Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
(05-26-2022, 05:06 PM)Duchess Wrote: I saw a clip of a man who is a medical aide who had responded to the school. He was helping a distraught little girl who told him her friend had been killed and he asked what is her friend's name. That was when the man found out his daughter had been killed.

Whenever I see a grown man cry I know things are bad, very bad. This is heartbreaking stuff.

(05-26-2022, 06:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: The video of the parents in the parking lot is really tough to watch--a young mother on her knees weeping and begging the police, a father sobbing saying all he wants is to protect his little girl, a mother in handcuffs who convinced cops she knew to intercede on her behalf in order to get the cuffs off, she left the area, jumped a fence and went in and got her kids out. My God.
 I couldn't watch it any longer. This shit just takes the cake.
This is not a legislative thing it's a tactical thing that was fucked up. Those kids lives could have been saved if that room was stormed sooner. I don't know why it wasn't and can only hold the cops responsible. All this political bullshit is just that, people trying to use it as a smokescreen for their agenda. The ability was there but the will to do it was not. I can only vilify the police for not doing the right thing and will never believe that it was anything else. Sure the shooter was deranged but the cops should have stormed that room right away not wait for back up its ridiculous.it makes me sick and those fucks deserve to be ostracized for it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-26-2022, 04:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: Should regular citizens like all of us be able to buy body armor? Should the same citizens have better fire power than law enforcement?

That isn't the issue here, IMO. The cops really didn't even try to stop this guy, which is suspicious to me. Is everyone in that police dept. a coward, or is something else going on here?

As for body armor, an easy way to deal with this would be a cannister filled with expanding foam, fired from something similar to a grenade launcher. One or two of those to the upper torso would stop someone in their tracks. This may already exist.

Schools could also have perimeter cams to monitor for suspicious activity, and emergency evacuation plans, and drills.

None of this is cost-prohibitive, the only question is whether or not we care about children, and it seems that those who make the important decisions don't. That's what I see as the real issue here. There's plenty that could be done, if only there was the will to do it.
(05-26-2022, 08:27 PM)Maggot Wrote: This is not a legislative thing

All this political bullshit is just that, people trying to use it as a smokescreen for their agenda.

Sure the shooter was deranged 

28 My sides! My sides!  28
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-26-2022, 08:29 PM)rothschild Wrote: Schools could also have perimeter cams to monitor for suspicious activity, and emergency evacuation plans, and drills.

You're describing a prison. Why should schools have to be so heavily fortified? How about not selling weapons that can kill 30 people in 30 seconds. That's all those guns are good for, killing people.
A Texas police officer actually admitted (on air!) that his officers were reluctant to engage the gunman because they could have been shot. THAT'S THEIR FUCKING JOB! People suck, they fucking suck. This shit is appalling.
A family member of Mrs. Garcia started a go fund me account for her kids with a 10K goal. As of this morning the account exceeds more than $1.8 million.
How old are kids in 3rd/4th grade? Around 8-9? A little girl in that group had the presence of mind to smear the blood of her dead classmates on herself so the shooter would think she was dead.

When I get really mad I cry. Goddamn I dislike that about myself. I'm so fucking mad.
I wish there were a better hug emoji.
I'm so sorry any of us has to go through this
It could be anyone's kids or family.

Crying-into-tissue

Also-there is a guy on twitter who apparently posts at every tragedy-from 911 to being a POW for 31 days to having nephews in many school shootings. I retweeted his post and then took it down once I learned about it.

(05-27-2022, 09:13 AM)MirahM Wrote: Also-there is a guy on twitter who apparently posts at every tragedy-from 911 to being a POW for 31 days to having nephews in many school shootings. 

I saw some people talking about that flake yesterday. What a fricken weirdo.
(05-27-2022, 04:42 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 08:29 PM)rothschild Wrote: Schools could also have perimeter cams to monitor for suspicious activity, and emergency evacuation plans, and drills.

You're describing a prison. Why should schools have to be so heavily fortified? How about not selling weapons that can kill 30 people in 30 seconds. That's all those guns are good for, killing people.

Even if they banned those type of guns they cant ban all guns. That guy got in there very easily and would of killed kids no matter what kind of gun he had. So yeah, all schools need the funds for better security at this point.
I am all for the added security.
And I am all for banning those guns that are unneccesary.
And I am all for background checks
etc etc etc

I mean I'm about ready to say lets have classrooms inside federal buildings anyway.

While this kid was smearing herself in her dead classmate's blood, the cops outside had removed themselves from the line of fire because they were afraid of getting shot.

[Image: FTxLPQlXwAM5-x3?format=png&name=large]
(05-27-2022, 05:38 AM)Duchess Wrote: A Texas police officer actually admitted (on air!) that his officers were reluctant to engage the gunman because they could have been shot. THAT'S THEIR FUCKING JOB! People suck, they fucking suck. This shit is appalling.

There were parents and neighbors outside whose children weren't even in that classroom and they were ready to help storm it because the cops with body armor and weapons and whose job it is to do so were too scared to do it themselves. Unbelievable.
(05-27-2022, 04:42 AM)Duchess Wrote:

In close quarters, a semi-automatic pistol is as dangerous as an AR-15. Even a bushcraft knife is quite deadly, especially if a person has trained with one. And chemists, well, a chemist could really do some serious damage if they gained access to a public water supply -- which is probably not very difficult in many places.
(05-27-2022, 10:18 AM)sally Wrote: There were parents and neighbors outside whose children weren't even in that classroom and they were ready to help storm it because the cops with body armor and weapons and whose job it is to do so were too scared to do it themselves. Unbelievable.

Have you heard anything about the cops going in and getting their own kids out?
(05-27-2022, 10:24 AM)rothschild Wrote:  a chemist could really do some serious damage if they gained access to a public water supply -- which is probably not very difficult in many places.

I've thought about that and I believe it would be a very simple thing to do. Places like NYC are probably protected, but not every large community is.
(05-27-2022, 10:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 10:18 AM)sally Wrote: There were parents and neighbors outside whose children weren't even in that classroom and they were ready to help storm it because the cops with body armor and weapons and whose job it is to do so were too scared to do it themselves. Unbelievable.

Have you heard anything about the cops going in and getting their own kids out?

No I didn't.
I'm seeing a lot of people (not in Mock) asking others "why do you need a gun". They need to understand that the moment they ask that question the conversation is over. I'm a tree huggin' Liberal who is pro 2A. Stop asking that stupid question.