Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm looking at a coin collection Sunday.
A guy in my shop told me he had a collection he just inherited so he brings in a box about 24" x 24" filled with all kinds of stuff. Quite a few mint sets from 1960 and up. a few rolls of Morgans. Some albums of silver Washington quarters with a few barbers in there. a 10 oz. round of silver and in the corner of the box 2 original bank wrapped silver dollar rolls. not sure what they are but the top one was a Morgan.
I said that they were cool and how much you want and he says "I'm bringing them to a pawn shop Saturday" Smiley_emoticons_shocked
So I ask him to wait and let me do an inventory so he has a base price because he has no clue and he says "I have 4 more boxes in the truck" Smiley_emoticons_shocked

This may take awhile and a few thousand bucks and I will have to take them on consignment but I just love looking at old 50 yr old dusty collections.

I cant wait and might lose sleep over this. hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-01-2014, 09:31 PM)Maggot Wrote: might lose sleep over this. hah

I know you're serious. What a fun way for a coin collector to spend some time, huh.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I watched a documentary about ship building. Riveting.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Very cool
Aw, just had a flash of memory of our late friend, newbiecollector. Remember him??
(03-02-2014, 05:48 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Aw, just had a flash of memory of our late friend, newbiecollector. Remember him??

Hell yeah.......we traded a few coins I still have them a couple silver rounds from him.

I ended up buying 47 morgans @ 20.00 each. They will be sold online and any added monetary value will be returned to the owners. The bank rolled coins well that's another market but the guys wife really liked me for some stupid reason. I think I probably reminded her of her Dad or she liked my goat. hah Great hugger that one with lots of pillow talk. Blowing-kisses
(03-02-2014, 11:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: but the guys wife really liked me for some stupid reason. I think I probably reminded her of her Dad or she liked my goat. hah Great hugger that one with lots of pillow talk. Blowing-kisses

Be careful when you channel the spirit of midwest spy you might become permanently possessed. You will turn into the antichrist, a deluded wannabe ladies man going through a midlife crisis.

The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
There was a couple from Georgia on the news over here this week who were out walking their dog and discovered some tins of coins.

$10000000.00 worth....apparently
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(03-04-2014, 03:49 PM)crash Wrote: There was a couple from Georgia on the news over here this week who were out walking their dog and discovered some tins of coins.

$10000000.00 worth....apparently

They say they were stolen from the mint in 1900 and might end up going back. That would piss me off.