Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
health food? vitamins?
Inspired, in part, by the drivel of a soup chicken in another thread who feeds her family a diet high in calories and sugar than wonders why her husband is a sweaty fat fuck and her sprogs are hyperactive monkeys.

Do you eat health foods? Take vitamin supplements? Natural remedies?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(02-08-2014, 01:34 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Do you eat health foods? Take vitamin supplements? Natural remedies?

I don't take any vitamins but I sometimes think about doing so. I don't take any natural remedies either because in general (knock wood) I'm healthy. I try to eat healthy. Cooking is not a skill I am good at so I'm not making big, elaborate meals. Quite a bit of my food comes from the Amish so I know what I'm getting. The thought of meat injected with hormones and other crap makes me want to barf even though I'm not really a carnivore.

Every now & then I get a yen for a double quarter pounder with cheese and a shit ton of fries but I haven't acted on it in years.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You don't need vitamin supplements you get all the vitamins you need from a balanced diet. That's key to me, eating a variety of foods. Trying to stay away from the killer combination of high fat and sugar unless its the odd treat of course.

Getting food from the Amish is good because its all organic, I mean you can't totally avoid chemicals but then of course some chemicals are good for you, water is a chemical H2O and water is the best thing you can drink. But we've cut out most of the soda, energy drinks are but a memory and we sometimes go days and weeks without eating candy or chocolate. And for work now its packed lunches everyday, making my own sandwiches with fresh ingredients I'm putting health before convenience from now on. Treats? Sure but not everyday or even every week from now on.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Here's my fridge, bitch. Feel free to point out what garbage you see.

We don't take any pills. The only thing in my medicine cabinet is a bottle of Advil for the occasional headache.

[Image: 020_zps8a150847.jpg]

Love that fridge. That pull out freezer drawer does it for me. Rrrrrr 109
I have organic milk, pomegranate juice, and canned beets in there for fuck's sake. The only reason I don't have fresh beets is because they don't always have them at the grocery store.
I take a daily multivitamin, and daily magnesium drink. It cost me $30 for a tub of this magnesium and I have to say, it has made no noticeable difference to me. I don't know if any of it makes any difference. I had one doctor who said to me, 'save your money'.
What the hell are you drinking magnesium for, Aussie? I remember mixing that stuff up for my 90 year old great grandma so she could have a BM.
It's supposed to relax you.
Well stop taking it already, you're twice the constipated fruit cake on it.
(02-09-2014, 10:40 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Never confuse a delayed reply with a none existant “win”, pussy muncher. I will be back in that thread to bend you over and stick my forum cock up your sweaty gaping anus as per usual don't worry!

I'll just have to nervously await I guess. I hope you're not going to chastise me for having too many condiments. I also have some brie in there too which might get me into hot water.

Why is he calling you a pussy muncher? You like men.
That fridge right there had OCD written a over it.

I take B Complex and Vitamin D. I drink tons of water. I can't say we've been eating that healthy lately but that's going to change. We grill about once a week but I'd like to increase that and have more fresh steamed veggies with dinner. We need to get back into that routine.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
OH FUCK! I just noticed I have a to go box in the back. The shits gonna hit the fan now.

Maybe no one will notice, it blends in pretty good.
(02-09-2014, 02:02 PM)sally Wrote: OH FUCK! I just noticed I have a to go box in the back. The shits gonna hit the fan now.

Well, if you hadn't removed all the beers, it woulda stayed hidden.

Can't win for losing...
I knew I should have tossed it out the window to that bum I saw on the way home.
(02-09-2014, 03:16 PM)sally Wrote: I knew I should have tossed it out the window to that bum I saw on the way home.

hah

At least gotten out of the car and helped the elderly "peasant" up out of the gutter before handing him the box and a crisp $20.

Risky, though - he might have given you a flirtatious wink or tried to look up your skirt or something. All hell could have broken loose.

Shit, it's so hard to know just the right thing to do to please all the prissy busybodies at once.
I take vitamins when I feel like it (every few days). There was a study recently that said daily vitamins don't do diddly for your long term health or longevity. And CN's right, you should get your vitamins from food sources. That's why I take them sporadically; the occasional pill supplement in case I forgot something. I try to be more consistent with fish oils though since I hate and almost never cook anything that comes from the ocean. I slip omega 3 supplements in my kids' smoothies. You can put almost anything in a smoothie and they'll never know.

Lately, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being awesome, I'd put our diets at a low 6. We could do a lot better; I just have to bump it up on the priority scale.
Commando Cunt Queen
I think I was ripped off with the expensive magnesium and the multivitamins for that matter. I shouldn't have wasted my money.