05-26-2022, 08:25 AM)Maggot Wrote: He was in that class room for an hour picking who would live and who would die. 

This is unfathomable to me and I know it must be a crushing weight on all those families. I can't stop thinking about the terror that was felt in that classroom. I read everything I can get my hands on. I feel like I owe it to them to bear witness.  21
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Reading the after story is horrific. And the girl he was chatting w/ in Germany.
The fact that he wasn't stopped before going in is unreal.
I hadn't heard about the parents knowing until just now. That is terrible.
He bought 2 fucking AR on his 18th birthday. This place is fucking unreal.

It's being reported that Joe Garcia, the husband of one of the teachers shot & killed yesterday has suffered a fatal heart attack. Joe & Mrs. Garcia were high school sweethearts and married for 24 years. They have 4 kids.

[Image: 26uvalde-shooting-joe-garcia-1-jumbo.jpg...&auto=webp]
(05-26-2022, 06:04 AM)Duchess Wrote: Parents were begging the cops to do something after learning the shooter was trapped in there with their kids and when they wouldn't the parents tried to rush the school to save their kids themselves. They were held back at gunpoint. 

Man. This is going to be some investigation.

Jesus Christ, I cant even imagine.
(05-25-2022, 06:02 PM)Duchess Wrote: [Image: FTolQFkXwAoomx-?format=jpg&name=medium]

So did any kids in that classroom come out alive?
I've seen it reported that some did. Five of them hid under a table that had an overhanging tablecloth. One of the boys said the shooter shot a door, entered, crouched down a little and said "it's time to die". 

This same kid also said that there were police officers outside of the classroom who urged them to yell if they needed help and one of the little girls did, she was then shot & killed. Another little girl survived by playing dead.

There could be more, but that's all I know of right now.
This is a shit show. Texas DPS is now saying the shooter was not confronted before walking into the school. They confirm that officers "fell back" for cover after initial contact and waited an hour before attempting again. During the press conference officials were asked why they didn't breach the door while the shooter was shooting the kids and they refused to answer. Their spokesperson is combative with the reporters who are asking questions. Not a good look at all. This press conference was supposed to answer questions that so many have, but it has only led to more questions. Something is clearly very wrong and they weren't particularly forthcoming.
Those piece of shit cops allowed those kids to be terrorized in there for an hour and turned their guns on the parents instead of the gunman. Unbelievable.
(05-26-2022, 02:36 PM)Duchess Wrote: I've seen it reported that some did. Five of them hid under a table that had an overhanging tablecloth. One of the boys said the shooter shot a door, entered, crouched down a little and said "it's time to die". 

This same kid also said that there were police officers outside of the classroom who urged them to yell if they needed help and one of the little girls did, she was then shot & killed. Another little girl survived by playing dead.

There could be more, but that's all I know of right now.

Why in the hell would they tell the kids to yell knowing they are not going to help them and they may get shot? This sounds like the show Squid games. I don't even know what to say.
(05-25-2022, 12:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 11:10 AM)sally Wrote: Well apparently it didn't help in this case, but having armed security in schools is still better than having none.

I both agree & disagree. Sorry, I'm a contradiction. I believe it could be a deterrent, but it didn't help yesterday & it didn't help the Majorie Douglas kids. It didn't help the people in the supermarket 10 days ago either.

This morning a kid said to a parent, "don't worry, we train for this". Jesus Christ! They are kids in school, not military in training.

Well apparently we now know that it didnt help because the cops have no business being cops. Same thing with the security guard at Majorie Douglas. I guess I'll take my word back if these are the people who are in charge.
Should regular citizens like all of us be able to buy body armor? Should the same citizens have better fire power than law enforcement?
No, body armor is for law enforcement officers and the military and the same thing for certain weapons, the only need for regular citizens to have it is for something like this. It would have been nice if the cops used theirs to bust the door down instead of waiting out there for an hour while telling the kids to yell if they need help.
I saw a clip of a man who is a medical aide who had responded to the school. He was helping a distraught little girl who told him her friend had been killed and he asked what is her friend's name. That was when the man found out his daughter had been killed.

Whenever I see a grown man cry I know things are bad, very bad. This is heartbreaking stuff.
(05-26-2022, 03:53 PM)sally Wrote: Why in the hell would they tell the kids to yell knowing they are not going to help them and they may get shot? 

I don't know, kid. This whole thing with the law enforcement there is beyond bizarre. 
It is so fucked up. They restrained the parents. So fucked up.
Also now I read maybe the shooter didnt have body armor. The story keeps changing.

But now you see that he was not confronted by anyone either and just walked in there easy as pie. Regardless of the gun debate, it's pretty sad that we cant protect our children and schools at this point. We didnt have enough school shootings yet. I knew this this whole story was screwy from the beginning.
The video of the parents in the parking lot is really tough to watch--a young mother on her knees weeping and begging the police, a father sobbing saying all he wants is to protect his little girl, a mother in handcuffs who convinced cops she knew to intercede on her behalf in order to get the cuffs off, she left the area, jumped a fence and went in and got her kids out. My God.
(05-26-2022, 05:51 PM)sally Wrote: But now you see that he was not confronted by anyone 

Nope, and that came out 8 hours after Texas DPS had told CNN they had interviewed an officer about his engagement with the shooter.

There has been too many conflicting reports from law enforcement there so I won't be surprised if this investigation is removed from their hands.
wtf

A very emotional NBA coach--