Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
THE PERVERT THREAD
The girl from the neighborhood never said anything about what Collins did to her, as far as I know. A lot of kids don't, especially back then. But, some did/do when they're old enough to process what happened and they're not afraid to tell the secret.

The girl who came forward was one of the two former family members he's admitted to being sexual with when they were little girls.

Pedophiles who act on their urges put themselves in situations (work, volunteerism, public places) where they're around children. That doesn't mean that no one with pedophelic urges ever does anything innocently for the benefit of children; I can't speak to Collins' motives in terms of his charity work. To me, sincere charity work for the benefit of strangers isn't atonement for wrongs done to ones known victims, in any case.

Child molestation by entertainers isn't a shocker -- the entertainment biz has been accused (and often proven) to have its share of pedophiles and abusers. The public's adoration for celebrities helps them gain access to a lot of things, including other people's children. Sometimes legitimate claims of child molestation against celebrities get hushed by money, covered-up, or aren't believed and then are later proven. Jimmy Savile is one of the worst examples of using stardom to prey on children and getting away with it for decades. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile

Personally, knowing what he did and listening to his tone and his words in talking about it makes it impossible for me to view Collins as anybody's victim or to give a shit what happens to him next. I won't feel any outrage on his behalf if his wife indeed outed him for financial gain or outta revenge for finding out that she married a child molester.

I'm having second thoughts. I'm a hypocrite about other things so I guess I can be about this too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-08-2014, 06:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm having second thoughts. I'm a hypocrite about other things so I guess I can be about this too.

Leggo my Eggo!!!

[Image: 400_WAFFLE%20PLAIN%20ROUND.jpg]
Commando Cunt Queen

I can't help it. The recording of private conversations irks the fuck out of me.
(10-08-2014, 05:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The girl from the neighborhood never said anything about what Collins did to her, as far as I know. A lot of kids don't, especially back then. But, some did/do when they're old enough to process what happened and they're not afraid to tell the secret.

The girl who came forward was one of the two former family members he's admitted to being sexual with when they were little girls.

Pedophiles who act on their urges put themselves in situations (work, volunteerism, public places) where they're around children. That doesn't mean that no one with pedophelic urges ever does anything innocently for the benefit of children; I can't speak to Collins' motives in terms his charity work. To me, sincere charity work for the benefit of strangers isn't atonement for wrongs done to ones known victims, in any case.

Child molestation by entertainers isn't a shocker -- the entertainment biz has been accused (and often proven) to have its share of pedophiles and abusers. The public's adoration for celebrities helps them gain access to a lot of things, including other people's children. Sometimes legitimate claims of child molestation against celebrities get hushed by money, covered-up, or aren't believed and then are later proven. Jimmy Savile is one of the worst examples of using stardom to prey on children and getting away with it for decades. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile

Personally, knowing what he did and listening to his tone and his words in talking about it makes it impossible for me to view Collins as anybody's victim or to give a shit what happens to him next. I won't feel any outrage on his behalf if his wife indeed outed him for financial gain or outta revenge for finding out that she married a child molester.

No "girl" came forward, right? She's a fully grown adult...what, in her late 50's now? That's a pretty long time to process.

I haven't listened to the recording so maybe that would cause me to feel angrier about what he did. I don't know...when I've been in family therapy and stuff with my daughter, I probably sound pretty damn monotone most of the time. I have no idea why. Sensitive subjects combined with a lot of thought that goes in to my words and my inner Siri comes out.

If you want me to hate him, you're going to have to give me something more current than 40 years ago. That's a god damn life time.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-08-2014, 06:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I can't help it. The recording of private conversations irks the fuck out of me.

Me too. Especially under the guise of "therapy". Nobody forced him to go there or to talk about what had happened (so one could assume that he went there with good intentions and spoke about it despite how badly it made him look) and the bitch is recording him?

Just ignore HotD. She's trying to fill our heads with nonsense. Twat
Commando Cunt Queen
I don't mind that you're focused on the recording part and the poor betrayed child molester, French Fry.

