Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
eH.............Better security would go a long way.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm not at all saying I'm disagreeing with security, but whenever I hear that conversation I think how insane it is that armed security in schools in the United States of America is a way to deal with it. It's bonkers and on top of that there are states where all one has to do is a buy a gun, that's it, if you've got the money you are getting your gun right then & there. Owning a gun is a right, but driving a car is a privilege that one has to show they can handle, they have to prove they can be trusted behind the wheel. Our country has a very serious problem and it's not just guns, it's violence in general.

I look out upon my country sometimes and think how much people suck.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Guns are illegal in Mexico
The argument "But this is America" does not work anymore. If that was the case the borders would be secure and we would be selling oil not buying it. America has left the building.
I don't give a lot of thought to the borders. I know I have way more to worry about from Americans who already live here.
(06-14-2022, 01:38 PM)BigMark Wrote: Guns are illegal in Mexico

I don't think the drug cartels got the memo.
(06-14-2022, 01:13 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'm not at all saying I'm disagreeing with security, but whenever I hear that conversation I think how insane it is that armed security in schools in the United States of America is a way to deal with it. It's bonkers and on top of that there are states where all one has to do is a buy a gun, that's it, if you've got the money you are getting your gun right then & there. Owning a gun is a right, but driving a car is a privilege that one has to show they can handle, they have to prove they can be trusted behind the wheel. Our country has a very serious problem and it's not just guns, it's violence in general.

I look out upon my country sometimes and think how much people suck.

Amen

(06-14-2022, 01:56 PM)Maggot Wrote: America has left the building.

Hahahahahahaha….

This is horrifyingly ‘I told you so’ hilarious..

Years ago when I mentioned you were on this path, you dismissed it, laughed, basically yelled ‘murica, ayup and carried on and voted trump in

And here y’all are
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
...and they all would vote for him again.
(06-15-2022, 06:44 AM)crash Wrote:

Hahahahahahaha….

Years ago when I mentioned you were on this path, you dismissed it, laughed, basically yelled ‘murica, ayup and carried on and voted trump in

And here y’all are

Obama won the entire Rust Belt. Hillary lost the entire Rust Belt, because Obama is a race-hustling globalist, so those people had no reason to not take a chance on Trump. The system is broken, but asshats like you think it's one or two bad apples -- which is exactly what many people have mistakenly believed about policing -- which is ironic.

Policing wouldn't be corrupt if the political system wasn't corrupt. Systemic corruption. Not systemic racism, systemic corruption, which results in massive dysfunctionality, which destroys the ability to solve problems -- like the one you're spouting off about as though you actually know something.
I don't normally pay much credence to polls. I view them as a snapshot in time that can change within moments, but this was on FOX and it's pretty much blowing my mind because it's showing a true reflection of what the majority of Americans think and they aren't exactly known for being truthful. Understatement.  78

[Image: FVXoDFNX0AECug0?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Multiple people shot in a church last night in Alabama. At least two are dead. The police will give a briefing this morning.

If only this would happen to those who don't think we have a gun problem. Although now that I think of it, it did happen to Steve Scalise, he nearly died and he still doesn't think America has a gun problem. No brain, no pain.

Hahahahahahaha….

And here y’all are

yup..................now we have inflation, high gas, and an old farting geezer that has a 1000 mile stare open borders and a political group that lives in fantasy land. At least we were not locked down like OZ was in home confinement.
It's being reported that surveillance video from inside Robb Elementary School shows that police never attempted to open either of the two classroom doors that the shooter and his victims were behind.

That would explain (somewhat) why they are refusing to release their body-cam video.
(06-19-2022, 08:17 AM)Duchess Wrote: It's being reported that surveillance video from inside Robb Elementary School shows that police never attempted to open either of the two classroom doors that the shooter and his victims were behind.

That would explain (somewhat) why they are refusing to release their body-cam video.

The Police department and the city have hired a private law firm,  to defend themselves against being required to release the body cam footage.     The elementary school itself voluntarily released their surveillance footage, which should have made national headlines,  but for some reason,  it hasn't happened yet.   

The real kicker is that the city is using taxpayer money for their defense attorneys.    

