Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm learning to cook
My wife does all the cooking there's not even any debate she knows I am fucking hopeless. Well maybe not anymore! A brother of one of my mates is a classically trained chef and he's housebound with a bad back injury for what looks like quite a while to recouperate.

He says he will teach me whenever I have the time so I'm going to do it because I'm sick of being a retard in the kitchen. He's going to teach me pastry and the French classics.

Or try to anyway!

Lol.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I sometimes think I would like to learn how to cook wonderful dishes but then the thought passes.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm not sure that I like to cook as much as I like food. I don't like the fuss of something that takes hours and hours of preparation and five minutes to eat , that's for sure. I love no fuss food. Food that you can throw together in 30 minutes or less but is packed full of flavour. Or food that cooks itself over time i.e. Slow cooked meats etc.

I think that's why I like Asian food so much; minimal fuss, maximum flavour.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I'm domestically challenged. That's why I like my men house broken and talented in the kitchen and the rest of the house.
That's why you don't have any men..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(01-13-2014, 05:14 PM)crash Wrote: That's why you don't have any men..

That you know about!

Addit: I was married to someone who was a domestic goddess, but the problem was he took the goddess thing into a whole other direction. I couldn't compete with ladyboy_manila
(01-13-2014, 05:23 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 05:14 PM)crash Wrote: That's why you don't have any men..

That you know about!

Addit: I was married to someone who was a domestic goddess, but the problem was he took the goddess thing into a whole other direction. I couldn't compete with ladyboy_manila

hah

CN is going to make pastries.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(01-13-2014, 05:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I sometimes think I would like to learn how to cook wonderful dishes but then the thought passes.

Yep...me too.
(01-13-2014, 06:24 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Yep...me too.

Sista! *fist bump*

(01-13-2014, 06:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 06:24 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Yep...me too.

Sista! *fist bump*

hah

I always say I'm going to take a cooking class. I'm afraid I won't follow through.

Maybe I'll ask a friend to go with me and keep me motivated.
CN makes Christmas dinner.

(01-13-2014, 06:49 PM)sally Wrote: CN makes Christmas dinner.

hah...
(01-13-2014, 05:10 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I'm domestically challenged. That's why I like my men house broken and talented in the kitchen and the rest of the house.
I'm domestically talented except when it comes to fixing things of a mechanical nature. Marry me? Lol.
(01-13-2014, 05:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

*cough*I'dgladlybeyouandaussiespersonalchef*cough*
(01-14-2014, 01:06 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: *cough*I'dgladlybeyouandaussiespersonalchef*cough*

I'd be so happy to have you. No joke!

Can you make antipasto? Lasagna like my Mom used to? I like garlic bread a lot so, for future reference, don't make too much of it, I'll eat it all.
(01-13-2014, 06:49 PM)sally Wrote: CN makes Christmas dinner.

Lol.

Funny but inaccurate.

I think you'll find BOTH my arms are small and malformed actually!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-14-2014, 02:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 01:06 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: *cough*I'dgladlybeyouandaussiespersonalchef*cough*

I'd be so happy to have you. No joke!

Can you make antipasto? Lasagna like my Mom used to? I like garlic bread a lot so, for future reference, don't make too much of it, I'll eat it all.
I can make lasagna like my mom used to make(helped my mom make it all the time) and lasagna rolls(our Church had a cooking class taught by an actual Italian guy). Never made antipasto before but I've eaten plenty of it at Church dinners. It's cold pasta salad how hard could it be? Garlic bread: garlic, butter, bread. Tastes great but even I get bored making/eating garlic bread.
(01-14-2014, 05:13 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: It's cold pasta salad how hard could it be? Garlic bread: garlic, butter, bread. Tastes great but even I get bored making/eating garlic bread.

No hire for you, mister!

...and further more, there's way more to making awesome garlic bread than slapping some butter on bread and throwing a little garlic on it.

Next!

[Image: 180973-standard.jpg]
(01-14-2014, 05:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 05:13 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: It's cold pasta salad how hard could it be? Garlic bread: garlic, butter, bread. Tastes great but even I get bored making/eating garlic bread.

No hire for you, mister!

...and further more, there's way more to making awesome garlic bread than slapping some butter on bread and throwing a little garlic on it.

Next!

[Image: 180973-standard.jpg]
well yeah there are other ways to make garlic bread but I don't think you can legally call them garlic bread or tasty.
Hell yeah you can, Clang. A nice slice of crusty toasted Italian bread, drizzled with good olive oil and rubbed with a fresh clove of garlic is heaven. Top it with fresh tomato, parmesan, red pepper flakes and sea salt and I could live off that alone.