Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses:
Your gift: you get to make 500 Mock posts in 2014.

Yeah, it's one of "those" gifts that benefits the giver more than the receiver.

Still, it's the thought that counts.

[Image: 291685.jpg]

I saw him here yesterday but I didn't have time to hangout.

Happy Birthday, Clad!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I wonder if Clad is really only 25?

He seems mature, I thought he was older.

How many Bottom1 are in order today, Clad?
Unless clad has got something new about ancient Egypt to share with the group I don't think he's that bothered.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Oops.

Ya' caught me missing a day from time to time.

It wasn't my birthday and I got way more of them than 25.

I do have some new stuff about Egypt if you wanna hear it.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
I hear they found a new step pyramid.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-03-2014, 06:49 PM)Maggot Wrote: I hear they found a new step pyramid.

They're making a mountain out of a molehill. It really means nothing at all. It was lost under a pile of rubble and was merely a "provincial pyramid" to start with. These little 48' pyramids were spread up and down the Nile in no logical pattern and are probably intended largely to mark the region as being under a single king.

Nothing is really known that far back so all conclusionsare tentative.

You're really up on it since this just was released today;

http://www.livescience.com/43051-step-py...egypt.html

Don't take too much of it seriously.
(02-03-2014, 05:03 PM)cladking Wrote: I do have some new stuff about Egypt if you wanna hear it.

I'd like to hear it, clad.

What's the news?
(02-03-2014, 07:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'd like to hear it, clad.

What's the news?

Cool. Dancingparty

There's not a lot I enjoy more than talking about the pyramid builders. There's a lot of irony here since Egyptologists feel the same way and they completely misunderstand the ancients because they were so quick to jump to conclusions. I pretty much understand the Pyramid Texts now so new things jump out everytime I read it.

This is the first time I'm "publishing" this anywhere by the by. If it is correct it will be the first time these concepts have seen the light of day in more than 4000 years.

One tougher passage has been;

Utterance 528.

1250a. Further, to say: O Swnt, who traverses the sky nine times in the night,
1250b. lay hold of the arm of N. for life;
1250c. ferry him on this sea.
1250d. (So) N. descends into this boat of the god,
1250e. in which the corporation of the Ennead rows,
1250f. to row N. in it.
1251a. "The chapter of Bdw" is recited for thee;
1251b. "the chapter of natron" is recited for thee.
1251c. Incense stands (as chief) before the Great Ennead,
1251d. while Bdw is seated before (or, in) the great ’itr.t-palace.

Since the meaning is in context these are incomprehenmsible if you don't know the context. Even when I know all the referents it doesn't help because you must understand the context. In modern language each word derives its meaning from context and everybody has somewhat different definitions so no two people understand a sentence quite the same way. But ancient language used fixed definitions and meaning was expressed by context.

Since I didn't understand the first line my understanding was just in probabilities based on the possible meanings of this line. I was sure I got the gist of it but missed a great deal. Even though I knew every word except "bdw" and "swnt" meaning was not certain. From the knowledge I had I could deduce that "swnt" was some strange reciprocal of the hours in a night and this line placed the utterance during the brief period in June that there were nine hours in a night.

It's always like a thunder bolt when I get it but in this case I could almost hear the bell ringing. It is the sound wave from the bell tower that traverses the sky nine times in a night. Now that my understanding is nailed down I can work on understanding the nature of "bdw". This is probably a minor natural phenomenon harnessed at the bottom of the pyramid to lift stones. It's important enough to constitute a chapter in the "Book of Thot" however so it's not insignificant. It could be as direct as the "natural phenomenon of knot tying" but this doesn't seem to fit well.

I suspect that Egyptian bells were heavy bronze rods hung from rope. They would quickly have learned to tune them by fluting the bottom end. A proper "bell" probably didn't exist until centuries later. Pound for pound a rod is nearly as loud as a bell shape and more easily made. This is however, merely speculation.
(02-03-2014, 09:31 PM)cladking Wrote: This is probably a minor natural phenomenon harnessed at the bottom of the pyramid to lift stones. It's important enough to constitute a chapter in the "Book of Thot" however so it's not insignificant. It could be as direct as the "natural phenomenon of knot tying" but this doesn't seem to fit well.

So, are you a fan?

Of Aleister I mean, not Mr. Osbourne.

I hope your deciphering and interpretation can some day be validated.

