Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING
Maggot Offline
Supermod

RE: THE LATEST SCHOOL SHOOTING

I wonder what time these shooters went into the schools and if there is a tendency towards morning or afternoon. I would say the early morning if I had to guess.

12-16-2013 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

@Maggot: After Newtown, my hope was that there would be an armed officer at every school, if not to deter every crime, to at least minimize what a perp would be able to do.

I think most rational people have no problem with that thinking.

12-16-2013 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I just hate that that little tidbit never made it into mainstream media right away. It may have opened a few eyes.

12-16-2013 12:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

F.U. Offline
Mock Elder

I find it odd that there is barely a mention to the type of firearm used. Had this ben a modern sporting rifle instead of a shotgun the media would have ben on that fact like a duck on a junebug !

12-16-2013 12:14 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(12-16-2013 11:56 AM)Maggot Wrote:  I wonder what time these shooters went into the schools and if there is a tendency towards morning or afternoon. I would say the early morning if I had to guess.

Cho, the Virginia Tech shooter, was an early bird. His wheels were in motion before 7:00 a.m.

Lanza busted into the Connecticut elementary school at around 9:30 a.m. The official investigative report released last week indicated that he'd likely planned on hitting the high school, but was scared off by a guard - so he probably planned on starting earlier in the morning.

Gho, the shooter who killed 7 people at the Christian College in Oakland, CA started his rampage at the school at 10:30 a.m.

The Columbine massacre in Colorado went down closer to lunch time, starting around 11:15 a.m.

Those are the ones that I recall.

12-16-2013 12:14 PM

F.U. Offline
Mock Elder

I would of thought that lunch time would be the preferred time. A crowded lunchroom to me sounds like a target rich environment. Each shot fired would potentially pass through several people.

12-16-2013 12:20 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(12-16-2013 12:11 PM)Maggot Wrote:  I just hate that that little tidbit never made it into mainstream media right away. It may have opened a few eyes.

It all happened quickly and a lot of details in early reports have since been clarified and expanded upon.

I did see it referred to by ABC News on the first day, but exact details were still being investigated. It's been covered by all the outlets with new statements and details provided by Sheriff Robinson over the last couple of days.

12-16-2013 12:46 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(12-16-2013 12:14 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote:  I find it odd that there is barely a mention to the type of firearm used. Had this ben a modern sporting rifle instead of a shotgun the media would have ben on that fact like a duck on a junebug !

He wasn't old enough to purchase anything other than a shotgun otherwise he may have had an arsenal similar to yours.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
12-16-2013 01:09 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(12-16-2013 12:20 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote:  I would of thought that lunch time would be the preferred time. A crowded lunchroom to me sounds like a target rich environment. Each shot fired would potentially pass through several people.

I think it was fortunate that Pierson, unlike some of the other school shooters, had a primary target in mind. He wanted to make sure he shot Murphy, the librarian, and was on a mission to get to him.

Sadly, he shot Claire Davis along the way.

But, if he'd been interested in taking out as many people as possible without making sure the librarian was among them, it could have been much worse.

The shooting took place at 12:30 p.m. Pierson didn't bother with the cafeteria/lunch room, he went straight for the library.

12-16-2013 01:35 PM

Cynical Ninja Offline
back and as popular as ever

(12-16-2013 12:14 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote:  I find it odd that there is barely a mention to the type of firearm used. Had this ben a modern sporting rifle instead of a shotgun the media would have ben on that fact like a duck on a junebug !

Shotgun/rifle, tomayto/tomato.

You don't need a licence to have a shotgun in the US do you? Crrrrrrazy.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
12-16-2013 03:14 PM

F.U. Offline
Mock Elder

(12-16-2013 01:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

He wasn't old enough to purchase anything other than a shotgun otherwise he may have had an arsenal similar to yours.

False . If he was old enough to buy a shotgun he was old enough to buy ANY long gun. That means he could have purchased a AK-47 if he felt the need.

My question/thought was aimed more towards the fact that the media hasn't pushed the fact that a shotgun was used and not a modern sporting rifle. If he had used a MSR the media would have ben all over that fact. All we would have heard was, see it happened agfain and with another AR-15.

12-16-2013 03:53 PM

F.U. Offline
Mock Elder

(12-16-2013 03:14 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:  

Shotgun/rifle, tomayto/tomato.

You don't need a licence to have a shotgun in the US do you? Crrrrrrazy.

You don't need a license to own ANY firearm in the USA. All you need to do is pass the background check . Hell you can even own a fully automatic AK-47 if you want. All you need to do is pay the government their $200.00 tax. They really don't give a shit who owns what as long as they get their cut. Its all a money game to them.

12-16-2013 03:58 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(12-16-2013 03:53 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote:  False .

I posted what the newspaper reported.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
12-16-2013 04:06 PM

F.U. Offline
Mock Elder

I can believe that. News agencys just dont report facts anymore.

12-16-2013 04:12 PM