Whether you like, hate, or don't care about him and what he did doesn't matter to me.

Making such a recording isn't my style, but it wasn't illegal (and I've never found out that a lover was a child molester -- not sure what I'd do in such an awful circumstance).

Anyway, I'm instead focused on the child molestation "nonsense" and glad that Collins' chances of doing it again (which IS illegal) will now be minimized.

Different priorities is all.

P.s. I don't know how many girls have lodged complaints and when -- I only know about the one mentioned in the tape -- could be more allegations from her and others dating back decades that were never made public, or not -- remains to be seen.
(10-08-2014, 07:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't mind that you're focused on the recording part and the poor betrayed child molester, French Fry.

Whether you like, hate, or don't care about him and what he did doesn't matter to me.

Making such a recording isn't my style, but it wasn't illegal (and I've never found out that a lover was a child molester -- not sure what I'd do in such an awful circumstance).

Anyway, I'm instead focused on the child molestation "nonsense" and glad that Collins' chances of doing it again (which IS illegal) will now be minimized.

Different priorities is all.

P.s. I don't know how many girls have lodged complaints and when -- I only know about the one mentioned in the tape -- could be more allegations from her and others dating back decades that were never made public, or not -- remains to be seen.

I'm glad it doesn't matter to you; I was worried there for awhile about your feelings. I'm very relieved right now--a HUGE weight I didn't even realize I was carrying has been lifted off my shoulders.

Do you refer to yourself as a girl? Just wondering. I think of you more as a wizened old coot but maybe you're still living in your cheerleader days like Ramsey. I suggest that you post haste go and report any crimes committed against your person 40 years ago so you can finally heal and perhaps clean up that fucked up life of yours. It's a shame...all these years and no Mr. HotD and no little HotD's...it's time to process your past and bring those that harmed you 40 years ago to their knees so you can begin your healing and perhaps become the adult you were meant to be.

It does remain to be seen whether his crimes are 40 years old or not. If he committed more recent crimes, he deserves anything/everything he gets. But even as awful as what he apparently did was, I wouldn't persecute somebody who had seemingly lived 40 years after the crime as a mostly model citizen (I'm just throwing that out there; I have no idea if he's been a model citizen). Why would children need to be protected from someone who hasn't (potentially) committed a crime in over 40 years? I'd be more afraid of your Northern neighbor than him if that were the case.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-08-2014, 08:56 PM)username Wrote: I'm glad it doesn't matter to you; I was worried there for awhile about your feelings. I'm very relieved right now--a HUGE weight I didn't even realize I was carrying has been lifted off my shoulders.
Your arguments remind me of aussie's here, seriously.

You said, "if you (HOTD) want me to hate him, blah blah blah". I didn't assume you cared about how I feel when I responded. I only corrected your inaccurate assumption that I care about how you feel in regards to Stephen Collins, Mrs. All-About-Me.

(10-08-2014, 08:56 PM)username Wrote: Do you refer to yourself as a girl? Just wondering. I think of you more as a wizened old coot but maybe you're still living in your cheerleader days like Ramsey. I suggest that you post haste go and report any crimes committed against your person 40 years ago so you can finally heal and perhaps clean up that fucked up life of yours. It's a shame...all these years and no Mr. HotD and no little HotD's...it's time to process your past and bring those that harmed you 40 years ago to their knees so you can begin your healing and perhaps become the adult you were meant to be.

Jesus Christ, ^ that made zero sense. hah You can stop wondering -- yes, I refer to myself as a "girl" when speaking about something that happened to me when I was a child. It's accurate to refer to the female victims of Collins as "girls" when speaking about them in the context of the child molestation. "The girl in the neighborhood who was molested never said anything..." is correct. "The woman who used to be a girl in the neighborhood when she was molested never said anything when she was a girl nor as a woman" is needlessly lengthy. Yeah, I'm a loquacious bitch, but that's too much for even me.