If that happens and you share it here, my thoths are that a virtual celebration bash would be in order and we can really tarot up.

Good to see you, clad.
(02-03-2014, 11:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 09:31 PM)cladking Wrote: This is probably a minor natural phenomenon harnessed at the bottom of the pyramid to lift stones. It's important enough to constitute a chapter in the "Book of Thot" however so it's not insignificant. It could be as direct as the "natural phenomenon of knot tying" but this doesn't seem to fit well.

So, are you a fan?

Of Aleister I mean, not Mr. Osbourne.

I hope your deciphering and interpretation can some day be validated.

If that happens and you share it here, my thoths are that a virtual celebration bash would be in order and we can really tarot up.

Good to see you, clad.

Thanks.

I had heard of Crowley but didn't know anything about him so wiki'ed it. He seems to have had most all the right interests but the "wrong" perspective.

Until it's realized that the story of the tower of babel is real and that we are speaking a confused language it's impossible to see the entire picture. Of course I merely stumbled on all this. Everything makes sense when you realize we are confused and superstitious and this is a condition that didn't exist until the collapse of the tower; the collapse of ancient language and science.

It seems lots of people have understood the situation in a left handed sort of way all along. Rod Serling "channeled" the ancients. I have an hypothesis why this might be. I believe it is a remnant of the natural human language which arose due to the way the brain is wired. This natural wiring is working on some very reduced level during deep sleep. Not REM sleep, but deep sleep. You can program yourself to solve problems as you sleep and even people who aren't aware of it often reach a conclusion in the morning. We just have to "sleep on it".

Some people do this so consistently that I either have to believe in magic or hypothesize that some people get their best ideas at night; like Crowley. Of course there could be other mechanisms that don't involve magic and for all I know, it is magic.

It is interesting that people go nuts (all the way) if deprived of this deep sleep. You xcan get eight hours of REM sleep a day and still go bonkers after about five days of no deep sleep.

I don't know. I got a million theories and wake up wiuth hundred more every morning. A combination of ancient and modern science will prove exceedingly powerful in the right hands.
(02-03-2014, 11:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: If that happens and you share it here, my thoths are that a virtual celebration bash would be in order and we can really tarot up.

That's the spirit. Relaxed Drink

"Spirit" originally was the effervescence that was the bubbles in the water.

The ancients often depicted people with two right hands due to perspective. It makes sense really;

[Image: th?id=H.4672328682506330&pid=15.1]
Crowley wrote a piece on the Book of Thoth.

Your interests reminds me of Crowley's, though your conclusions are polar opposites - assuming that I understand either of you properly, which is certainly not a given.

You seem to rage against what you label as "superstition" in seeking answers to ancient mysteries through logic and science. He, according to my understanding, considered the things labeled as "science" to be a product of man's limited thinking and experience and found greater understanding in the superstition, the magick, etc...

Crowley was fascinated with Eyptian text and times. He was also deep into language; the bastardization of it by modern man, the overuse of it to communicate, the interpretation of it by one man of the next - with contextual understanding being wholly dependent on the experience of the the man hearing/reading it and nothing else...

Some of his writings were very interesting and thought-provoking, with a satirical twist that I appreciate.

“To knot a sentence up properly, it has to be thought out carefully, and revised. New phrases have to be put in; sudden changes of subject must be introduced; verbs must be shifted to unsuspected localities; short words must be excised with ruthless hand; archaisms must be sprinkled like sugar-plums upon the concoction; the fatal human tendency to say things straightforwardly must be detected and defeated by adroit reversals; and, if a glimmer of meaning yet remain under close scrutiny, it must be removed by replacing all the principal verbs by paraphrases in some dead language.” - Aleister Crowley, from Moonchild

Course, he also wrote this:
Happiness lies within one's self, and the way to dig it out is cocaine. -Aleister Crowley, from Diary of a Drug Fiend

P.s. Not to trip over it or anything, but I think you're right that, considering the perspective, two right hands makes sense, really. Way more so than two left feet - to me, anyway. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(02-04-2014, 10:21 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Crowley wrote a piece on the Book of Thoth.

Your interests reminds me of Crowley's, though your conclusions are polar opposites - assuming that I understand either of you properly, which is certainly not a given.

You seem to rage against what you label as "superstition" in seeking answers to ancient mysteries through logic and science. He, according to my understanding, considered the things labeled as "science" to be a product of man's limited thinking and experience and found greater understanding in the superstition, the magick, etc...

