Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
The judge in the Tennessee Waffle House shooting case waived standard protocol and revoked the shooter's bond today, in response to the court being inundated with calls from outraged members of the public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...utcry.html
Illinois School Shooting

[Image: 4C54013500000578-0-image-a-4_1526541162116.jpg]

Matthew A. Milby, 19, of Dixon has been charged with aggravated discharge of a firearm, aggravated discharge at a school employee and aggravated discharge at a school building.

Milby was shot in the shoulder by a police officer after firing shots in an Illinois high school hallway. Milby had recently been kicked off the football team for smoking pot.

When he opened fire yesterday, seniors were gathering near the gym to take part in a rehearsal for graduation.

Milby remains hospitalized with what authorities describe as non-life-threatening injuries. Fortunately, Milby was the only person shot in the incident.

Teachers and students barricaded themselves in classrooms when the shots rung out and the school resource officer, Mark Dallas, immediately rushed towards the shooter. Officer Dallas has been hailed as a hero.

Milby's mother said she is grateful that Officer Dallas didn't kill her son. She said she had no idea where her son got the gun he used in the shooting, but students interviewed told reporters that it was well known that he had guns.

His mother also claims he was bullied and ostracized, but that too conflicts with what students told reporters.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ficer.html
Resource officers that are not cowards is the answer.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Those charges don't seem to be severe enough. I say that not knowing how serious they really are, but I aggravate people all the time.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Smiley_emoticons_smile Aggravating people are sometimes the best kind.

The ‘aggravated’ addition to the charges essentially means that there are factors making the alleged crimes most serious.

The 3 aggravated charges Milby currently faces are Class X felonies in Illinois. If he’s convicted, he’s therefore not eligible for probation and the minimum sentence on each count is 6 to 30 years.

Milby was released from the hospital and transferred to jail today. His bond was set at $2million.

It’s possible that the charges against him will be revised to include attempted murder as the investigation continues.

Okay, that satisfies me. hah Thank you, HotD!
There are bad judges everywhere. Feeley in Mass. is one of them.

Feeley ruled Tuesday that a notorious local drug dealer, Manuel Soto-Vittini, will not serve any time in prison despite pleading guilty to charges of drug possession with intent to distribute. In particular, Salem police officers arrested Soto-Vittini in June 2015. They found over 40 small bags of heroin (and two small bags of cocaine) hidden in secret compartments inside his luxurious black Volvo. According to police reports, Soto-Vittini is a major dealer, who for years has been a central player in the city’s heroin trade. In short, he is directly responsible for the opioid epidemic plaguing Salem, which has taken countless lives. He is a peddler of poison; a merchant of death.

Among many other stupid decisions

Defense attorneys actually postpone some cases until their clients land in this guys court.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I don't know what judges in drug trials have to do with charges filed by prosecutors in shooting cases Mags.

But, it's a massive stretch which defies credibility to suggest that any one judge or collection of judges is responsible for the Opioid epidemic in any one location or collection of locations.
Santa Fe, Texas -- High School Shooting

[Image: santa_fe_lockdownhouston228jpg?wid=767&h...&%24wide-bg%24]

Very sad day for the town of about 13,000 people. At least 8 people are confirmed dead after a fire alarm was pulled and shots were fired at 7:45 a.m.

Police report that the suspect is in custody. It is suspected that the shooter pulled the fire alarm, as in Parkland, to create confusion.

When active shooter alarms are activated, students and teachers are taught to barricade and shelter in classrooms. When fire alarms are activated, on the other hand, students and teachers are taught to quickly exit buildings.

Story developing. https://www.abc15.com/homepage-showcase/...igh-school
Sheriff Gonzalez just told reporters that the Santa Fe High School shooting suspect is a male student.

He said another male student is being detained as a person of interest.

The sheriff said he does not yet know what type of firearm was used and the campus is being searched now.
[Image: article-5745025-4C68A60F00000578-208_964x508.jpg]

-- The Santa Fe High School shooter has been identified by law enforcement as 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagoutzis (pictured left), who was reportedly armed with AR-15-style rifle, shotgun and pistol.

-- Officials say suspect left explosive devices inside the school building and at another site off campus.

--Shooting took place between 7.30-7.45am during art class at Santa Fe High School in Texas.

-- Law enforcement officials say as many as 10 people are dead and 12 are injured, including a police officer. Rest in Peace.

-- Student said she saw a gunman shoot a girl in the leg, prompting lockdown.

-- The Gunman was taken into custody at around 9am local time and a second person, also a male student, was detained for questioning.