P.s. I was never a cheerleader. I have no crimes against me. And, I'm the content unmarried childless (by birth, at least) adult that I was meant to be. Boring maybe, but true.

(10-08-2014, 08:56 PM)username Wrote: It does remain to be seen whether his crimes are 40 years old or not. If he committed more recent crimes, he deserves anything/everything he gets. But even as awful as what he apparently did was, I wouldn't persecute somebody who had seemingly lived 40 years after the crime as a mostly model citizen (I'm just throwing that out there; I have no idea if he's been a model citizen). Why would children need to be protected from someone who hasn't (potentially) committed a crime in over 40 years? I'd be more afraid of your Northern neighbor than him if that were the case.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I understand clearly that you wouldn't persecute him and you have a sort of personal statute of limitations when it comes to child molestation. I don't.

As far as prosecuting him, I don't know if I would or not. If I were the DA, there would be other factors (like the ones you mentioned) to weigh before making that call. As I said, I'm happy that the public exposure minimizes his opportunity to prey on children again, whether he's prosecuted or not. Maybe you consider that viewpoint to be like a persecution of the child molester? If so, yeah, I'm persecuting him.

Bottom line -- the taping was not illegal under California law where the recording was made, and there is no statute of limitations for sexual assault of a child in New York state where the confessed crimes took place. Thus, prosecution -- using the taped confession as evidence -- is possible in this case (though it wouldn't be in other states). So, poor persecuted Stephen (of whom I have no fear, btw) could be in big legal trouble, regardless of your notion that time should silently heal all wounds and absolve people of long-past crimes.

Ya damn troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(10-08-2014, 06:38 PM)username Wrote: No "girl" came forward, right? She's a fully grown adult...what, in her late 50's now? That's a pretty long time to process.

No, she reportedly told her husband in the 90s; she would have been between 20 and 30 years old. I don't know if she told anyone before she told her husband.

She also reportedly wrote an anonymous letter to Collins' wife warning her that her husband was a child molester in 2000. The wife confronted Collins and he told her that the girl must have seen his genitals because he wore holey jeans back then.

I don't know if the wife started grilling him then and looking into things or if he eventually just decided on his own to come clean, but he apparently admitted it was true to his wife at a later time and told her the names of 3 girls he'd been sexual towards. The wife then contacted the letter-writer in 2011. The alleged victim is cooperating with law enforcement and has been for years now.

She told cops that she would sleep in the guest room and Stephen would come in after showering, wearing only a towel. She claims he would then expose himself and several times put her hand on his penis. She says he would also touch and rub on her. She says that she would often thwart Collins' overtures by pretending to be asleep.

It's a an ugly deal between Collins and his ex. They're hurling accusations at each other left and right. I'm really only interested in crimes he committed against children, not the bullshit they've done to each other.
I read somewhere that Collins confessed on tape, but I don't know enough about this case to even comment as to his guilt or innocence....If he did molest girls (or boys) 40 years ago, he should pay the consequences, because trust me, he didn't quit molestation if truly a pedophile, and he is doing it today to someone. ...However, even if he hasn't done any molesting for the last 40 years, he has changed the lives of his victims forever, and should pay the consequences of that crime. We tend to underrate sexual crimes against children in our society. I will go one step further and say that all persons who rape and kill children should automatically receive a death sentence. No appeals....
(10-08-2014, 11:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's a an ugly deal between Collins and his ex.

That explains why this is coming out 40 years later. The ex has an ax to grind and the poor women this happened to are being used to further the ex's agenda. I feel badly for the original victims (I really do) but again, if he's been an upstanding citizen (excuse the pun) since then, I think it's kind of sick to drag up his and their past this way. After 40 years, there's no reason at this time to believe he's a threat to society. Then again, maybe now victims will come crawling out of the woodwork and it will be shown that he's been a rotten pervert/pedo the entire time. Who knows?

