Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ALEX "A-ROD" RODRIGUEZ: CHEATER?
DOPING PROTOCOL MORE SOPHISTICATED THAN THAT OF LANCE ARMSTRONG, ACCORDING TO USADA

[Image: baseball-yankees-rodriguez.jpg]

Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz Saturday upheld commissioner Bud Selig's suspension of Alex Rodriguez, star baseball player for the New York Yankees, reducing Selig's original 211-game suspension to 162, plus postseason games, for the 2014 season. Rodriquez is accused of doping.

Rodriguez filed a lawsuit against MLB and the MLB Players Association Monday
seeking to vacate the ruling, making public Horowitz's detailed report in the process.

A-Rod's regimen, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) CEO Travis Tygart told the Associated Press, consisted of "a potent cocktail of sophisticated PEDs stacked together to deliver power, aid recovery, avoid detection and create a home run champion."

"No one who cares about clean sports likes to hear it," said Tygart, who led the USADA investigation that led to the lifetime ban of Armstrong for doping. "And don't just take my word for it. Look at the findings of an independent arbitrator who saw all the evidence, sat through the testimony and laid the whole conspiracy out."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team...z2qcX4Bbqt
He's a bum.

He's also completely unlikeable.

Good riddance, A-Roid.
A baseball player on steroids? Say it ain't so?

Next revelation? Bear shits in woods! Pope Francis declares interest in Catholicism!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-17-2014, 05:49 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Say it ain't so?

Holy shit. I just used that very same expression. It's like we're in tune with each other! Wooooo.

I've been hearing about this story for so long now but never paid much attention. It was always reported in such a way as to seem there is an overwhelming amount of evidence to back up the claims. The reality is, there is no evidence. I watched the 60 Minutes interview of the man who claims to have administered the drugs. I didn't find him believable.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
There is compelling circumstantial evidence which supports A-Rod's suspension and justifies further investigation of Rodriguez, IMO.

Like Lance Armstrong, Rodriguez and his doctors may well simply have a protocol for administering the performance-enhancing drugs, a protocol which enabled Rodriguez to dope and still show clean on the MLB tests. It’s all in the timing and dosages and knowing the likely time frame during which a test could be administered (as Bosch outlined).

The fact that none of A-Rod’s tests have come back positive for doping doesn’t mean that there is no evidence against him. The testimony of his doctor, the timing and contents of the doctor’s visits and messages with A-Rod, the fact that he refuses to testify because he might incriminate himself…there's probably more that we don't know about. Circumstantial evidence - what most cases are based upon.

Why would a doctor who will no longer be able to attract high-dollar athlete clients lie? What does the USADA have to gain by falsely pursuing Rodriguez? Why won’t A-Rod testify and instead chooses to exert his right not to incriminate himself by taking the 5th, if he has nothing to hide? Why would the baseball commissioner and an unbiased legal arbitrator, one with a record of fairness and open-mindedness in hearing thousands of labor disputes, want to bring such negative attention to the sport by creating false claims of doping against Rodriguez?

At the end of the day, I don’t think Rodriguez using the media only to present his side and suing everyone and their brother is gonna do anything but hurt him. IMO, that deflection is not working in his favor now, and it will hurt him more when he again refuses to testify about doping under oath in legal cases that he's initiated.

This isn’t going to end up with A-Rod in the “unfairly persecuted victim of conspiracy” role. I think he’s going down the Lance Armstrong path and he will be proven to be a major doper and an ego-driven liar who's been enabled for years by a network of "yes" men. JMO.
He admitted doing steroids in a 2009 interview. He said he took those PED's from 2001-2003 while with the Rangers.

The new allegations are from the last few years while with the Yankees.

He's lying and MLB has the goods on him.

I pretty much don't care one way or another. I was just so surprised to hear Scott Pelley say there was no evidence in the way of a positive drug test against him, that's all. From everything I had heard/read recently I thought there was a "smoking gun" that absolutely established his guilt.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]