Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING

(02-16-2018 11:06 PM)F.U. Wrote:  Banning different parts of a firearm, like bump stocks, will do nothing. Companies are constantly looking for new "toys" to increase the rate of fire. Hell bump stocks arnt even outlawed yet and they have come out with the newest "upgrade". Search binary trigger. Ban mag capacity and they will find a way to make a AR belt fed.

That's okay -- it would still allow LE to bust people who were using banned items and it would force the gun manufacturers to invest their profits into research and development, if that happens.

Better yet.............make the bans based upon the function itself, rather than the existing device that makes that function possible. For example, 'any device that increases the rate of current fire is prohibited and illegal'. 'Any belt or other device designed to allow feeding in excess of current legal magazine regulations is prohibited and illegal'. Then, enforce those bans/laws strictly.

And, yeah, I know criminals who want to build those kinds of devices and have the know-how will do it. It would still take a lot of that shit off the market and make a statement about changing priorities for the better in this country.

02-16-2018 11:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Love Child Offline
Mocker

Something that is annoying to me is how many adults keep saying that it is so surprising how well spoken some of these kids are. I want to listen to these kids more, want their voices to be heard, they know what this is like, we don't, or I don't.

The other annoying thing is bots-and bots who say this school shooting or any school shooting is fake and these are all actors. WTF that is messed up.

Yesterday 03:24 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(Yesterday 03:24 AM)Love Child Wrote:  The other annoying thing is bots-and bots who say this school shooting or any school shooting is fake and these are all actors. WTF that is messed up.

There is an entire group of people who call these types of things false flags, many of them follow Alex Jones (InfoWars). They think the Sandy Hook killings never happened and they believe our government was behind 9/11. Those are just a couple examples. They're all a bunch of fuckin' weirdos.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yesterday 05:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

F.U. Offline
Mock Elder

(02-16-2018 11:59 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(02-16-2018 11:06 PM)F.U. Wrote:  Banning different parts of a firearm, like bump stocks, will do nothing. Companies are constantly looking for new "toys" to increase the rate of fire. Hell bump stocks arnt even outlawed yet and they have come out with the newest "upgrade". Search binary trigger. Ban mag capacity and they will find a way to make a AR belt fed.

Better yet.............make the bans based upon the function itself, rather than the existing device that makes that function possible. For example, 'any device that increases the rate of current fire is prohibited and illegal'. 'Any belt or other device designed to allow feeding in excess of current legal magazine regulations is prohibited and illegal'. Then, enforce those bans/laws strictly.

That's what it will take, but I don't see that happening. I say that because all you hear is talk about the banning of features or "assault rifles" themselves. Hi cap mags, bump fire stocks, Ar15's, etc. They call them out by name, not by concept/design/what ever the right word is. Look back at the first ban. While short lived they targeted name brands or add on features. They don't think about the fact that people will find a way to circumvent these bans.
As time goes on I am becoming less and less concerned that there will ever be another ban in my lifetime. Not saying there wont be one in the future, but I doubt I will ever see another one.

Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
Yesterday 08:37 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

The F.B.I screwed the pooch on this one. What good is telling them there is a problem if they don't do anything. They say they couldn't find this nut. That's a bit of a stretch I think and they certainly have enough manpower and technological tools they can use. The only thing this will do is maybe wake them up a bit. They have 35,000 people on their payroll.

Yesterday 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

^ words cannot adequately express how much of a failure this is. It should be considered criminal. If we can find the agent that took the tip and crumpled it up and threw it in the garbage, then prosecute their ass.

The FBI Director should step down as well.

Citizens notified the Feds twice about this POS and nobody follows up? In this day and age, where mass shootings are a weekly occurrence?

I get it. We won’t stop all of them, but this is one that could’ve been, and now 17 people are dead because somebody decided to not look into a potential lead.

I’m bewildered and if I were a parent I’d want someone to pay for this.

Yesterday 02:31 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Something feels different about this shooting, maybe it's the kids speaking out, they aren't children, yet they aren't adults either but they have got their shit together and many of them have been able to articulate what this is like for them, not to say the grieving loved ones don't make an impact, of course they do, but these young people speaking now are on a whole other level.

Yesterday 04:33 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Does anyone disagree with this?

Yesterday 06:02 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

He’s spot on.