Eventually the victim's names will probably be revealed. I wonder if she/they really want to be a part of that circus if it comes to that. But now that the ex decided to record their therapy session and it's been obtained by the media, they have no say in the matter. Way to re-victimize the victims for your own agenda, ex-hole.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-09-2014, 12:02 AM)blueberryhill Wrote: However, even if he hasn't done any molesting for the last 40 years, he has changed the lives of his victims forever...

How do you possibly know that? Maybe they moved past it years ago. That assigns a certain mental weakness to people that just bugs the fuck out of me. Many people had rotten, horrible things happen to them when they were young (child abuse and neglect, incest, rape) and they're not fucked up today; they got over it (or "healed" if you want a kinder term).

I was molested as a very young child once and later as a teen I suppose (I was a minor--I slept with a couple of men that weren't). I don't feel like a victim now (and if I ever did, I came to terms with it). Look how well I turned out, dammit. Burla2

People don't necessarily carry that type of thing with them like it's a life sentence for chrissake. They move on and come to terms with the fucked up things that happened to them when they were younger. Most healthy people would do that. It's sad when anyone carries baggage like that with them their whole freaking lives. Blurg.
Commando Cunt Queen
I think blueberry's statement that molesters change the molested children's lives is fair. It's not the expected course of events for a person's introduction to sexual contact to occur as a child at the hands of an uncle or parents' dear friend (or any adult) molesting them and imploring them not to say anything. It doesn't necessarily ruin the child's life, though. Something like that could have a lifelong negative impact on some kids and a lesser impact on others -- no argument there.

In the case of the relative Collins molested, it did in fact change her life. She told someone around 25 years ago and the confirmed molestation had enough of a negative impact on her to write an anonymous letter of warning to his wife 15 years ago. She's been cooperating in the police investigations for years without going public. To suggest that she must be a weak baggage-carrier who's somehow doing wrong by her molester -- simply because Collins wasn't publicly outed or prosecuted within 30 to 40 years of molesting her and because your personal experiences and reactions to molestation are different than her's -- is more presumptuous and short-sighted to me than suggesting that her life must have been changed by the molestation, user.

And, yeah, I agree that the nasty divorce settlement battle is likely what spun Collins' confession into the public realm at this time. His wife may well be a huge vindictive bitch who's enjoying watching him squirm and lose his career. You feel sorry, to some degree, for the spot he's in. I don't; I think he's lucky to have avoided being outed, jailed, and required to register as a sex offender for so long. I hope he didn't molest more than the three girls to which he's confessed, but I won't be surprised if he did.

IDK, user. Maybe you would risk leaving a child alone with a known child molester if he told you that his molestations were limited to ones that happened decades ago and to which he's confessed. I would not.
(10-09-2014, 08:10 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think blueberry's statement that molesters change the molested children's lives is fair. It's not the expected course of events for a person's introduction to sexual contact to occur as a child at the hands of an uncle or parents' dear friend (or any adult) molesting them and imploring them not to say anything. It doesn't necessarily ruin the child's life, though. Something like that could have a lifelong negative impact on some kids and a lesser impact on others -- no argument there.

In the case of the relative Collins molested, it did in fact change her life. She told someone around 25 years ago and the confirmed molestation had enough of a negative impact on her to write an anonymous letter of warning to his wife 15 years ago. She's been cooperating in the police investigations for years without going public. To suggest that she must be a weak baggage-carrier who's somehow doing wrong by her molester -- simply because Collins wasn't publicly outed or prosecuted within 30 to 40 years of molesting her and because your personal experiences and reactions to molestation are different than her's -- is more presumptuous and short-sighted to me than suggesting that her life must have been changed by the molestation, user.

And, yeah, I agree that the nasty divorce settlement battle is likely what spun Collins' confession into the public realm at this time. His wife may well be a huge vindictive bitch who's enjoying watching him squirm and lose his career. You feel sorry, to some degree, for the spot he's in. I don't; I think he's lucky to have avoided being outed, jailed, and required to register as a sex offender for so long. I hope he didn't molest more than the three girls to which he's confessed, but I won't be surprised if he did.