My work on the pyramids has just upended everything I thought I knew. Actually this was far less tough on me than it will be on most people because I never did have as many beliefs as most people. Nothing is as it appears. Human beings are not only infinitely adaptable but there are an infinity of ways to understand the world, and our current way is not very close to any of the realities of nature. We misunderstand almost everything. "Religion" is ancient applied science and modern technology is a magic trick made possible by experimentation and language and is not a manifestation of knowledge. "Science" as we understand it doesn't truly exist at all and is mostly an outgrowth of logic and experiment. Intelligence is spread far more equally among God's creatures than we think. It almost would be more accurate to say there's no such thing as intelligence.

Ancient people were keenly aware of the realities of being human. We misapprehend it and have created a sort of frankenstein's monster of an understanding.

Quote:Crowley was fascinated with Eyptian text and times. He was also deep into language; the bastardization of it by modern man, the overuse of it to communicate, the interpretation of it by one man of the next - with contextual understanding being wholly dependent on the experience of the the man hearing/reading it and nothing else...

Yes. This very much has lept out at me and is something I'd barely recognized at all. I knew a lot of communication was flawed but never realized it is never very good.

Quote:Some of his writings were very interesting and thought-provoking, with a satirical twist that I appreciate.

“To knot a sentence up properly, it has to be thought out carefully, and revised. New phrases have to be put in; sudden changes of subject must be introduced; verbs must be shifted to unsuspected localities; short words must be excised with ruthless hand; archaisms must be sprinkled like sugar-plums upon the concoction; the fatal human tendency to say things straightforwardly must be detected and defeated by adroit reversals; and, if a glimmer of meaning yet remain under close scrutiny, it must be removed by replacing all the principal verbs by paraphrases in some dead language.” - Aleister Crowley, from Moonchild

I do a similar thing but for me I'm trying to discourage the casual reader. I figure if I complicate a thought or sentence that it will force a reader to pay closer attention. Then I'll drop in a few treats to encourage them.

Quote:Course, he also wrote this:
Happiness lies within one's self, and the way to dig it out is cocaine. -Aleister Crowley, from Diary of a Drug Fiend

Drugs are a scourge but the solution must be to give everyone alternatives rather than destroy an entire society in the name of keeping a few away from drugs. Most drugs could probably be "reworked" now days to take away their addictive qualities. Coke and Heroin are the only ones that always kills. These need some control.

Quote:P.s. Not to trip over it or anything, but I think you're right that, considering the perspective, two right hands makes sense, really. Way more so than two left feet - to me, anyway. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Once you recognize that the style was to draw what was important or central and that these people didn't think like us it starts making sense.
(02-04-2014, 08:33 PM)cladking Wrote: I do a similar thing but for me I'm trying to discourage the casual reader. I figure if I complicate a thought or sentence that it will force a reader to pay closer attention. Then I'll drop in a few treats to encourage them.

I noticed.

And, yet, I'm a casual reader who continues coming back for treats (sometimes I see them, sometimes I don't - but never feel discouraged).

I guess that proves the point upon which it seems you and Crowley agree - how humans see and interpret things is very much dependent on who they are as individuals. No matter how definitive a contextual foundation is attempted to be laid, perspectives are gonna vary.

I agree with that opinion, and with much of your post.

I'd never thought about it before, but it is interesting to ponder a world with hallucinogenic drugs that have been voided of the their addictive properties. Would it encourage more creative thinking and problem solving? Promote greater tolerance? Rid society of the perceived need for so many pain killers and medications? Enable a society of whacked out lazy dreamers who did little to nothing else, even with the "addictive" physical properties removed? IDK. But, I'd probably try them all, once.
(02-05-2014, 11:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I guess that proves the point upon which it seems you and Crowley agree - how humans see and interpret things is very much dependent on who they are as individuals. No matter how definitive a contextual foundation is attempted to be laid, perspectives are gonna vary.

Humans are infinitely adaptable. Any perspective can seem normal and any mode of thinking and speech can exist. Just as each Roman shared many characteristics we do as well and all humans are a product of their place and time. Reality is a sort of shared delusion.

Quote:I'd never thought about it before, but it is interesting to ponder a world with hallucinogenic drugs that have been voided of the their addictive properties. Would it encourage more creative thinking and problem solving? Promote greater tolerance? Rid society of the perceived need for so many pain killers and medications? Enable a society of whacked out lazy dreamers who did little to nothing else, even with the "addictive" physical properties removed? IDK. But, I'd probably try them all, once.

