Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NFL 2014
Clinton-Dix.. Not such a bad fit. I guess I was off, but I'd still like to see us pick up a keen OT in the remaining three picks. I kinda like the look of Bitonio, but I reckon he'll be gone before we get there. Maybe Flemming..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

Is Clinton-Dix the guy that's called Ha Ha?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-08-2014, 10:14 PM)Duchess Wrote: 18 picks and Johnny Football is still sitting there Woooo.

He was number 22. I think he is an asshole and too big for his britches.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

That's how I view him too. After being picked he walked out onto the stage making the money sign with his fingers. The camera kept panning to him in the room where they wait and he was looking like he was under some serious stress and it only got more intense as the number kept climbing. Heh.
No class. And his antics are going to get him in trouble
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I found this article by Dan Graziano interesting, bagging the Giants for snapping up Odell Beckham Jr at 12, stating that their scouting passion got in the way of common sense statistics.

I just got this hunch that OBJ might make Graziano eat those words, but that's going to depend on the quality of the second/third string QBs in the Giants lineup, given Manning has only just elected to have surgery on his shitty ankle a couple of weeks ago. I think it's a do or die year for the other Manning, and it amazes me he left it this late for surgery.

Yes yes, boss lady, I can hear you yawning from here..

It's only the fucking Giants for chrissakes, who cares?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(05-09-2014, 09:03 AM)crash Wrote: Yes yes, boss lady, I can hear you yawning from here..

Hell no I wasn't yawning. I love to read negative stuff about Eli. Makes my day. hah
I don't like Maggot's teams first round pick. I think that kid is a bag of injuries waiting to pop.
(05-09-2014, 09:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 09:03 AM)crash Wrote: Yes yes, boss lady, I can hear you yawning from here..

Hell no I wasn't yawning. I love to read negative stuff about Eli. Makes my day. hah
WORD. They made a good pick last night, but if they don't address the O line issues pretty soon, Eli's a dead man.
Vikes took some OLB from UCLA that I'd never heard of, and then traded up to get Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater's stock had dropped rapidly after his "pro day" didn't go very well. However, our GM says they worked him out privately a couple times with Norv Turner present, and are confident he's the QB of the future.
(05-09-2014, 03:24 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Vikes took some OLB from UCLA that I'd never heard of, and then traded up to get Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater's stock had dropped rapidly after his "pro day" didn't go very well. However, our GM says they worked him out privately a couple times with Norv Turner present, and are confident he's the QB of the future.
Bridgewater has a lot of potential.
Theres a bit if a raucous in the sports news over here now about Sam's facesuck after being drafted in the 7th round by the Rams. Right down to the anchor on CNN getting her knickers in a bunch over the death threats.

There is here too. Former players are talking about it in a negative manner and a Miami player was fined for an offensive tweet.
Yeah Jones and Ward were featured in the story as well. They're painting the NFL in a fairly homophobic light down here. Right down to where they quoted a St Louis fan that tweeted "You need to stfu, Ward, you homophobic faggot"..

Heh...define the irony!

Some people are so pissed about that kiss. I'm not a fan of PDA's in general but like with a straight couple I do understand kissing in a moment of joy. The guy just had his dream realized by being picked to join the NFL. Many don't understand why the NFL would choose to film it and then present it to everyone.
I had more of a problem with Sam being left in the cold until the 7th round than I did with his celebration with his partner, not that I saw it live or anything... I'd wager a bet it's been a while since the defensive MVP for the SEC has waited until the last round to be drafted.

And I still call bullshit on the whiny bitch claims that the NFL shouldn't be putting that kind of thing on the live draft telecast because kids might be watching. Kids are subjected to far worse advertising everyday of the week than a same sex kiss..
(05-13-2014, 07:43 AM)crash Wrote: I had more of a problem with Sam being left in the cold until the 7th round

Many share your opinion. I think teams were afraid, afraid to have him in the locker room, afraid he would be a distraction, afraid of the constant media presence. I've seen many, many players offer words of encouragement & congratulations. Again the media builds a mountain out of a mole hill. Kudos to the Rams for drafting him. I hope he makes the cut.
(05-13-2014, 07:49 AM)Duchess Wrote:
I hope he makes the cut.

I hear what you're saying, and I tend to agree. I wish I didn't have to, but I do. And if they let him make the cut or not will be the key. In saying that, I can't imagine why any team would take the risk of drafting him to leave him on the bench. I'm thinking they have a plan to put a positive spin on with the extra media attention.

I like Jeff Fisher a lot. I think he's a very good HC, according to him he had had his eye on Michael for awhile now and knew going into the draft that he was going to take him if he was still there. He cleared it with the owner who told him to go for it and then he called Michael to tell him he was going to be picked.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think for the most part it has been positive, the media only wants to report on the salacious aspect of it and flame the negative.
I didn't know that, but it makes perfect sense.

That's what the media do best . It sells papers and advertising space. If they told only the bare truth, they'd all be broke.