IDK, user. Maybe you would risk leaving a child alone with a known child molester if he told you that his molestations were limited to ones that happened decades ago and to which he's confessed. I would not.

This reminds me of what someone once referred to as picking gnat shit out of pepper.

I'm glad that you agree with me that not all molestation victims are negatively impacted forever. "Forever" being a key word.

I don't know the woman who has leveled these charges. Just because, over the course of years, she has written an anonymous letter and more recently cooperated with police (I wonder if she went to the police or the ex hole directed them to her?) doesn't necessarily mean she is dragging baggage around. That's a mentality that I can't possibly know about her without knowing her personally. I do know people though that go on and on about things that occurred in their youth and continue to use those instances to justify poor behavior on their part long past the time when they should have gotten over it though (or at least stopped using it as an excuse for their own failures/mental hang ups). If you don't agree with that, you're saying that, for example, someone who is abused as a child has every reason/justification to go on and abuse children as an adult.

I hope, for her sake, that this woman can continue to remain anonymous if that has been her wish all along.

As far as the giant mental leap you took regarding how I might choose to leave a child alone with someone who molested decades ago and you wouldn't...? Bravo, HotD. That's a fine example of mental acrobats right there.

The guy has been publicly outed and his life changed in part because of his celebrity. Oh well, that's the risk/maybe downside of being famous (in that regard, I can feel badly for him but not...it's the nature of the beast). Michael Phelps is going through the same damn thing and I don't feel too sorry for him but two DUI's ten years apart happens every damn day. One guy around here got four in the space of one or two days recently for chrissake. But then again, he's not famous so it's an obscure footnote in the local paper.

As far as prosecuting Collins for something that happened 40 years ago? If that remains the extent of his crimes for the past 40 years, no, I don't think he should be prosecuted.

And the ex remains a steaming butthole. How long has she known about this? How convenient that she found the morale outrage to record him as they were heading down the road to divorce.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-09-2014, 12:20 PM)username Wrote: As far as the giant mental leap you took regarding how I might choose to leave a child alone with someone who molested decades ago and you wouldn't...? Bravo, HotD. That's a fine example of mental acrobats right there.

You're such a hypocritical asshole. Blowing-kisses

I said "maybe", which implies that I don't know if you would or not. I said "maybe you would" because you contend that people knowing about his pedophelic behavior is unfair to him or bad, even though people knowing will give them the opportunity to avoid the risk of leaving Collins alone with children. So take your imaginary leap and fly!

Anyway, you've confirmed that you wouldn't leave a child alone with a known child molester -- whether the known molestations happened 40 years ago or 40 seconds ago. So, we're on the same page there and I'd guess that puts us in the vast majority.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out from a legal perspective. They'll be in divorce court early next month where the molestation issues are expected to be brought forth by her (she wants assets divided immediately to avoid being financially responsible should he be sued by victims) and he is expected to detail alleged extortion attempts made by her.

Extortion attempts. Heh. So I'm guessing had she been able to blackmail him successfully she would have kept her mouth shut.
^ I don't know.

He accused her of extortion attempts after the tape was leaked.

Her lawyer says that she has only ever asked for 5050 in the split, per California law and wants the asset division legally wrapped up soon due to the investigations underway.

Grant and her lawyer claim the extortion allegations are deflective bullshit and that she didn't leak the tapes.

I don't know if she attempted to extort him or not. I do know that he committed child molestation.
(10-09-2014, 01:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know if she attempted to extort him or not. I do know that he committed child molestation.

Just about 40 years ago, Richard Nixon resigned and was subsequently pardoned. The irony. That seems like a life time ago.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-09-2014, 01:50 PM)username Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 01:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know if she attempted to extort him or not. I do know that he committed child molestation.

Just about 40 years ago, Richard Nixon resigned and was subsequently pardoned. The irony. That seems like a life time ago.

And today Presidents do what he did in the blink of an eye without even worrying about it. How time changes things.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.