Anything that encourages drug use is bad but laws against drugs are even worse. I believe that if drugs were legal that the very low prices would result in a huge increase of death from overdose and people would see this and the most dangerous drugs would go out of style. People wouldn't use coke the first time if they knew they had enough money to be dead of an overdose in a few weeks. Some of these drugs would go so far out of style that they would require a lot of effort to obtain.

In many real ways it is the laws against drugs which allow them to be so popular. It's the illegality that causes some people to try them. They don't realize that a single time using coke is addictive.

Most of the hallucinogens are not abused. Users like them recreationally and know they are unable to drive or function normally. Most of them aren't very addictive either. The laws against pot are just nuts since it is far less destructive than alcohol. It is true that pot limits ambition a lot but modern society discourages ambition anyway so why not allow individual control?

Drugs aren't good but like medication they can address specific problems. I think one of the big things the do-gooders have against drugs is they think of it as self medication. Of course the biggest is they think everyone should suffer equally to the way they suffer in quiet desperation.
(02-05-2014, 03:50 PM)cladking Wrote: Most of the hallucinogens are not abused. Users like them recreationally and know they are unable to drive or function normally. Most of them aren't very addictive either. The laws against pot are just nuts since it is far less destructive than alcohol. It is true that pot limits ambition a lot but modern society discourages ambition anyway so why not allow individual control?

Drugs aren't good but like medication they can address specific problems. I think one of the big things the do-gooders have against drugs is they think of it as self medication. Of course the biggest is they think everyone should suffer equally to the way they suffer in quiet desperation.

I don't know whether most hallucinogens are not abused and whether their users are wiser than other drug users about normal functionality when under the influence. You might be right, I just personally don't know.

I do know people who've tried to drive on "natural hallucinogens", like mushrooms. Not wise. And, of course, there were all of those crazed "chemical hallucinogen" abusers, LSD and PCP fiends, who couldn't stop tripping and doing things they shouldn't - prompting the drugs' bans and halting research into potential medicinal benefits in the US. Eccentric bastards.

I think drugs can be good, at least the organic ones, without having to address a specific problem. It's not bad, to me, to do something for the sole purpose of achieving an altered state of thinking, feeling, or consciousness - as long as it's done responsibly and safely. Though the "physically" addictive properties are minimal or absent from hallucinogens, their proclivity to induce mental or behavioral addictions is something that's still debatable, AFAIK.

In any case, I have to be ready to drive without much notice, and think on my feet, and respond to emergencies... So, bad or good, organic or chemical, addictive or not - I wouldn't have an opportunity to partake and explore much at present, even if they were legal.

BUT, one day I shall have some giant blocks of free time, maybe retire, then...Smiley_emoticons_hurra3
(02-05-2014, 04:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 03:50 PM)cladking Wrote: Most of the hallucinogens are not abused. Users like them recreationally and know they are unable to drive or function normally. Most of them aren't very addictive either. The laws against pot are just nuts since it is far less destructive than alcohol. It is true that pot limits ambition a lot but modern society discourages ambition anyway so why not allow individual control?

I don't know whether most hallucinogens are not abused and whether their users are wiser than other drug users about normal functionality when under the influence. You might be right, I just personally don't know.

I do know people who've tried to drive on "natural hallucinogens", like mushrooms. Not wise. And, of course, there were all of those crazed "chemical hallucinogen" abusers, LSD and PCP fiends, who couldn't stop tripping and doing things they shouldn't - prompting the drugs' bans and halting research into potential medicinal benefits in the US. Eccentric bastards.

I think drugs can be good, at least the organic ones, without having to address a specific problem. It's not bad, to me, to do something for the sole purpose of achieving an altered state of thinking, feeling, or consciousness - as long as it's done responsibly and safely. Though the "physically" addictive properties are minimal or absent from hallucinogens, their proclivity to induce mental or behavioral addictions is something that's still debatable, AFAIK.

In any case, I have to be ready to drive without much notice, and think on my feet, and respond to emergencies... So, bad or good, organic or chemical, addictive or not - I wouldn't have an opportunity to partake and explore much at present, even if they were legal.

BUT, one day I shall have some giant blocks of free time, maybe retire, then...Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

Weed-2

I imagine I know what I'd be doing were it legal.

And I'd probably make more progress with less pain and distractions.