-- Santa Fe's senior class was scheduled to graduate on Sunday. :(

-- On his now-deleted Facebook page, Pagourtzis on April 30 shared a photo of a black T-shirt with the words 'Born to Kill' printed across the front

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z5FsbnCUKH

Today I read that 2018 has been deadlier for school kids than for service members. How can that be. Rhetorical question :(
(05-18-2018, 02:51 PM)Duchess Wrote: Today I read that 2018 has been deadlier for school kids than for service members. How can that be. Rhetorical question :(

22 school shootings this year and we're not even half way through the year.

The Santa Fe school shooter reportedly used his dad's legally-owned shotgun and pistol. Shotgun wounds are horrendous.

There was no mention of the previously cited "AR15-type rifle" in the latest update.

I wonder what he used to concoct the explosives he is said to have planted on the school grounds.

He stormed into an art classroom and just started shooting.

The school resource officer, John Barnes, 49, is a recently-retired police officer. He bravely confronted the shooter right away and was shot in the elbow. He is reportedly in serious condition.

One of the shooter's friends says he was into war and simulation video games, but had never talked about shooting up the school.

The latest report indicates two other students were detained for questioning.

Reports state that the shooter planned on committing suicide but chickened out.

Latest: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ooter.html
Santa Fe High School -- Fatal Shooting Victims

Nine of the ten deceased victims have been identified publicly by their family members.

[Image: sei_13095384.jpg?w=748&h=449&crop=1]
Top row: Art teacher Cynthia Tisdale, student Shana Fisher, Pakistan exchange student Sabika Sheikh, substitute teacher Anna Perkins.
Bottom Row: Students Christian Garcia, Angelique Ramirez, Aaron Kyle McLeod, Kim Vaughan, and Chris Stone. 42424242424242424242

Ten additional people, including the school resource officer, were wounded. Two reportedly remain in critical condition.

More about the victims: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...oting.html

Man. Sitting in art class. *sigh* Sitting in a movie theater, sitting in a church, sitting in a nightclub, sitting at a concert. It's all so awful and sadsadsad.

The seniors from Parkland were in their last day of school, just another memory trashed by gun violence.
In the Santa Fe, Texas case.......the 17-year-old shooter has already been charged with 10 counts of capital murder, meaning he's eligible for the death penalty and not eligible for bond.

This shooter reportedly confessed to the crimes immediately, and his cell phone and journal contain written evidence of his intent to murder and then kill himself. It's eerie if he was wearing the "Born to Kill" t-shirt underneath his Nazi symbol adorned trench coach when he slaughtered 10 people.

Anyway, Santa Fe is rural Texas. It's interesting to hear the difference in public statements from politicians there vs. other locations following a mass murder. The governor, Abbott, spoke at an NRA conference recently. He proclaimed that the problem of gun violence has nothing to do with gun accessibility, but rather "Godless hearts". Today he said the community is going to talk. He and the other leaders at the local press conference today all asked repeatedly for prayers.

The congressman said that the school resource officer definitely saved lives and he is proof that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. This despite the fact that the resource officer was first to confront the shooter and was immediately shot and incapacitated, almost bleeding to death and still in critical condition. He did not stop the shooter, whereas both unarmed and armed people have stopped shooters in other recent cases.
Don't get me wrong. If people want to pray and ask for prayers, no problem here. If they want to blame gun violence on people who don't worship God (even though many of the mass shooters are Christians), that's their prerogative, no matter how ignorant I find it. And, it's not the brave resource officer's fault that he was unable to stop the shooter despite his best efforts.

It just strikes me as a stark reminder as to how deeply the defense and worship of guns is embedded culturally in some parts of our country, with God as their answer to the problem of gun violence.................. no matter what the reality. It'll be interesting to see if the youth there accept that standard quo or instead demand change.

I think it's going to be the young people who effect change.

I've seen some of the hate directed towards David Hogg & Emma Gonzalez and it's pretty intense. I've seen their pix chopped to include targets in place of their heads, I've seen them on the end of a rope, just a shit ton of godawful chopped pix and a lot of quotes attributed to them that they've never said, many death threats and so many wild accusations. It's nuts!
Within minutes of the Santa Fe HS shooter being named, there were fake profiles for him set up on Facebook and other social media. In one, he’d been Photoshopped to be wearing a Hillary Clinton cap and supporting Antifa. It’s confounding how many people buy into such crap because it aligns with their biases. But they really do believe it.

Some far right extremists are already claiming the Santa Fe HS surviving students who were interviewed are scripted crisis actors too. Gullible people who refuse to accept reality.

Anyway, I’m not sure the youth of rural Santa Fe, Texas will respond similarly to the youth of suburban Parkland, Florida. The Texan teens have probably been more indoctrinated to gun culture, I imagine. But, I read the Santa Fe HS students had participated in a walkout after Parkland, so it’s possible they’ll rebel against the status quo too.
(05-17-2018, 03:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Okay, that satisfies me. hah Thank you, HotD!

Tan chicken, tan cow!