Nothing says "hey, we're going to let your kids get killed,  and then we'll let you pay people to defend us" like this clusterfuck.   I  can't even comprehend this bullshit.
One of the excuses they used was that they didn't have everything they needed when they got there and that caused a delay. It has since been made public (this morning) that the in school camera shows they were ready to roll within the first 3 minutes of getting there (they had what they needed with them) and they choose not to.

These individuals have changed their stories numerous times.
They were ordered to stand down, and they blindly followed that order. People who aren't capable of questioning orders are a detriment to society and are contemptible. Our "education" system promotes this, and is also contemptible, and this has been going on for a very long time. It's a large part of why our nation is morally bankrupt. To not question evil is to become evil.
Yesterday the House of Representatives voted to create an Amber Alert type system to notify people of an active shooter situation and nearly 80% of House republicans voted against it to stop its passage.
(06-15-2022, 02:08 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Hahahahahahaha….

And here y’all are

Obama won the entire Rust Belt. Hillary lost the entire Rust Belt, because Obama is a race-hustling globalist, so those people had no reason to not take a chance on Trump. The system is broken, but asshats like you think it's one or two bad apples -- which is exactly what many people have mistakenly believed about policing -- which is ironic.

Policing wouldn't be corrupt if the political system wasn't corrupt. Systemic corruption. Not systemic racism, systemic corruption, which results in massive dysfunctionality, which destroys the ability to solve problems -- like the one you're spouting off about as though you actually know something.

Policing? You think policing is the problem and believe I’m an asshat? This is what is wrong with your country.

The chief at the time will have little to do with it. Whilstever the majority of 300 million citizens ( or those thereof with the loudest voices/most money/ most control) believe it’s ok for an 18 year old kid to buy a killing machine, legally, you’re fucked. End of story.

What good reason does an 18 year old kid have to be able to buy an assault rifle? Please don’t be dumb enough to say ‘protection’
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(07-04-2022, 09:08 AM)crash Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 02:08 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Hahahahahahaha….

And here y’all are

Policing? You think policing is the problem and believe I’m an asshat? This is what is wrong with your country.

The chief at the time will have little to do with it. Whilstever the majority of 300 million citizens ( or those thereof with the loudest voices/most money/ most control) believe it’s ok for an 18 year old kid to buy a killing machine, legally, you’re fucked. End of story.

What good reason does an 18 year old kid have to be able to buy an assault rifle? Please don’t be dumb enough to say ‘protection’

As far as I'm concerned, "dumb" is thinking the problem will be solved if you prohibit or minimize gun ownership, for a number of reasons. For one, it'll do little or nothing to prevent criminals from getting firearms, so it won't stop 18 year olds who happen to be members of a drug gang, and that's where most of the mass shootings are going on. Since you obviously only know what the corporate media reports, you mistakenly think this is mostly a "white" phenomenon, but that's only true re the school shootings, which are a tiny fraction of mass shootings overall. Talk to some people who live in proximity to gang violence and you'll find out that they're a normal occurrence, which for me is a hell of a lot more shocking than the relatively small number of school shootings -- which admittedly are becoming more frequent.

If you really want to solve this problem you have to ask why is it occurring. A large part of that is we have a culture that's inherrently violent, our economy has steadily deteriorated since the 80's, and people are increasingly becoming isolated, all of which has a very negative impact on mental health. If these issues were properly addressed, far fewer people would want to have guns because people would be less fearful of each other, and children would be far less inclined to get involved with gangs.

What it boils down to is the disintegration of community. Gun control is a band-aid at best. It's mostly a way for politicians to pretend they're doing something beneficial.

As for assault weapons, I'll say this: the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council are 5 of the 6 nations that have the greatest involvement in arms proliferation, the 6th being Israel. Do you think gun legislation is going to have any impact on that? Why does it matter? Because if that isn't addressed, the flow of military surplus will continue to flow into our nations. A quick look at the drug cartels operating on our southern border should be more than sufficient to convince even you. Some of them are multi-billion dollar organizations, and that money is already being used to subvert local governments, much like the Italian and Jewish mafias did during prohibition. A former CIA director warned about this kind of dirty money corrupting the federal government, decades ago. I think it was William Egan Colby, who ended up dead in a "drowning accident". I'd say that the Iran-Contra scandal confirms that he knew exactly what he was talking about. Do people like you care? Very, very doubtful, but I'd be quite happy to find out that I'm wrong.