Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SOCHI
(02-09-2014, 07:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: Bodi Miller who is getting old but still competing says that down hill coarse is very dangerous, a killer even

Shaun White pulled out of one of his events, an event that most had him picked to win and his reasoning was that he didn't want to take a chance on injuring himself bad enough that he wouldn't be able to compete in another event that he is also expected to win gold in. He mentioned seeing another boarder break his nose, another broke his collarbone, the course is very demanding even after modifications.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I like hearing a little background on the athletes & I usually find it interesting. These kids have all worked so hard to participate in these games and their joy is often palpable. I particularly like this story. This is what happened after his winning run -

A gold medalist Canadian freestyle skier had only one person that he wanted to celebrate with after completing his near-perfect run in Sochi: his disabled brother.

Alex Bilodeau has spoken countless times about how he is so close with his brother Frederic, who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at a young age and told he would not be able to walk beyond the age of 12, yet more than 15 years later he is still able to do so.

When 26-year-old Alex made the final stop at the end of the mountain on Monday night, he immediately ran over to his brother and pulled him over the barrier so that they could celebrate together.

[Image: article-2556811-1B5E045C00000578-689_634x390.jpg]

[Image: article-2556811-1B5E7A0300000578-464_634x435.jpg]

[Image: article-2556811-1B5E0FBC00000578-339_634x467.jpg]

Story
^ that was a very moving story. It aired last night.

I was glad to see him win gold again.
Not sure if it's live or not, but Shaun White just fucked up bad on his first run down the half pipe. Landed the centre of his board right on the lip...that's gotta hurt!
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

The guys have been complaining for days that the course is a piece of shit. Some have already been injured on it.
Shaun White finished fourth to the iPod and a couple of nips. Who'd a thunkit...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

I heard about the 4th place finish yesterday but I didn't want to be a spoiler. Sucks for him.
hah

I'm easily pleased. A bottle of red and two day old TV....shweeeet!

Given the state of that course, do you think these bad finishes are a true indication of their skills?
How the fuck should I know? My two trips to the little hills covered with snow that we have involved me falling on my ass a lot on the beginners run, followed by drinking copious amounts of liquor in the chalet bar. I have no clue, sorry...
The Skeleton event is insane!

I think I'd rather be shot out of a cannon than do that.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I love watching the skiing. I'll never have balls to do what so many of them do with ease. It's thrilling when they are flying through the air.
I thought curling was a sport for fat old men . . . then I saw Thomas Ulsrud (Norway) without his shirt.

This guy has Men's Health cover model looks and a physique to match!
(02-13-2014, 12:46 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: then I saw Thomas Ulsrud (Norway) without his shirt.

[Image: Thomas2.jpg]
^^^^^ Thank you!
I didn't think Curling required a six pack.

Curling puzzles me its like a load of people turned up one day to go ice skating but they all realised they had forgotten their ice skates. But two of them each had a broom and one them had a gym weight that could slide across the ice. Et voila! Curling was born!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I hope someone can find one of Torah Bright without a shirt.
(02-13-2014, 04:43 PM)crash Wrote: I hope someone can find one of Torah Bright without a shirt.

I looked a little bit for you. She must be a private person, it's difficult to find her in anything other than snowboarding gear.

[Image: torah_bright.jpg]
Smiley_emoticons_smile

Thanks! I doubt anyone but her parents, husband or doctor has seen her with her shirt off. She is very attractive.

I read that 100,000 condoms were distributed, which is down from the 150,00 given out for the London games.

A 23 yr. old female skier broke her back on a practice run :(

It's warm over there. I saw a cross country skier with bare arms and a couple snowboarders were sun bathing. Crazy, huh, for the Winter games. Not all of the skiers have even been able to finish their races because the snow (they say) is so fucked up.