Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What's your favorite childhood food
Mine would be canned spaghetti O's and Lucky Charms cereal.

My parents refused to buy that crap because they were tards (would it kill them to buy it just once for Christ's sake) and I thought I was in heaven when I spent the night at my friend's house and her pantry was stocked full of it.
Anything my mother put on the table ! She was a good cook and not eating what she served was not an option. To this day I like everything. And, I clean my plate. She made a wonderful open faced hamburg that was cooked on the broiler.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Lucky Charms? I would never let my kid eat a bowl of candy for breakfast which is essentially what Lucky Charms is.

“What did you have for breakfast?”

“I had a bowl of cereals coated in sugar syrup with marshmallows!”

I'm with dirt, I was given food if you don't eat it you go hungry motherfucker!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(02-07-2014, 12:15 AM)sally Wrote: My parents refused to buy that crap because they were tards

No your parents refused to buy that CRAP! (Because thats what Lucky Charms and tinned pasta covered in sugary tomato puke is!) Because they were good and responsible parents.

I can imagine you buy your kids any toxic, sugary, fat ladden junk just to shut them up for five minutes. You have already admitted you serve your family calorie ladden artery hardening junk for dinner knowing its bad for their health.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
BREYER'S Vanilla Fudge Ice Cream. All that has changed now and it's nothing like it was the 1950's. Buying it hand dipped at the corner grocer added a lot to the experience. 10 cents for a dip the size of a softball on a sugar cone.

My mom's lasagna, beef stew & biscuits and gingerbread with caramel sauce. Nom Nom Nom
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My mom's tacos - ground beef, chopped up spring potatoes, packaged taco seasoning, crisp but a little greasy fried corn tortilla, hot sauce, lettuce, tomato and sharp cheddar.

I never liked Lucky Charms, but Captain Crunch kicked ass (also hurt the roof of my mouth though).

I did like Spaghetti Os with meatballs and we sometimes had those, but not too often.
I think my fav childhood dish was my moms Tuna Caserole, this was 20 years before Tuna Helper so the ingredients were pronounceable and could be readily identified. Rare treat though
They would buy those sugary junk cereals now and then, but I was never a fan, my faves were Shreaded What and Cheerios, no sugar
(02-07-2014, 09:55 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Shreaded What

I don't know you tell me! If you hum me a few bars I'll try and play along!
I can remember my daughter, a few years ago now, asking for Cookie Crisp “cereal” only to be told “no you aren't eating a bowlful of minature cookies for your breakfast”.

Some food companies seem hellbent in getting kids hooked on fat and sugary shit as early as possible.
(02-07-2014, 11:16 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Some food companies seem hellbent in getting kids hooked on fat and sugary shit as early as possible.

I watched something in the past few years that dealt with that topic. The toddlers knew what the images for Burger King, Mickey D's and several others were. They correctly made the association.
Just checked, Lucky Charms are very high in sugar and in salt would you believe!

They also contain trisodium phosphate which is also used to clean outdoor surfaces before painting them!

Hmmmmm scrummy!
(02-07-2014, 11:19 AM)Duchess Wrote: I watched something in the past few years that dealt with that topic. The toddlers knew what the images for Burger King, Mickey D's and several others were. They correctly made the association.

Absolutely, I can believe that. They did a survey recently and discovered more children knew more about corporate logos and characters than they did about Bible stories.

Now as you know I'm not a huge fan of the Bible or religion in general but I would rather have kids reading the Bible, Koran etc than watching adverts for junk and eating junk.
(02-07-2014, 04:26 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I can imagine you buy your kids any toxic, sugary, fat ladden junk just to shut them up for five minutes. You have already admitted you serve your family calorie ladden artery hardening junk for dinner knowing its bad for their health.

No, we eat quite healthy actually. I'm very conscientious of what I feed my kids. Occasionally I'll cook an extravagant meal that is high in calories, but for the most part out diet consists of whole grains, fruit, vegetables and lean protein.

I don't keep soda and sweets in the house regularly, but I don't completely forbid it either. Everything in moderation.
(02-07-2014, 04:26 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: You have already admitted you serve your family calorie ladden artery hardening junk for dinner knowing its bad for their health.

Didn't you say you were learning how to make French pastries, you hypocrite? Since when are pastries good for your health or waist line? I suppose you're making them out of bulgar wheat and quinoa 78.
(02-07-2014, 12:19 PM)sally Wrote: Didn't you say you were learning how to make French pastries, you hypocrite?

Not for daily consumption or at breakfast time you mong.

Also my French pastry doesn't contain industrial cleaners, rocket fuel derivatives and endless chemical colourants and dyes.

Classic French cooking is way healthier than processed junk full of chemicals and fuck knows what else. The FDA have approved toxic shit for you to eat by the barrelful and you do barrelful after barrelful.
(02-07-2014, 12:48 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 12:19 PM)sally Wrote: Didn't you say you were learning how to make French pastries, you hypocrite?

Not for daily consumption or at breakfast time you mong.

Also my French pastry doesn't contain industrial cleaners, rocket fuel derivatives and endless chemical colourants and dyes.

Classic French cooking is way healthier than processed junk full of chemicals and fuck knows what else. The FDA have approved toxic shit for you to eat by the barrelful and you do barrelful after barrelful.

You said that I admitted to feeding my family calorie laden junk. I wouldn't call fresh fried chicken, homemade biscuits, and potatoes with onions, peppers and cheese junk. Calorie laden yes, but it's no more junk then your calorie laden French pastries. Also I never said that I cook that way all the time just like you don't eat pastries daily.

And what the fuck difference does it make what time of day you consume the pastries? Breakfast time would actually be the best so you have the rest of the day to burn off the calories, you mong.

I never said I eat processed food by the barrelful either, don't know where you got that from. In fact you probably eat more processed food than anyone because I remember you talking about your frozen dinners and canned corn, which may I remind you also comes in a chemical lined tin just like spaghetti o's. Hypocrite.

Woooo. This could get good. 57

Please make it good for me. Please.
Ding Dongs.

They're my favorite sugary, no substance, all artificial, delicious junk food treat. I love peeling the foil back. Haven't had one in probably over 5 years.

Chocolate-iced buttermilk donut bars are second on my literal "to die for" sweet treat list. I have a couple a year with coffee. Wish I had one now.
Boo-berry, Count Chocula, Frankenberry
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.