Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
Yet still, y’all are still finding fault in the wrong place. It’s ok though, keep whacking each other, starting with the kids first. If natural selection has to happen, it may as well be with the weakest..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Since February 14th, 2018 when the teenage gunman killed so many kids at Parkland there have been 611 incidents of gunfire on school grounds and gun related deaths have overtaken car accidents as the leading cause of deaths of kids in the United States. That is so shameful.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-13-2022, 06:36 AM)Duchess Wrote:  That is so shameful.

It really is,  but until they start passing the right laws, nothing is going to change.
Agreed.
You can pass 1000 gun laws but you cannot change peoples mindset. Hollywood and their violent movies that sometimes give the bad guys a better look than the good guys would be a start.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-13-2022, 10:05 AM)Maggot Wrote: You can pass 1000 gun laws but you cannot change peoples mindset. Hollywood and their violent movies that sometimes give the bad guys a better look than the good guys would be a start.

They have passed 1,000  gun laws  (or at least it feels like it),   and while I agree about the Hollywood mindset,  I don't think an 18 year old should be allowed to purchase 2 AR 15's and 1600  rounds of ammo without anyone batting an eyelash.   

And half the laws that we have are fucking redundant and ridiculous.    

There's no easy answer , but something has to give.  My grandbrats are currently better trained in active shooter situations than the Uvale PD.
(06-13-2022, 11:15 AM)cannongal Wrote:  My grandbrats are currently better trained in active shooter situations 

This is saddening AND maddening. I completely understand why it's needed and I wouldn't disparage it, but good lord, there has got to be a better way. I am again reminded of the kid who, after the Uvalde killings said to his very worried parents, "don't worry, we train for this".
This is nuts--a new Ohio law cuts the training required for teachers & staff to carry guns in school to a maximum of 24 hours, down from 700!
Texas police are refusing to release their bodycam footage from the day of the Uvalde school shooting. They are claiming it could be used by other would-be shooters to determine weaknesses in police response times. They had no fucking response.  78
The lack of anyones response is just blah blah deviating from the root cause. Y’all know it
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Yeah well America isn't banning all guns anytime soon or in this lifetime so....
The United States will never ban all guns and that's not what the majority of the country wants, far from it. People have been very specific in what they'd like to see happen and none of it is outrageous.
And nothing will change. It’ll get worse. Kids are now buying 3D printers and downloading plans to print a fully functioning 15 shot, 9mm assault rifle, that looks like a nerf gun, that they can print out at home for about $20.

It won’t even be about buying guns soon, it’s just going to be about gun culture
America has more guns than people. It most definitely already is about gun culture here.
(06-13-2022, 10:05 AM)Maggot Wrote: You can pass 1000 gun laws but you cannot change peoples mindset. Hollywood and their violent movies that sometimes give the bad guys a better look than the good guys would be a start.

And yet other countries watch those same movies...and play the same video games.

(06-11-2022, 09:33 AM)crash Wrote: Yet still, y’all are still finding fault in the wrong place. It’s ok though, keep whacking each other, starting with the kids first. If natural selection has to happen, it may as well be with the weakest..

Where is the fault?

(06-13-2022, 09:09 PM)MirahM Wrote:

And yet other countries watch those same movies...and play the same video games.

And they have loads of violent crime. Knife attacks in the UK have skyrocketed.
Because they are all watching that famous hollywood knife movie?

We have a gun problem. It's not movies or games or mental health, it's guns.

The people with their lunatic bitching about kids being groomed are the same people sending out Christmas cards with their entire family posing with guns and they all think it's cute, it's not, they all look like the idiots they are.
It's a mental health problem facilitated by the gun culture.