In another week, the memory of this incident will have melded in with all the others, and we’ll continue as usual.

Until the next, where the outrage and prayers will follow.

As the NBC show aptly says, “This is us”.

This is the new normal in America.

As long as the NRA and Gun Loving bullies shout ‘2nd Amendment, 2nd Amendment’ everytime an incident occurs, nothing will ever change.

I dare say, it’ll take someone getting into the US Capitol Bldg.and mowing down some of our Reps before something MAY change.

It won’t be a guarantee.

Newtown came and went. We imagined 6 and 7 year old ripped to shreds and not a thing was done.

Come on people, This Is Us

Yesterday 06:24 PM

Love Child Offline
Mocker

It makes me cry. I still feel sick, but tonight and last night I was finally able to get alot of it out and write it down and share it with others.
Sorry, being in the mountains for 2 years softened me up, I am no longer numb to this as I once was.

I looked at the timeline today that it took Nikolas Cruz to kill shoot and kill 17 people.
2:19 PM He was dropped off by Uber driver.
2:21 He begins shooting.
2:28 He is leaving the school.

7 minutes.

And yes Duchess, this does feel different. I seem to recall only hearing from parents before after these shootings-or adults, teachers and it seems we immedietly began hearing from the students. And also yes, there is something extraordinary about these students, but like I said earlier, I bet we would find this is the norm across America. (At least I like to think so)

Today 04:32 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

The students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High are not at all afraid to exercise their first amendment rights and not afraid to call out politicians for lack of action when it comes to increased gun safety and control. Good for them -- I truly hope their passion, words and protests will affect positive change.

Some of the students were transformed into activists as soon as the gunfire stopped. One of them is senior Emma Gonzalez. She gave an impassioned speech yesterday calling bullshit on all the standard pro-gun/NRA excuses and the politicians owned by the NRA who continue to push for laxer gun restrictions (including the President).

I was disappointed but not surprised to see President Trump pull a completely narcissistic dick move in regards to the shooting. He made it about him.........again.

President Trump ignorantly tweeted that if the FBI wasn't so busy investigating Russian meddling and his campaign, maybe they would have had time to investigate Nikolas Cruz. Well, the FBI did indeed fuck up big time, no doubt.

But, the call center and agents who handle community tips like the ones about Cruz are obviously not in the same division as those dedicated to foreign intervention. And, even if they were the same, it's pitiful that our President can't put aside his personal beefs and insecurities in the wake of such a painful tragedy.

Today 03:44 PM

Love Child Offline
Mocker

Yeah, if it weren't for Russia 17 people would not be dead today. Sad. Did we mention how sad he was, he is very sad.
Such bullshit.
Fucking bullshit.
People are blaming parenting, toxic masculinity, violent video games and movies, hollywood! Oh and don't forget pharmacy! It is not one thing, it is more than one thing and there are several solutions, not just one.

Today 04:22 PM

BigMark Online
Mocker

They should outlaw selling guns to mentally ill people.

Today 04:33 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(02-16-2018 02:25 PM)sally Wrote:  Wasn't there police presence at the school when he managed to kill 17 people? I thought that's what I read.

At first, there was a statement that the armed guard was on a different part of campus at the time and never encountered the shooter.

Then, I read that the armed guard/school resource officer, a Broward Sheriff’s deputy funded by the city of Parkland, may not have been on campus at all at the time -- maybe it was his day off, maybe he got called off campus...

If that security officer wasn't there at all when the school was attacked, it's going to be another big black mark on another LE agency.

What has been confirmed in terms of security:

1. Marjory Stoneman Douglas school is very prepared for emergencies and attacks, as compared to most schools.

2. Aside from the armed guard, there are gates and fences all around the perimeter of the school which are locked during school hours -- EXCEPT at the start and end of the day when staff unlocks the doors so that students and teachers can get in and out.

3. Cruz knew there was security at his chosen target. But, he got around it by going to the school at the end of day, when the doors had just been unlocked. He wore his purple ROTC shirt, which many other students wear on Wednesdays. That's how he was able to blend in and escape the school undetected in the chaos. It's suspected that he pulled the fire alarm to lure more students and teachers out in the open, but that part hasn't been confirmed yet.

Refs:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browar...story.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...nd-in.html

Today 05:44 PM