Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
Unbelievable! 
Our world has gone to Hell in a Handbasket!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

In the past 36 hours there has been shootings at a funeral, at a church, at a high school, at a Walmart & at 2 hospitals.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
A Texas senator requested that he be given a full report for what happened in that school hallway while 19 LEO's stood around and did nothing for 77 minutes while little kids & their teachers were being slaughtered in their classroom. The DPS Director has told him that the District Attorney has ordered that any reports not be given to him.
(06-02-2022, 01:04 PM)MirahM Wrote: So keep the gun man alive...just to publicly hang him later. Got it.
And this will slow down gun violence.
Got it.
But there is always evil and not much can be done
Got it

Why are so many in that mindset? Nothin we can do. Get a gun, protect yourself, its gonna happen. Nothin we can do.

Well what would your suggestion be? Seriously. Even with stricter gun control we will still have guns and these people can still get them. And I'm all for publicly hanging the gun man, but you can't always take down the gunman alive and I don't think it would be a deterrent anyway. They already know their fate when they set out to do it like a suicide bomber.
I agree with your opinion that they already know their fate.

I don't like the term gun control. That's not directed at you, Sally. If that expression turns me off, I can only imagine what it does to others who don't share my politics.

I don't like people outside of our military having access to weapons that can fire a round a second. With a bump stock those guns can shoot 400 rounds a minute. Those weapons are for killing people, they surely aren't for hunting. Republican Congressman Buck says he uses his AR15 to kill raccoons before they get into his chicken coop. I don't believe him, it would obliterate a 'coon and leave a hella mess.
People still eat raccoons around here, mostly black people, but they surely don't use an AR 15 to kill them. We know a guy who shoots them with a bow and arrow and cleans and sells them. This is an old white guy and he has such a heavy southern accent I can barely understand him.
(06-03-2022, 07:32 PM)sally Wrote: People still eat raccoons around here

They eat muskrat around here & when it's available they advertise it on big signs outside of their restaurants.    Smiley_emoticons_kotz
The military style guns need to go. The AR15's and anything as Duchess said that can shoot 400 rounds a minute.

Background checks.
Minimum age needs to be raised from 18. Maybe 20? 21? (Or at least for certain guns???) I don't know all of the current laws in every state, but these would be my starting points.
Will mass shootings still happen? Certainly, but this is where I would start.

I would also have better security measures in place at schools-that is as a back up only-that is not the only thing that needs to be done.

All that stuff makes me want to puke. I was thinking just the other night as I was trying to fall asleep, isn't it weird to eat animals that have sex and get off? Like when you're eating bacon it's not pleasant to think of a pig having an orgasm. Or maybe I'm weird for thinking about such a thing. Either way, I'm off meat for good.
Having a wooden stock would take them out of the AR category. LOL.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I think Americans should be allowed to have miniguns and armor plating built into their homes. Postwhore
(06-03-2022, 08:05 PM)MirahM Wrote: The military style guns need to go. The AR15's and anything as Duchess said that can shoot 400 rounds a minute.

Background checks.
Minimum age needs to be raised from 18. Maybe 20? 21? (Or at least for certain guns???) I don't know all of the current laws in every state, but these would be my starting points.
Will mass shootings still happen? Certainly, but this is where I would start.

I would also have better security measures in place at schools-that is as a back up only-that is not the only thing that needs to be done.

This crap is totally unacceptable and we should do something. Maybe like not allowing some kid with lipstick on to buy high volume ammo and assault weapons. I'm not holding my breath though so in the meantime lets secure our schools.
this is a very serious question - would someone please define the term "assault weapon" ...
 In my mind it's a weapon that continues to fire as long as the trigger is depressed and how many bullets it holds is determined by the size of the clip.
(06-03-2022, 08:18 PM)sally Wrote: All that stuff makes me want to puke. I was thinking just the other night as I was trying to fall asleep, isn't it weird to eat animals that have sex and get off? Like when you're eating bacon it's not pleasant to think of a pig having an orgasm. Or maybe I'm weird for thinking about such a thing. Either way, I'm off meat for good.

I don't like eating anything that has a face. That's not to say I never eat meat, I do, but it's rare. The moment I start to think about it being flesh, it's over because I am completely grossed out at that point.
(06-04-2022, 02:13 AM)pyropappy Wrote: this is a very serious question - would someone please define the term "assault weapon" ...

A baseball bat can be an assault weapon and you have to have a special permit to have a fully automatic. Politicians have no clue about guns its a talking point that they use to grandstand. Security is the answer. In the middle east they protect their schools well and you hardly ever hear of school shootings. It's usually a bomb which is another "assault" weapon.

People say that teachers don't want to carry a gun I say fine, don't those are the ones you don't want to have them but I know plenty of teachers that would have no problem with it and they take safety lessons and target practice all the time. They are the ones you want to have one. you cannot force that on anyone.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-03-2022, 09:36 PM)rothschild Wrote: I think Americans should be allowed to have miniguns and armor plating built into their homes.  Postwhore

We can have armor plating built into our homes. Some people have "safe" rooms.

Do you mean guns like in turrets? I'm imagining that and laughing. You just know someone has done that somewhere.
Guys, remember the mom who heard there was an active shooter at her kid's school and the cops handcuffed her when she tried to go in and get them? The cuffs were removed and she jumped a fence and went in and got her kids. She was interviewed and said the cops later called her and said if she talked to the media about the police response she would face an obstruction of justice charge. They fricken threatened her.
(06-04-2022, 02:13 AM)pyropappy Wrote: this is a very serious question - would someone please define the term "assault weapon" ...

I'm ignorant to the subject of guns as I've never even held anything other than a bb gun.I know as much about guns as I know about plumbing..But to me it would be a gun designed to take out as many people possible, like something used in combat.
i would pepper them with an salt weapon.